Morawa Museum banner

WORLD WINDMILL COMPANIES

Argentina / Bolivia / Brazil / Canada / Cape Verde Islands / China / Colombia / Denmark
Egypt / Finland / France / Germany / Ghana / Great Britain / Guatamala / India
Indonesia / Ireland / Italy / Kenya / Mexico / Morocco / Mozambique Netherlands
Nigeria / Pakistan / Peru / Philippines / Senegal / South Africa / Spain / Sri Lanka
Thailand / Tunisia / Turkey / USSR / Zimbabwe

ARGENTINA

BASSLER -GUENACO
    Manufacturer in Rosario. By 1990 they were no longer building a windmill of their own. They appear to have sold FLINT & WALLING, STAR mills, bearing their name.
FAIMBERG & CIA S.R. LTD
    Buenos Aires manufacturer.
F.I.A.S.A. - FAB
    Factory in Bragado. In 1990 they were turning out about 13,000 to 14,000 windmills a year.
FERROLIT
    Buenos Aires manufacturer.
ISTILART, Juan B.
    Buenos Aires manufacturer. Apears to have commenced large scale manufacture in 1937.
JUSTO BROS
    Buenos Aires manufacturer.
LANOS ROLAND COMPANY
MACADAM, J. F. & Co
    One time importer of the STOVER MANUFACTURING Co windmills.
SAGLIO, J. A.
    Buenos Aires manufacturer. TOP

BOLIVIA

CIPER
    In 1993 they were producing a windmill based on the TOOL 12-PU-350.
SEMTA
    In 1993 they were producing a windmill based on the 12-PU-500.
TOP

BRAZIL

CANTAVENTOS KENYA LTD
    In production in 1993. Address = Rodovia RS 130, Km 14, Encantado-RS, Brazil. TOP

CANADA

DELTX WINDPUMP CORPORATION
    Of 300, 1550 - 8th Street, S.W. Calgary, Alberta.
GOOLD SHAPLEY & MUIR COMPANY
    Of Brantford, Ontario. Established in 1892 by E. L. Goold, W. H. Shapley, John Muir and Henry Heigh. The company ceased in the mid 1930's and the windmill production side of their business was continued by Beatty Brothers Ltd of Fergus, Ontario.
MASSEY ENTERPRISES
    Of P.O. Box 1299, RR No.1- Springpoint Rd, Fort MacLeod, Alberta. Produced a wind driven air compressor for water pumping. No date.
TOP

CAPE VERDE ISLANDS

A. MATOS
    Of Ribera De Calhau, Sao Vicente. Produced 2.2 and 2.8 metre windmills. By 1999 about 100 were known to have been manufactured. They appear to be oil-bath designs.
TOP

CHINA

    In 1993 it was reported that the 'Chinese Wind Energy Development centre' [CWEDC] was undertaking windmill development in conjunction with 'The Chinese Academy of Agricultural Mechanisation Sciences' [CAAMS], various academic institutions and the Xinghua Tractor Factory.
IRON MAN WINDMILL CO. LTD
    A division of International Windmill Corp., a wholly American owned and operated company located at 41# Jiefang Ave, Wuhan, Hubei, China 430035. CEO in 2005 is Tom Conlon.
    Tom Conlon first began working with Aermotor Windmills in the desert of Southern California in 1969. In 1970, he started Aero Power Systems, a manufacturer of wind powered electric plants. The following year, he started GWW Co. (Great Western Windmill Co.) which distributed Dempster and Aermotor windmills in the western United States. GWW Co. was an education intensive business which placed strong emphasis on dealer development, system design, installation and service training.
    In 1982, Mr Conlon retired, sold his interest in these businesses and went to work for the University of Hawaii designing and building Scientific Instruments. It was this work that brought him to China in January of 2001, when he was sent there to assist in the installation of a particle detector that he had built at the U of H. Upon completion of his work, he had some time to spent traveling across China by train. It was on this train that he saw many farmers lifting water by hand with crude equipment. Tom made many inquiries and found that wind power was not being used to assist with this work and that there were no factories in China producing windmills. He decided then to return to China and give serious consideration to the establishment of a business for the production of traditional American style Farm Windmills, which have a long history of successful operation.
    Tom spent one year traveling in China meeting with Government officials and private business people and finally decided to start a wholly owned private enterprise to achieve his objective in Central China. Work began in a rented factory by manufacturing replacement parts for the 702 windmill, a very common mill in America. Eventually, production began of the 20ft 702, which had last been produced in Chicago in 1960. This is the largest and most powerful of the 702 series, capable of successfully pumping water as high as 1200ft.
    Currently, the company is producing 3 sizes of the 702 windmill and will soon have all sizes in production. These windmills are identical to the traditional American farm windmill as was made in Chicago until 1960. All parts are identical and completely interchangeable. The large 20ft 702 windmills are achieving popularity for providing rural villages with a dependable supply of water. The windmills are marketed under the name "Iron Man Windmill."
website TOP

