Western Australia, Land & People
"WA, the whole of WA and nothing but WA"
- Use the "FIND" function in the Edit menu of your browser to search the page
- Use translating services in Chrome or Bing Bar in Internet Explorer to view page and/or linked websites in your language
Western Australia, state (1991 pop. 1,409,965), 975,920 sq mi (2,527,633 sq km), Australia, comprising the entire western part of the continent. It is bounded on the N, W, and S by the Indian Ocean. Perth is the capital. Other important cities are Kalgoorlie, a gold-mining center; Fremantle, the chief port; and Bunbury, a port S of Perth. Western Australia is the largest state of the commonwealth, but only its southwest corner is fertile and substantially settled; the rest is arid and scarcely habitable. Half the population lives in the Perth metropolitan area. Western Australia’s population of Australian aborigines numbers about 25,000. State-owned goldfields cover much of Western Australia, and there is a vast central desert. The King Leopold, Hamersley, and Stirling ranges are actually high plateaus. The large lakes in the interior are usually dry, and the northern rivers (the Fortescue, Fitzroy, and Ashburton) are intermittent; the only important river is the Swan in the southwest. The climate is tropical in the north and temperate in the southwest. Agriculture is confined primarily to the southwest and around Perth. About one half of the cultivated land is in wheat. Sheep graze in the north and southwest, and wool is a major product. Meat, dairy products, and timber are also important. The mining of iron, gold, and bauxite has played a major role in the state’s economy for many years. Industry expanded significantly during the 1960s; industrial metals, machinery, and transportation equipment are the main manufactures. Dirck Hartog, a Dutchman who arrived in 1616, was the first white man known to have visited the coast. A penal colony was founded at Albany in 1826, and the first free settlement was established in the Perth-Fremantle area in 1829. During the 1850s, Britain sent some 10,000 convicts to aid the settlers, most of whom had migrated from E Australia. In the 1860s the first livestock farmers arrived in the northwest. Gold was discovered in the 1880s. Governed at first by New South Wales, Western Australia received its own governor in 1831 and a full constitution as a separate colony in 1890. In 1901 it became a state of the Commonwealth of Australia. The state government consists of a premier, a cabinet, and a bicameral parliament. The nominal chief executive is the governor, appointed by the British crown on advice of the cabinet.
Copyright (c) 2012 Columbia University Press.
Used by permission of Columbia University Press.
General Info, Flora & Fauna, Maps, Cities & Towns, Places & Regions, National Parks & Gardens, Wine Regions
Economy, Directories, Reports, Statistics, Investment, Banks....
Arts, Literature, Heritage, Galleries, Museums, Paintings, Music, Festivals....
Universities, Schools & Colleges, Training (Acadamic & Technical) Associations, Centers & Unions, Libraries,
Resources & Incentives (for teachers, students & parents), Research & Projects....
Hospitals, Medical Insurance, Treatments, Trauma Help....
Radio & TV, Online Magazines & Newspapers, Classifieds....
Government, Environment, Policing, Security & Safety, Transport & Utilities, Industrial, Societies, Action Groups & Charities
Sport & Hobbies
Recreation & Outdoor Interests, Flora & Fauna, Collectors, Sea & River, Golf, Wheels, Motors & Racing,
Camping & Outdoor, Athletics, Sport Teams and Clubs, ....
Airlines, Air, Sea & Coach Charters servicing WA, Tours, Holidays & Adventures, Guides & Places, Shopping,
Accommodation, Amusement and Theme Parks - Fun & Education for all, Entertainment & Restaurants, Weather
Anything but sex & religion. Special Interest Sites....
Other good links to Western Australia - Search engines, gateways....
Arts, Crafts, Artists & Private Galleries of Western Australia....
Western Australian Companies exporting or with export potential....
About Western Australia
General Information, Flora & Fauna, Photos
- G'day from WA A website about Western Australia with photographs, information, themes and much more
- Regional WA General information, history of Perth and Western Australia
- Tourist Spots WA is made up of eleven regions - each one offering a distinct range of travel experiences and attractions
- Western Australia Heritage Places, buildings and objects of natural, indigenous and historic significance
Regions, Shires, Cities, Towns & Places.... Also see Tours, Holidays & Adventures
The following links contain information and links listed according to the regions of Western Australia, including Metropolitan Perth, and further sub-listed into categories to assist in good planning in whatever activity a traveller, adventurer, business person, family or anyone intends to do in or learn about the region. It is a good "getaway" planning tool for long or short holidays, winter breaks, summer vacations, weekends and even day or half day tours as well as giving you assistance in finding information about places, environment, tourism, business, entertainment, accommodation, festivals, events, attractions, sport, outdoor activities & recreation, etc.....
