Elevators 29th of September 2006.

Click me for a big picture! Click me for a big picture! Click me for a big picture! Click me for a big picture!

The hardest part was cutting the 20 degree angle off both skins to make way for the rudder.

I used the snips to cut within about 7mm and then trimmed to 1mm or so.

It worked out fine and I will file the last bit off once I remove the plastic covering.

Then the setting up and endless checking to make sure every thing is square.

Click me for a big picture! Click me for a big picture! Click me for a big picture!

The moment of truth will they fit together? Spot the missing rivet.

I was worried for nothing I ran a single long piece of hinge wire through both hinges at the same time with no binding at all.

31st December 2012 - I FINALLY have my 25 deg up elevator.

After much messing around removing metal from all the places in the way I removed the hinge and moved the elevators in about 3mm (Where they are suposed to be) and at the same time moving them over 2 mm which gives me equal gaps either side. (Where they are suposed to be) This puts the pushrod in the center of the hole in the last former.(Where IT is suposed to be) Now the elevators don,t protrude so far beyond the tips as before. AND I have 25 degrees of up deflection "NIRVANA"

Click me for a big picture! Click me for a big picture!