COLUMBIA

GAVIATOS LAS
JOBER INDUSTRIES LTD
    Address in 2006 is Jober Industries, Street 20 No. 30 82 Duitama - Boyaca, Colombia, South America. Tel. 57 8 7603887. website TOP

DENMARK

AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY COMPANY LTD
   Copenhagen firm.
B J - STEEL
   Operational in 1993. Address Kaerbyvej 3, 8832 Skals, Denmark.
NM ELECTRO
    Existed in 1983. Address = Fruevej 80, DK-7900, Nykobing Mors, Denmark.
POWER MILLS
    Existed in 1993. Address = Toftegaardsjej 32, DK-9900, Friederikshavn, Denmark.
SPARCO
TOP

EGYPT

EGYPTIAN SOLAR ENERGY SOCIETY
    A non profit organisation at 45 Shehab Street, El Mohandessin, Egypt c1995. TOP

FINLAND

TOP

FRANCE

BOLLEE FAMILY
    A family in Le Mans and Orleans. Ernest Sylvain BOLLEE patented a windmill which apparently proved to be unworkable. However in 1872 a new model was erected at Orleans. This design did away with the use of a wind vane and replaced it with a small wind wheel placed in front of the main wheel. The two part wind wheel uses sheet iron blades.The wind passes through a fixed set of blades to a revolving set immediately behind. The drive is taken from the second set to the ground. Auguste, Ernest's third son took out a further patent in 1885 based on the Orleans windmill. The head is placed on a single hollow cast iron column with wire stays and a circular staircase around this. Original wheel sizes were 2.5, 3.5 and 5 metres. On Ernest's death the windmill passed to Auguste who sold it to E. LEBERT of Les Mans.
ESTABLISSMENTS DES AEROMOTEURS "CYCLONE"
    Company at Margny Les Compiegne, which made a number of models. They made windmills with wind wheels from 2 to 12 metres.
ETS BRUNO
    Laval based company.
ETS DE HERMENEAU
    Existed in 1993. 32 Rue Marcellin-Berthelot, Z.I des Touches, 53000 Laval. (would appear to be connected to ETS BRUNO).
ETS PONCELET AND CIEW
    Based in Plancy - L'Abbaye.
HUMBOLT, Henri
    Company based in Coussey.
LEBERT, E.
    Purchased the windmill interests of Auguste BOLLEE. He introduced a conventional tower although both types remained available. In 1985, 19 examples were known to exist of the BOLLEE type mill. [One in England].
PONCELOT ET CIE
    Existed in 1993. Address = Place de Victoire,   10380 Plancey l'Abbaye, BP 12, France. Probably = ETS PONCELOT AND CIEW. TOP

GERMANY

BRAUNS, Rudolf
    Dresden manufacturer.
HERZOG, G. R.
KOSTER
    A Holstein company, which appears to have ceased production in the 1960's.
KUNZ
    This may have been the name of the windmill rather than the manufacturer. It appears to be similar to TYPE 1 of the REINSCH windmills.
REINSCH, Carl
    Dresden company which appears to have been a major manufacturer from the 1880's into at least the first decade of the twentieth century.
VEREINIGTEN WINDTURBINENWERK
    Appears to have superseded RUDOLF BRAUN as the manufacturer of the HERCULES windmill.
WINDPUMPEN-ZENTRALE
TOP