Metropolitan Perth Home
* North West
* South East
Regional Western Australia Home
* Great Southern
* Metropolitan Perth
* South East
* South West
National Parks & Gardens
- NatureBase National, marine and regional parks in Western Australia. A visitor's guide to the state
- Ningaloo Coral Reef & Marine Park Coral & the fish life on Ningaloo Reef
- Recreation Guide to Parks and Forests 63 national parks and countless State forest recreation sites
- WA National Parks Cape Leeuwin, Stirling Range, Cape Le Grand, Cape Arid, Yanchep, Nambung and many more
Wine Regions & Breweries.... Visit Breweries, Wineries & Vinyards
- Perth Hills Wine Region Includes charming boutique wineries, each offers a very different experience; with several restaurants
* Sport & Hobbies
Business and Economy
Directories, Reports, Statistics, Investment, Banks....
- BankWest A full service bank based in Perth
- Business Brokers Association of Western Australia Business & Insurance brokers, stocktakers, settlement & real sstate Agents, business valuers and solicitors
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia To help foster an economic environment that encourages the growth of responsible private enterprise
- The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of WA Assist the community in understanding the unique ability of the resources sector to contribute to their well being
- Tourism Council Western Australia The state's peak tourism industry body.
- Small Business Development Corporation - WA Developing programs and services to meet the needs of small business
- The South Coast Regional Initiative Planning Team (SCRIPT) A close working relationship between community and government agencies
- StateWest Credit Society A truly Western Australian financial institution committed to providing excellent service to its WA customers
- WA Real Estate Directory of Agents and Realtors, WA Listings
- Western Australian Companies Website Directory (Worth a visit, includes wineries)
- JobSearch Western Australian Job Search
- A2Z Migration Services No Obligation and free initial assessment
- Australia Visa People Australia Visa and Migration Agent information
- Access WA Skilled migration, business migration, education and investment
- Australian Visa and Immigration Consultants No Obligation and free initial assessment
- ISCAH Australian Migration Consultants Providing expert, professional service to assist in applying for migration to Australia
* Sport & Hobbies
Arts, Literature, Heritage, Galleries, Museums, Paintings, Music, Festivals.... For theaters and venues, see Entertainment
- Arts, Crafts, Artists & Private Galleries of Western Australia Works of WA artists on display....
- Art Seen in WA An on-line collection of REVIEWS and COMMENTS on the Visual Arts Scene in WA
- Country Arts WA Supporting the development and delivery of arts and cultural activity in regional WA
- Culture and Arts Support and development of the arts, screen and cultural industries in WA....
- Film and Television Institute (WA) Combines exhibition, education, production and resources
- Heritage Council of WA Encourage the conservation of places which have significance to the cultural heritage of WA
- Independent Theatre Association of WA An organization drawn from community and amateur theatre throughout WA
- Japanese Animation Fans - WA People that come together for the enjoyment and promotion of Japanese animation
- KULCHA Multicultural Arts Ethnic Music Centre and presenter of multicultural arts and a leading world music venue
- National Trust of Australia (W.A.) Heritage and endangered places to visit and learn about
- Performing Arts Centre Society General support for primarily local theatre practitioners
- Screen West Will tell you how to film in WA and what's happening in the local industry
- Tura New Music Providing entertaining, educational and cultural activities....
