Morawa Museum banner

VICTORIA DISTRICT PASTORAL LEASES

   The Victoria District is an area within Western Australia that encompasses the Shires of Morawa, Irwin, Perenjori, Carnamah, Three Springs etc. The area was first explored by the Gregory brothers in 1846 and the first settlers arrived at the Geraldine lead mines in 1849, followed by the first pastoralists in 1850. Indexing of the maps was done using several different number series and these reference numbers are available on this site.