GHANA

DARKATA ENGINEERING SERVICES
    Trade Fair Site, Accra. TOP

GREAT BRITAIN

ABACHEM LTD
   This company started in 1981 as a manufacturer of abattoir equipment. Originally at Northern Road, Newark, Notts before moving to Jesop Way in 1986. [The previous addresses may be incorrect as the Northern Road address is noted in a 1993 publication] They attended Wakes & Lambs clearing sale in 1985 and there picked up equipment and some of the other companies former employees. Shortly after they began servicing the existing Newark windmills and were manufacturing new units by 1986.
BURGESS, GRAHAM WINDPUMPS
   Previous name of GB WINDPUMPS. Their address under this name was 22 Innox Hill, Frome, Somerset. As GB in 2000 they offered the 3.5 and 5 metre model. Address as GRAHAM BURGESS is 24 Cresswell Avenue, Taunton, Somerset. Sole UK manufacturers of the Poldaw windpump c1997. Address c2002 as GB was Willowbrook, Kilmington, Axminster, Devon.
CANADIAN IMPERIAL WINDMILL SYNDICATE
    London firm which manufactured the Canadian 'Goold, Shapley & Muir', 'Canadian Imperial' windmill under licence from 1903 to 1904.
CLARK & STEINMETS
    A Bedford manufacturer. C.F.Bamford, of Bedford, England, exhibited a 12 foot model of theirs, at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials.
DICKEY
    Manufacturer in East Kilbride, Lanarkshire. The principal was William Wilson DICKIE. Company said to have existed for about 100 years. Still a big employer in 1947.
GB WINDPUMPS
   The company was formerly known as Graham Burgess Windpumps and then GB Windpumps while it was being operated by Graham Burgess. Graham sold the company to Thorne Marketing Services Ltd in October 2002. The company continues to run as GB Windpumps supplying the Poldaw range of Windpumps.
GB Windpumps is the sole UK manufacturers of this type of Windpump in the UK. They supply 3.5 metre units, 5.0 metre units and now 1.8 metre units. The 100mm stroke is only on the 3.5 metre unit. The 5.0 metre unit has a 200mm stroke and the 1.8 metre unit has a 40mm stroke. Their address in 2006 is Willowbrook, The Street, Kilmington, Axminster, Devon, EX 13 7SH Tel. 01297 631672 . website
GODWIN, H. J. LTD
    Of Coln St., Aldwyn, Quenington, Gloucester. Established circa 1877.
GRAHAM BURGESS WINDPUMPS
   - see - Burgess, Graham Windpumps
   - see - GB Windpumps
INTERMEDIATE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT GROUP
    This group initiated the project which led to the IT windmill. In 1977 they began collaborating with 6 non governmental organisations in developing countries, with an interest in manufacturing direct action windmills. These organisations were 'The Rural Industries Innovation Centre' in Botswana, 'Bobs Harries Engineering Ltd' in Kenya, 'Merin Ltd' in Pakistan, 'Voltas Ltd' in India, 'The National Research Centre' in Egypt and a multi-national oil company in Oman. By 1979 five of these had begun manufacture. In 1981 an associate company, IT Power, took over the project.
IT POWER
    Took over the windmill project for developing countries from the Intermediate Technology Development Group in 1981. Contracted by the 'UK Overseas Development Administration'[ODA] to finalise the design of 6 and 7.5 Metre wind wheels. In 1990, due to demand for smaller windmills, It Power began development work and installed a 3 metre prototype in 1993.
JOHN WARNER & SONS LTD
    Address in 1896/7, given as 27 Jewin Crescent, Cripplegate, London.
KINGDOM & COMPANY
    London firm which manufactured the Canadian 'Goold, Shapley & Muir', 'Canadian Imperial' windmill under licence from 1913 to at least 1915.
McBAIN, John & SON
    Engineering works of Chirnside, Berwickshire, Scotland. In existence for over 80 years. They exhibited a 12 foot model of theirs, at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials. It had steel fittings.
McLELLAN, P. & W.
    Scottish manufacturer from Glasgow. Clutha Iron Works. They exhibited a 18 foot Clutha windmill, at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials.
MID WALES WELDED PRODUCTIONS LTD
    Of Westgate Street, Llanidloes, Powys, Wales. Existed in 1993.
NEALE CONSULTING ENGINEERS LTD
    Appears to have also been known as T. A. POLAK, NEALE CONSULTING ENGINEERS LTD. Address in 2006 is Highfield, Pilcot Hill, Dogmersfield, Hants. Designers of the Poldaw Windpump. They didn't manufacture the mill themselves but licensed its manufacture to various world wide entities. In the UK they are made by (formerly)Graham Burgess Pumps, now GB Windpumps. Available in 3.5 and 5 metre versions. website
PEMBROKESHIRE ENGINEERING SERVICES LTD
    This company situated at Haversford West, Pembrokeshire, ceased windmill production in 1981.
PICKING - HOPKINS
    Unusual design windmill of which little is known.
POLAK, T.A., NEALE CONSULTING ENGINEERS LTD
    - See - NEALE CONSULTING ENGINEERS.
RICKMAN & COMPANY
    London firm which manufactured the Canadian 'Goold, Shapley & Muir', 'Canadian Imperial' windmill under licence from 1904 to 1913.
ROBERTS, E. & H. LTD
    In 1903 they were at Stony Stratford, Buckinghamshire, England. Imported the Decorah windmill from the US before manufacturing their own design.
ROLLASON WINDMOTOR COMPANY
    One of their 16 foot models was exhibited, at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials. Vertical axis windmill with 6 blades.
RUSSELL & COMPANY
    They exhibited a 10 foot model, at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials.
SANDERSON, H. P. & COMPANY
    Of Bedford, England. They exhibited a 20 foot open back geared model, and a 16 foot rotary drive vertical axis model at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials.
SYKES, Henry
    Of London. He exhibited a 16 foot direct action model, at the 1903 Royal Agricultural Society of England trials. The wind wheel was tilted back over the tower at about 15 degrees and had 48 narrow blades held with a steel band around the outside. It utilised a side vane governor. The blades were twisted at 37 degrees at the outside of the wheel and 50 degrees on the inside. The tail was hinged at its centre.
TELFORD, GRIER and McKAY
    Glasgow, Scotland firm active in the first few decades of the twentieth century.
THOMAS & SONS
    Of Worcester. Exported to South Africa from about 1904. Appear to have been taken over by STEWARTS & LLOYDS, a South African company in about 1942. The mills were later made (by 1986) by WYATT Bros.
THORNE MARKETING SERVICES LTD.
   - see - GB Windpumps
TITT, John Wallis
    At Warmister, Wiltshire, England in 1903. He was producing windmills by 1887. Operated into the 1920's.
TMS
   - see - Thorne Marketing Services Ltd
WAKES & LAMB LTD
    Founded in Parliament Street, Newark, Notts in 1850 by John WAKES. Sometime later he took his son - in - law, William Henry LAMB into the business and the company became known as Wakes & Lamb. Somewhere between 1897 and 1900 the business shifted to new premises at 64 Millgate, Newark. They produced windmills from at least 1897. Large numbers were exported to Africa etc. In July 1978 the company was sold to TRICOTE Ltd of Gainsborough. The works stayed at the old site in Newark until April 1985. The windmill was still in production at this time and capacity for its continued production was supposed to have been moved to Gainsborough. They however must either have ceased windmill production shortly after or never made them at the new site. The windmill production was taken up by ABACHEM LTD in c1985.
WARNER, JOHN & SONS LTD
   - see - John Warner & Sons Ltd
WEBSTER, Jonas
    Of Bolton, Lancs. Also made a power mill.
WYATT BROS
    Business in Whitchurch, Salop. Took over the manufacture of CLIMAX windmills from 'THOMAS & SON' sometime around or before 1986.
TOP