- WA Folklore Archive A selection of traditional WA stories from various oral, print and other sources
- West Australian Quilters' Association A group of people who are interested in all aspects of patchwork and quilting
- WA Museum Exhibitions, collections & research, education, library, services, friends, information, what's on
- Association of Western Australian Art Galleries Provide a major recurrent popular cultural attraction for WA
- Ausdance WA Open to everyone interested in all forms of dance
- Barking Gecko WA's premier young people's theatre company
- Black Swan State Theatre Company Innovative local and international theatre productions
- Buzz Dance Theatre Company Contemporary dance theatre company specifically for children and young people
- Nova Ensemble A WA contemporary music ensemble consisting of six of WA's leading composer/performers
- Perth Theatre Company Challenges and excites audiences and creates new opportunities for WA artists
- STEPS Youth Dance Company Provides opportunities for young dancers to work with some of the most dynamic professional artists in WA
- WA Ballet Company A showcase for the country's finest talent
- West Australian Opera Company Programmes and info
- WA Symphony Orchestra Music to move, entertain and enlighten
- Western Australian Youth Music Association To provide quality musical training and performance opportunities for young Western Australian musicians
- Youth Ballet WA A launching pad for talented young dancers from Perth and around the state
Festivals & Events
- Australia Day Events A day for community and families to celebrate together, through spontaneous as well as formal ceremonies
- Sunset Events A completely new brand of events: Sunset Cinema, Southbound Festival, West Coast Blues 'n' Roots Festival, One Movement Festival and other shows
- Wobbleboard World Championships Playing the wobble board and decorating the board
Famous & Infamous West Australians (or who called Western Australia home)
- Alan Bond Businessman. History and other info
- Albert Facey Writer. Brief biography
- Basil Zempilas Sports presenter. Brief biography
- Ben Cousins Australian rules footballer. Biography, personal life and other info
- Bob Hawke Politician. Early life and education, unions, life & politics and other info
- Bon Scott Rock musician, AC/DC. Biography and other info
- Brian Burke Politician. Biography, career, CCC, controversies and other info
- C. Y. O'Connor Engineer. Early life, works, legacy and other info
- Dennis Lillee Cricketer. Biography, career, controversy and other info
- Edith Cowan Politician & social campaigner. Biography and other info
- Eskimo Joe Rock band. History, members, discography and other info
- Fat Cat Mascot for Telethon. Brief history
- Gemma Ward Model & actress. Early life, career, personal life, filmography and other info
- Greg Egan Science fiction author. Brief biography, works and other info
- Heath Ledger Actor. Family and personal life, career, press controversies, filmography and other info
- Jill Birt Keyboard player, The Triffids. Biography and other info
- Joan London Author. Biography and other info
- John Butler Musician. Music career, life as musician, personal life, discography and other info
- John Curtin Politician. Early life, political career, legacy, culture and other info
- John Forrest Explorer& politician. Early years and family life, political career, character, legacy and other info
- Karnivool Rock band. Biography, members, discography and other info
- Kevin Bloody Wilson Comedy singer & songwriter. Early career, discography and other info
- Kim Beazley Politician & Acadeamic. Early life, career in government and other info
- Kim Scott Writer. Brief biography, bibliography and other info
- Luc Longley Basketball player. Brief biography
- Lucky Oceans Guitarist, Asleep at the Wheel. Biography, discography and other info
- Luke Steele Singer & songwriter, The Sleepy Jackson. Family, influences and other info
- Margaret Court Tennis player. Biography, career, stats and other info
- Melissa George Actress. Biography, filmography and other info
- Nicole Trunfio Model. Personal life, career and other info
- Philippa Nikulinsky Botanical illustrator. Brief biography
- Ralph Sarich Inventor. Brief biography
- Rod Marsh Wicketkeeper. Biography, career, style and other info
- Rolf Harris A multi-talented artist. Biography, music and art, recordings and appearances, career, discography and other info
- Rove McManus Media personality. Personal life, career and other info
- Sam Worthington Actor. Brief biography, filmography
- Shirley Strickland Athlete. Biography, Olympian, political career and other info
- Stan Lazaridis Football (soccer) player. Brief biography, club career and other info
- Taj Burrow Surfer. Brief biography
- Tim Rogers Musician & Songwriter, You Am I. History, movie, TV and media, controversy, sport and other info
- Tim Winton Novelist & short story writer. Life, literary career, environmental advocacy, bibliography and other info
Societies, Associations, Clubs
- The Ancient Egypt Society of Western Australia To bring together people fascinated by the culture, mythology and daily life of the Ancient Egyptians
- Australia-Britain Society ( WA Branch) To encourage and strengthen the numerous links that include history, language, literature, culture, education and sport
- Canadian Club of Western Australia Events, news, social calendar....
