Lords of Magic: Special Edition 3.02 Unofficial Patch Modification
This modification requires an installation of Lords of Magic: Special Edition patched to version 3.01. Uninstall any previous versions of this modification before installing a new version.
1. Go to your Lords of Magic: Special Edition install directory and back up gs.mpq and pic.mpq.
2. Extract lomse302_0014.3.rar to your Lords of Magic: Special Edition install directory, overwriting if prompted.
3. Optional Graphics (advanced users only): For users of WinMPQ, load <LoM:SE installation directory>\pic.mpq; in a Windows Explorer window, navigate to the <LoM:SE installation directory>\pic directory, then drag-and-drop the entire contents of the directory (not the directory itself) into the WinMPQ window; click OK without typing anything in the dialog box that is subsequently shown.
4. Run Lords of Magic: Special Edition.
1. Delete the following files and directories: gs.mpq, pic.mpq, lomse302.htm, settings.cfg and pic directory.
2. Restore the backups you made of gs.mpq and pic.mpq.
WARNING! This modification cannot be used in conjunction with any other modification, such as ManTerA’s GS5 modification.
The Lords of Magic: Special Edition 3.02 Unofficial Patch Modification aims to fix the issues that remain within version 3.01 of Lords of Magic: Special Edition. At the same time, it introduces new features that greatly enhance the game’s functionality as well as user control. Unless erroneous, core gameplay elements (e.g. units, artifacts, faiths, buildings, spells) are, and will not be, altered by this modification.
BUILD 0014.3 (11 December 2007)
BUILD 0014.2 (7 June 2007)
BUILD 0014.1 (12 March 2007)
BUILD 0014 (11 March 2007)
The first release of this modification introduces the following enhancements.
This modification was developed solely by Ascension64. Direct comments, queries, suggestions, and troubleshooting to the Imperials United LOMSE Modding forum (http://impz.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=lomsemodding).
Thanks go to:
USE THIS MODIFICATION AT YOUR OWN RISK! The authors will not be held responsible for any damage caused to Lords of Magic: Special Edition or the computer as a result of the downloading or installation of this package. Support may be given to you in case of problems at the Imperials United forum (http://impz.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=lomsemodding) but note that you might not always be given assistance with any troubles that you have, although the best effort will be put in to troubleshooting bugs.
This is a community modification, created for free and as a hobby, and you are welcome to distribute among your peers as much as you like. However, please credit the authors of the modification if you intend to build your modifications using this modification as a base, or use any part of the modification as a template to create part/all of a modification that you intent to release to the community. You may not take any part of, or all of, this package and redistribute it in an altered form under the names of the authors. Also, you may not redistribute the entire package in an altered/unchanged form under your name unless given express permission by the authors of this mod.