GUATAMALA

GALDAMAEZ
    At Zacapa. TOP

INDIA

AUREKA
    A workshop of the Auroville international township which is located a few kilometres north of Pondicherry . Founded in 1968. Became interested in windmills in 1972 and produced their first prototype in 1979, which led to the c1998 model the AV55 windmill. Both windmills are mounted on free standing tripod towers made of tube in heights from 9 to 23 metres.
BHEL
    At Rudrapur in 1993. They developed a direct action model.
INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & RURAL TECHNOLOGY
    Formerly known as the ALLHABAD POLYTECHNIC. In 1979, as the Polytechnic, a workshop was inaugurated to improve the design of the 12-PU-500 windmill. The 12-PU-500 was later known as the APOLY 12-PU-500 windmill.
NATIONAL AERONAUTICAL LABORATORY
NEBULAR POWER EQUIPMENTS PTY LTD
    Shree 496/A Kasba Peth, Pune.
NEPC
    Madras. Operating in 1993.
OM ENGINEERING WORKS
    Outside Ganga Cate, Ambaji Road, Anjar, Kachchh. They were operational in 1976.
ORGANISATION OF THE RURAL POOR
    Ghaziapur.
SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENT COMPANY
    Manufacturing in Madras in 1993 with an arrangment with W.D.Moore of Western Australia to manufacture the Yellowtail windmill.
VAIUNTH ENER TEK P. LTD
    Address c1995 2/8 Golden Avenu Ext, Vijajanager, Vellachery, Channai-42, Tamil Nadu India.
WIND FAB
    Operational in Coimbatore in 1993.
WIND MACHINES DIVISION, AUTO SPARES INDUSTRIES
TOP