- Cornish Association of WA A celebration of Cornish culture, food and other Cornish delights
- Hellenic Community of Western Australia Maintaining elements of Hellenism in this State
- Muslim Charity Community of Western Australia To encourage and assist all people in Australia of Islamic beliefs to Integrate into Australian Society
- Sherlock Holmes Society of WA Formed to research and preserve the history of the police service
- Welsh Society of Western Australia Photos, stories (especially biographies) and general items of interest
- Western Australia Police Historical Society To provide an enjoyable social atmosphere for members
- Writing WA To foster literary talent and achievement, develop markets for Western Australian writing
- Catholic Archdiocese of Perth Agencies, organisations and parishes
* Sport & Hobbies
- Curtin University of Technology Teaching and Learning, Research and Development
- Edith Cowan University A multi-campus University. Courses are offered from undergraduate to doctorate level
- Murdoch University To extend knowledge, stimulate learning, and promote understanding, for the benefit of the community
- University of Notre Dame Australia A university committed to the advancement of learning, knowledge and the professions
- University of Western Australia Provides a learning environment that stimulates both creativity and innovation
Schools & Colleges
- Aboriginal Independent Community Schools Indigenous Australians have always valued education as a vital element in the process of social reproduction
- Al-Hidayah Islamic School Moral and academic excellence in a caring environment
- Australian Islamic College Has a strong commitment to the holistic development of the student
- C.Y. O'Connor College of TAFE Post-school, vocational training and educational needs of the Wheat Belt region
- Challenger TAFE 11 industry training centres that provide training and are closely aligned to the needs of industry
- Schools of Isolated and Distance Education Educational services to isolated students,teachers, parents....
- TAFE International WA Provides training that is recognised around the world
- TAFE WA Consists of 10 colleges with 50 campuses throughout Western Australia
Other Schools, Training (Technical & Acadamic)
- Alexander Education Group Education programs range from pre-university foundation, university level diplomas, English language and Secondary education
- Australian Opera Studio Information about The Studio, Artists and Tutors, Performers and annual activities - Midland
- Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management Its courses equip men and women for the demands of the industry
- Computer TV Setting the standard in software and technical training using interactive Video and CD-Rom learning systems
- Paramount College of Natual Medicine Study of Massage, Naturopathy and Homoeopathy plus more
- Perth Academy of Science Specialising in the mathematical and physical sciences
- Perth Institute of Business and Technology Helps you get a head-start in tertiary education
- Phoenix English Language Academy Learn English in perth
- WA Academy of Performing Arts Provides a centre of excellence for the education and training of talented individuals
- Western Australian Aviation College The only Flight Training Organisation holding approval to conduct European (JAR) Flight training in Australia
- Western Australian General Practice Education and Training Ltd Delivers unlimited lifestyle and career opportunities for doctors
Associations, Centers & Unions
- Affiliation of Professional Education Associations An umbrella body of some 60 + associations of professional educators within Western Australia
- Anglican Schools Commission Establish and support low fee paying Anglican systemic schools which provide education, make provisions for students with special needs....
- Association of Independent Schools of WA To support, represent and promote the interests of Independent Schools
- Australian Centre for Advanced Studies Training organisation with its own accredited Graduate Diploma in cross-cultural studies at various member colleges and branches
- Catholic Education Office of WA To foster the development and improvement of Catholic schools
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching Supporting the professional growth of teachers across WA
- Educational Computing Association of WA Connect - Communicate - Co-operate
- Mathematical Association of WA Enhancing Mathematics Teaching and Learning in WA
- Parents and Friends' Federation of WA Representing Parents of Children in Catholic Schools in W.A.
- Science Teachers' Association of WA Providing leadership in science education
- State School Teachers' Union 2 SSTUWA supports and represents educators in State Government Schools and Colleges
- Telethon Speech and Hearing Centre Helps speech delayed and hearing-impaired children of Western Australia learn to listen and speak
- University of Western Australia Student Guild Everything your degree isn't....
- Western Australian College of Teaching An independent professional body representing all members of the WA teaching profession
- Western Australian Primary Principals Association Discover more about our services, programs, up coming events and membership details
Resources & Incentives - Teachers, Students & Parents
- AISWA LearningNet To enable teachers, students and their parents access to their own portal and their school's on-line learning environmen
- Career Education Association of WA Information and Resources for Teachers, Students and Parents
- Drama Education Assist anyone who wants to use Drama as a teaching strategy ....
- Edsite WA Provides easily accessible information concerning education in WA
- Education Department of WA Information about students, staff, schools, educational and other services
- Fairbridge WA Public Benevolent Institution committed to teachin young people what it means to care for the earth
- Library and Information Service of WA Catalogues and Indexes, Collections, LisKidz, Western Stories....
