At present the ALP states that its objective is:
"The democratic socialisation of industry, production, distribution and exchange to the extent necessary to eliminate exploitation and other anti-social features in those fields in accordance with the principles of action, methods and progressive reforms set out in these Rules and in the ACT Branch Platform."
This is a blending of the 1922 Socialist objective with the Blackburn Interpretation.
* “The ALP believes that the working of a market economy within an already unequal society will lead, if not corrected, to continually increasing inequality. The ALP seeks a fairer society by working to reduce unjust inequalities.
* The ALP believes that the defence of poor and disadvantaged people requires collective action through trade unions and other organisations, and political action.
* The ALP seeks to uphold human rights and to combat unjust discrimination on the basis of race, gender, sexual preference, religion, etc.
* The ALP seeks increased prosperity, shared equitably throughout the whole community.
* The ALP supports concern for the environment, believing that human activity may impose burdens that natural systems cannot sustain.”
See also here.