INDONESIA

    In 1993 mention is made of work carried out in a program managed by the 'National Institute for Aeronautics and Space [LAPAN]. TOP

IRELAND

SOUTHERN STEEL COMPANY
    A product of the Irish free state in Kilkenny. TOP

ITALY

TOZZI & BARDI
TOP

KENYA

BOB HARRIES ENGINEERING
    Manufacturer at Thika.
PWANI
    A small family business which the founder Mr SODHA began in 1972. By 1999 they had produced over 160 windmills. Most of these windmills had 14 foot wind wheels.
TOP

MEXICO

GARZAMOTOR
    Address in 2006 at Porfirio Diaz 411 Norte C.P. 66600 Apodaca, Nueuo Leon Mexico.
MOLINOS DE VIENTO, S.A.
    Apparently founded by USA interests. Top

MOROCCO

CENTRE DE ENERGIES RENOUVELABLES
    In c1993 was co-operating with CWD on the 5.0 metre 'Atlas' windmill.
TOP

MOZAMBIQUE

GAZA PROVINCE AGRICULTURAL DEPARTMENT
    They were manufacturing about 50 units a year of the CWD 2740 windmill design in the early 1990's.
TOP

NETHERLANDS

C W D [CONSULTANCY SERVICES IN WIND ENERGY FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES]
    Developed from SWD in the mid 1980's. They developed a number of small mills to be manufactured by local companies in Cape Verde, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Tunisia and Zambia etc. By the time of the withdrawal of the support of the Dutch Government in July 1990 about 500 mills had been constructed in the various countries.
FA. GEBR. BAKKER
LMW WINDENERGY B.V.
    Existed in 1983. Address = Lijnbaanstraat 1A, 9711 RT, Groningen.
PEIRSHIL
S W D
    Developed in 1975 as a steering committee for windmill use in developing countries. It was funded by the 'Netherlands Ministry for Development Co-operation and was a joint activity of the Eindhoven University of Technology, the Twente University of Technology and DHV consultants. The name changed to 'Consultancy Services in Wind energy for Developing countries' [CWD] in the mid 1980's.
TOP

NIGERIA

ALKATBU TECHNOLOGIES LTD
    No 18 Abu Bakar Tafawea, Balewa Road, Bauchi City, Bauchi State. TOP

PAKISTAN

MERIN (PVT) LTD
    LA/8A, Block 22 Federal B Area, Karachi. Their address c1995 was Dada Chambers, M A Jinnah Rd, Karachi.
UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER
TOP

PERU

FACOGSA S. R. L.
    Active in 1993 at Jr. Horacio Patino 196, Urb Latino, Chiclayo, Peru.
MATTO
TOP

PHILIPPINES

JOVER LIGHT INDUSTRIES
    Run in 1999 by Hector JOVER on the island of Iliolo.
REYMILL STEEL PRODUCTS
    Manufacturer at Sta Rosa. TOP

SENEGAL

LVCA
    Italian company which introduced the Tozzi e Bardi windmill. Hundreds had been produced by 1998. TOP