- Online Teachers' Resource Network - Mathematics site Aims to provide resources to support teachers and schools
- Perth Education City Represents and promotes Western Australia's internationally recognised education sector
- Perth Observatory To ensure access for school students and teachers to up-to-date astronomical information
- Petroleum Club of WA Schools Information Program
- Schools Animals Ethics Planning Committee Guidelines for the care and use of animals in Western Australian schools and agricultural and TAFEWA colleges
Research & Projects
- Culture & Communication Reading Room Culture, Media, Publications & Seminars from Murdoch University
- Curriculum Council of WA To set curriculum policy directions for kindergarten to year 12 schooling in WA
- Economic Research & Development - ERAweb High quality research and information that is accessable to a student or researcher of economics
- Handbook of WA Aboriginal languages, south of the Kimberley Aboriginal languages of southern WA
- Technology Park, WA To encourage and assist those organizations engaged in a high level of research and development....
- Worm Shed An Eco Education Centre, catering primarily for students which demonstrates simple recycling methods using WORMS
* Sport & Hobbies
Hospitals, Medical Insurance, Treatments, Trauma Help.... Also see Societies & Charities
- Fremantle Hospital and Health Service A 24 hour acute-care public teaching hospital
- Royal Perth Hospital Provides comprehensive specialised services
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Excellence in patient care, teaching and research....
- St John of God Health Care Not for profit providers of health care. Hospitals in many WA towns and cities....
- Women's and Children's Health Service Incorporating: King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women & Princess Margaret Hospital for Children
- Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia (AHCWA) Multi-functional primary health care delivery services controlled by the Aboriginal people
- Activ Foundation Providing support services for people with intellectual disability and their families....
- Alcoholics Anonymous Primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety
- Alzheimer's Australia WA Support group for people with dementia and their carers
- ARAFMI Mental Health Carers & Friends Association Supporting families and friends of people with a mental health issue
- Arthritis Foundation of WA What is Arthritis? What can be done? Services provided. Facts on Arthritis....
- Asthma Foundation of WA Information about Asthma, Equipment, Teenage Information, Research Grants....
- Australian Medical Association AMA (WA) Provides representation to its members and acts as an advocate for members on a range of medical issues....
- Australian Huntington Disease Association - WA Support and education for people with Huntington disease, their families and carers
- Cancer Council WA Cancer information. A wide range of services and products....
- Cancer Support Association WA Providing choices, hope, education and emotional support
- Compassionate Friends of WA An international organization offering friendship and hope to bereaved parents
- Department of Health Aim is to manage a comprehensive range of health and health-related services
- Disability Services Commission To make a positive difference to the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers....
- Down Syndrome Association of WA Working together for a better future for people with Down syndrome and their families....
- Family Planning Association of WA A provider of specialist services in sexual and reproductive health....
- Fremantle Heart Patients Support Group Dedicated to the care and wellbeing of heart patients
- Hospital Benefit Fund of WA - HBF WA's largest private health insurer. With a wide range of services available
- Independent Living Centre of WA Provides resources for people with disabilities, their advocates, carers and service providers....
- Injury Control Council of WA Involved in a number of injury prevention and control activities ....
- Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Council A health resource body sharing pooled resources and collective effort in the region....
- Kimberley Division of General Practice Health Services Directory
- Lifeline WA Where a family or individual is "hurting' and in need of support
- Mentally Healthy Western Australia Act-Belong-Commit to improve individual resilience and community cohesion
- Parkinson Association of WA To promote awareness of Parkinson's Disease among health professionals and the community
- People With Disabilities (WA) Advocates for the rights and equity of people with a disability - physical, intellectual, psychiatric and sensory....
- Red Cross WA news, services and events
- Role Models WA Convey specific health information and demonstrate healthy lifestyle decisions and stress the importance of a good education
- Royal Perth Hospital WA's premier teaching hospital - a longstanding tradition of excellence in service
- St. John Ambulance in WA A unique organization caring for people
- WA Divisions of General Practice To facilitate the retrieval of information relevant to medical practitioners....
- WA Retinitis Pigmentosa Foundation Fighting Blindness....
- Wasley Institute Offering counselling and psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families
- WestCare Inc. To enhance the lives of people with disabilities while maintaining a concern for the control of tuberculosis
* Sport & Hobbies
Radio & TV
- 6PR - Perth Talking Perth, Live radio, Station info, Personalities, WebCam....
- 88 FM - Perth to Broome Tourist Radio - Travellers information radio
- 92.9 FM - Perth Road runners, surf/ocean reports, hot net stuff, out + about images, community switch, on air, new music, requests....
- 96 FM - Perth Today's best music
- 96.5FM - Geraldton For "Today's Best Music" you've come to the right place
- 98 FM - Geraldton Home of the Batavia Coast's best mix of yesterday and today!
- ABC Western Australia Your gateway to ABC Local Radio in WA
- ABC TV WA TV Guide & Highlights
- Channel 7 Perth Entertainment - TV guide, Kids, Sport, Travel....
- Channel 9 MSN TV Guide & Highlights
- Channel 10 TV Guide & Highlights....
- Channel 31 - Community Television Perth Your Voice -Your Vision
- FoxTel Guide & Highlights
- Golden West Network - GWN TV Guide & Highlights
- Hot FM Radio stations in SW of WA. On air, hot stuff, hot shots, events, requests....
- Local FM Network Broome FM, Carnarvon FM, Karratha FM, Port Hedland FM
- Mix 94.5 FM Breaking news, Perth weather, events, contests, requests, music panel, interactive....
- Radio West Radio networks based in the City of Bunbury covering SW of WA. Stations, what's on....
- SBS TV & Radio A national multicultural and multilingual broadcaster
- Sofcom TV Guide WA Online Television Guide - Free to air, Foxtel, Optus....
- Western Tourist Radio A range of travel information for tourists in the south west of WA....
Online Magazines & Newspapers
- Business News WA's Largest Independent Business Newspaper
- Greener Times The Official Newsletter of the Conservation Council of WA
- Perth Bride Magazine The complete wedding guide
- Perth News Daily News includes sport & business
- Popstar Zine "Perth's best internet music magazine"
- POST Newspapers Online The Post is the Western Suburbs most cost effective and best read local newspaper
- Scoop Online WA's premier lifestyle magazine - Fashion, leisure, food, wine, travel, arts, sports and events
- Sunday Times Local & National News
- The West Australian WA Daily Newspaper .Latest local news
- X-Press Magazine Weekly mix of music, fashion, movies, the arts and culture
* Sport & Hobbies
Government & Organisations
- Government of Western Australia
The Premier, News, Events & Tourism, Business, Community, Youth, Info....
- Agriculture WA To maximise agri-industries contribution to WA's sustainable development
- Department of Training and Employment Promotes employment, vocational education and training opportunities
- Education Department of WA Information about students, staff, schools, educational and services provided
- Lotterywest Games and unique community funding role - includes results
- Water & Rivers Commission To protect and manage WA's water resources, including wetlands, rivers, estuaries
- Western Australian Government Agency & Department Sites Worth the visit (Some are listed in this page)
- CSIRO Division of Minerals - Perth Strives to find the best solutions for minerals problems in Australia's best interests
- CSIRO Land and Water Perth Laboratory Science services in research on soil, water & atmospheric processes
- Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) To assist talented athletes to pursue excellence in sport
- Cane Toad Battle Active control and management initiatives before cane toads reach WA borders
- Community Waste Education Program R-Gang - Resource Recovery Project
- Conservation Council of WA An advocate for a sustainable society in WA and for the protection of the State's wildlife and natural areas
- Conservation and Land Management (CALM) Responsible for conserving native plants and animals
- Department of Environment Protection of the environment is our highest priority
- Environs Kimberley People who wish to protect the environmental and cultural integrity of the Kimberley region
- Environmental Defender’s Office Advice, education, representation and opportunity to participate in reform of laws affecting the environment
- Environmental Weeds Action Network (EWAN) A community initiative to tackle the problem of environmental weeds in bushland and waterways
- Landcorp Commercially focused land and project development agency
- Mindarie Regional Council Providing efficient and environmentally sound waste management
- Plant Protection Society of WA An interest in all aspects of plant protection and check
Western Weeds Identify weeds
- Rangelands Sustainable use of bush, rivers, coasts and marine environments for social, economic and environmental well being
- River Guardians Help protect and restore the Swan and Canning rivers and their foreshores
- Waste Wise WA Waste minimisation and recycling
- WasteNet A valuable online resource for anyone interested in Waste, contains information that ranges from the very broad to the highly specific
- The Wilderness Society - Western Australian Campaign Centre Protecting, promoting and restoring wilderness and natural processes across WA
- Zero Waste Review and advise on available and new technologies in the Waste Industry
Policing, Security & Safety
- Crime Prevention Local Government and the community to prevent and reduce crime
- Fire and Emergency Services Authority (FESA) To assist the community to cope with natural or man made emergencies