SOUTH AFRICA

KOSTER, Friedrick
    German import. Manufactured by Friedrick KOSTER in Heide, Holstein.
AERMOTOR
    American import. Some agents were LLOYDS & Company of Burg St, Cape Town who were advertising them by 1896 and Poynton Brothers of Pretoria who were advertising them by 1901. LLOYDS continued as agents until the second world war but after WWII 'P ANDRAG and Sons of Cape Town took over the agency. They sold the agency to 'Kenhardt Koop Vleisproduseerders'.
ANDRAG, P. & SONS
    Of Belville. Agents for many years for Aermotor in the USA.
APEX GROUP
    A group of companies which included President Engineering in the 1980's and handled the ELLISTRAS windmill.
CLOETE, Gert
    Designed by.
CUNNINGHAM & GEARING
    The company started in Cape Town in 1876 as 'Cunningham Gearing general engineering. They operated the Atlas Works. In 1943 they sold their engineering works to Gerrie VAN ZYL and Frederick JAMESON operating as 'Gearing & Jameson Ltd.'.
DU PLESSIS, Louis
    Born in 1896.
ELLIS, Giel
    A South African farmer who developed his windmill about 1979/80.
GEARING
    Of Cape Town. See 'Cunningham & Gearing'.
GEARING & JAMESON LTD
    Bought 'Cunningham & Gearing' out in 1943 but continued to sell windmills until at least 1956.
KALAMAZOO TANK AND SILO COMPANY
LEAD COPPER & IRON WORKS
    Robert KEARNS of 8 Church Square, Cape Town. Advertised a self regulating wind pumping engine in 1861. It was on a 15 foot teak frame.
LEERS H. M.
    Cape Town company which imported the HERCULES windmill from the UK.
L. M. & GATELY ENGINEERING WORKS
    In 1942 Johannes LAMBINON [L] went into partnership with Martin HORNEMANN [M] to create 'L M Engineering Co' of Bloemfontein. This became the 'L M & Gately Engineering Works who improved the design. They claimed to have sold mills into South Africa, West Africa, the Rhodesia's, Kenya, Nigeria, the Congo, Portugese East Africa and even overseas. The company was absorbed by a heavy engineering group and the windmill discontinued.
MALCOMES
    An East London firm which manufactured windmills in their Buffalo Engineering Works in Jacobs, Natal in the 1940's.
MIDKAAP INGENIEURSWERKE
    Of Middleburg.
PRESIDENT ENGINEERING
    Part of the APEX GROUP. Manufacturer at Vereeniging, Transvaal.
SOUTHERN CROSS SOUTH AFRICA
    Has been selling their Southern Cross and some Climax windmills to their distributor in America. O'Brock Windmills, 9435 12th Street, North Benton, Ohio 4449, USA, has been owned and operated by Ken and Sharen O'Brock since 1968. website
SOUTHERN CROSS WINDMILL AND ENGINE COMPANY
    Of Bloemfontein. They started importing SOUTHERN CROSS windmills from Australia in 1939. Local production was phased in from 1951.
SCHOOMEE, Izak Daniel Johannes [1897 - ] and son A [1927 - ]
    Of Vriesfontein in the Middleburg district. Izak invented one of the first South African wind generators. Father and son worked together and created several wind powered machines. One was made of woolsacks on a steel frame. See - MIDKAAP INGENIERSWERKE.
STEWARTS & LLOYDS
    They became agents for the British firm of 'THOMAS & SON' makers of the 'CLIMAX' windmill shortly after World War 1.
TURBEX WIND TURBINES PTY LTD
UNITED STATES WIND ENGINE AND PUMP COMPANY
    American import.
WILLIAMS MANUFACTURING COMPANY
    American import.
TOP

SPAIN

BORNAY, J.
    Address in 2006 03420 at Castalla (Alicante), Espana. website
Mills appear to be Aermotor clones. Available in windwheel sizes 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 ft.
FIGUERDA, J.
    Of Valencia.
MOLINS DE VENT TARRAGO
    Founded and owned by Josep Tarrago Vilarrubi. They made their first windmill in 1983 [the M2609 with a 2.6 metre wind wheel], and in 1984 went into commercial production. In 1990 4 models became available and the company expanded their sales to the other Spanish provinces. In 1995 the company entered the international market. A 10 metre mill was erected in 1997. Address = Raval Santa Anna, 30 - 32, Mont Blanc - Tarragona, Spain. They manufacture one basic design in a series of sizes. M-1806 = 1.8 metres, M-3009 = 3 metres, M-4012 = 4 metres, M-5015 = 5 metres, M-7015 = 7 metres.
TOP

SRI LANKA

TOP

THAILAND

USA INDUSTRIAL FACTORY
    Manufacturer in Bangkok. TOP

TUNISIA

SEN
    Manufacturing in c1993.
Top

TURKEY

    Address = 2131/A Sok. No:6 D.3 Bayrakly/YZMYR. TOP

U.S.S.R.

Top

ZIMBABWE

ANNEVOR SYSTEMS
    This appears to be a later name for HUBERT DAVIES. [c1998] Address c1995 was 61b Prices Avenue, Mount Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe.
DRIEFONTEIN MISSION
    Manufactured in the metal workshop of the mission at Mwuva.[or Mvuma].
HUBERT DAVIES LTD
    12 Highfield Road, Southerton, Harare.
SHEET METAL KRAFT [SMK]
    In 1993 they were manufacturing a 3.6 metre wind wheel with 18 blades. It used ball and roller bearings and a fabricated gearbox.
STEWARTS & LLOYDS
    Manufacturer of windmills in Leopold Takawira St, Harare. TOP