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention Occupational safety and health training and consulting organisation
- Police Service, WA Create a safer and more secure WA
- Safety House Program An organised preventative method of protecting children
- SES Volunteers Association of WA To ensure a more stable position for the State Emergency Service members
- Volunteering WA Connecting the community - Services and Resources
- WA Farmers Commodity Marketing, Promotion & Trade
- Pastoralists and Graziers Association of WA Represents primary producers of wool, grain and meat & livestock
- Royal Agricultural Society Of Western Australia Promote the significance of rural Western Australia and the state's primary industries
- Urban Development Institute of Western Australia Industry body representing all stakeholders in the urban development process;
Transport & Utilities.... Also see Travel for airports and charters
- Bunbury Port Authority Shipping Movements information
- BFuel Watch WA Fuel Prices
- Geraldton Port Authority Shipping Movements and Geraldton information
- New Metro Rail It will effectively double Transperth’s rail network by 2006
- Port of Broome Servicing Western Australia's Kimberley region
- Port Hedland Port Authority Shipping Movements and marine information
- Royal Automobile Club of WA Inc. (RAC) The Group offers a wide range of motoring and allied services
- TransWA Making the connection to reginal areas.
- Water Corporation Experience in providing water services to urban, rural and remote communities
- Western Power Principal Supplier of Energy Solutions in WA
Societies, Associations,, Action Groups & Charities
- Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia ALSWA is the largest community based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander legal organization in Australia
- Association for the Blind of WA To maximise the quality of life for Western Australians with vision impairment
- Australian Institute of Urban Studies Western Australia Division Generating debate and lobbying government on key issues affecting our urban environment.
- Baptist Churches of Western Australia A movement of more than a hundred congregations
- Outback Heritage Horse Association of Western Australia A DGR Charity, involved in locating, researching and then rescuing or relocating if necessary
- Parents Without Partners WA Offers an environment for support, friendship and the exchange of parenting techniques
- RSPCA in WA The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Scripture Union Western Australian Running camping and mission programs for young people and children
- Social Responsibilities Commission A Christian context for the research and analysis of social issues
- WA Council of Social Service (WACOSS) To improve the quality of life of people disadvantaged by the inequities of society ....
- WA Local Government Association Provides policy, advocacy and lobbying support as well as a range of services to its members.
- Western Australian Community Foundation To support and strengthen WA communities by distributing endowed funds and sharing of knowledge to meet emerging needs
- Women’s Refuge Group Providing a voice on domestic and family violence issues
- Youth Affairs Council Of WA Focussed on improving the quality of life for young people in WA
Other Societies, Organisations, Associations, Clubs
- Amateur Radio in Western Australia Speak with Everyone Scouts-Guides-Students-Doctors-Nurses-Bankers & Kings
- Australian Association of Architectural Illustrators Members are not simply artists but architects, designers, builders, developers and Interior designers
- Astronomy WA Western Australia's Astronomy & Space Science Community
- Astronomical Society of Western Australia - ASWA Open to Membership from all over the state, the country, the world, or even the Universe
- Bridge Association of Western Australia Information, events, results, calendar, masterpoints, clubs, archives....
- Farmsafe WA Alliance Members are farmers, community organisations and individuals who promote awareness and education of farm safety
- Perth PC Users Group of WA Comprises of people from all walks of life, with a broad range of computer skills
- Royal Australian Air Force Association-WA Division Support Australian Aviation ex-servicemen and women
- WA Internet Association To represent the Internet community during the formation of new laws surrounding the medium
- WA VHF Group Provide a centre of information, instruction and advice on all matters pertaining to VHF radiocommunication and experimentation
- West Australian Repeater Group Design, construction, maintenance, financing and licensing of repeaters
- Western Australian Speleological Group A very active caving club in Australia
* Sport & Hobbies
Metropolitan Perth Home
* North West
* South East
Regional Western Australia Home
* Great Southern
* Metropolitan Perth
* South East
* South West
Western Australia, Land & People Home
* About WA
* Sports & Hobbies
* Special Links
Please link to this page.
For comments or to add your website
Names, pictures and logos are the copyright of their respective owners.
(C)Copyright 1997-2015 Mazen Hejleh. All rights reserved.