Updates and Additions
Hot Links to What's New!
Another fascinating update coming soon!
December 4th 2012
- Nothin' much...just reworded some parts of the Nov. 27 update to try and help them make more sense.
November 27th 2012
- I have added a lot of info to the tech page for the Esa 9162/4 (Omega 1250/60), explaining the benefits of the special tuning fork design of this movement.click here.
April 14th 2012
- I am now able to sit at my workbench again, for limited amounts of time, so I can do some Accutron repairs again. If you are interested, click here for more details.
March 24th 2012
- Feeling guilty...so I have posted up the partially completed power supply page.
November 25th 2011
- Phasing page has some minor changes and more important info added. 224 phasing and 2.0v supply still coming.
October 6th 2011
- Some extra info added to the new phasing page (below), and phasing the Accuquartz 224 will be added soon.
September 25th 2011
- Big Update!! At last, all you ever wanted to know about phasing tuning fork watches here. More yet to come soon!
August 13th 2011
- Just to prove I am still alive, I have expanded the page on 230 series Accutrons, find it here, and made a minor correction to the Esa9210 (Omega 1255) page.
February 19th 2010
- Removed page on recalibrating the 700 Test set, possibly another change may need to be made to take some other factors into consideration.
February 7th 2010
- Added and updated page Recalibrating your 700 Test set. Click Here
- Added heading for re-phasing the Accutron index mechanism. Page not completed yet.
November 2nd 2009
- Nothing major, but some added notes on the Accutron index mechanism Click Here.
July 20th 2009
- BIG UPDATE DONE! At last, after doing almost nothing for years, I have gone through the whole website, and added lots of new pics, especially in the tech sections. Also I have rewritten and expanded many areas, too much to list here (if I could remember them, that is!). There was some superfluos (sp?) stuff which is now gone, and more things that should have been there but weren't. That's not to say my job is over though, there is more to add yet, which I will work on in the coming weeks or months. If you see anything stupid I may have done, please email. Sorry to add the Paypal note on the front page, this is why. One other note, to all who sent pics of their watches for the reader's pics page, my apologies for not attending to them. If you want to re-send them, I'll do better this time. Also, I apologize if I didn't answer emails, there were long stretches when I just couldn't do it.
July 10th 2009
- BIG UPDATE COMING! Starting to clean up the whole website, which I have already begun with the home page, not to mention the Omega cal 1300 as below. There are lots of crappy pics that need to be re-shot (a lot of the watch pics were done on a scanner - those were the days digicams were a rare and expensive item), and lots of new info, new pics and rewriting to be done. Though there are lots more flashy ways of doing websites these days, I intend to keep the same boring old format, as it is simple and loads really quick, and has no in-built gimmicks, java scipts, activex controls, cookies, advertising, etc that can cause delays and generally be an annoying nuisance..
June 23nd 2009
- Well I have really outdone myself this time. Only 1 day between updates! The link page as mentioned below is done. If you have an uncontrollable urge to get there asap, the new link page to my other scribblings can be found here,
June 22nd 2009
- It's been a long time, but I have at last finished the page on the Omega Electroquartz f8192Hz, otherwise known as the Omega calibre 1300 or Beta 21. If you want to jump straight to this page, Click Here. BTW, I was a bit optimistic when I wrote in the update below that I had 6 operations. It ended up being 14, and I spent 3 1/2 years in hospital! Wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially myself!
- Changed the link on the front page which points to Timezone's website, back to my own website. Only one problem, I haven't finished the link page yet, but it should be done in about a week.
July 16th 2006
Updates as listed:
- Update on the latest "Accucell" replacement batteries for all Accutrons. Click Here!
- Updates to Accutron Repairer pages.
- Coming Soon! I am working on a new addition to the list of tuning fork watches. Though not strictly speaking a Tuning Fork Watch, I think it shares enough commonality with other tuning fork watches to be considered to be one. I am referring to the Beta 21, most commonly seen in the form of the Omega Electroquartz f8192Hz. As I am still in hospital, (and have been here for 17 months now, and have undergone 6 major back surgeries), it may take a little time to complete as I have not yet taken the photos I need to illustrate it, and won't do until I can go home. Please check back HERE from time to time....
June 16th 2001
Well, it's been a long time coming, but at last I have something new for you!
- A new page added "An Interview with Max Hetzel", the designer of the Bulova Accutron. Click Here!
- Also, I have included a link to a number of watch-related articles I have written in conjunction with Paul Delury. These can be found on the Timezone website (www.timezone.com), in their "features" section. Click Here! to visit.
December 3rd 2000
- Added a links page to other watch-related articles I have written Click Here!
June 12 2000
April 25 2000
- All about double-indexing (running fast or erratically when a new Silver Oxide battery is installed), and more of those battery questions finally answered, including the Truth about Accucells! Click Here!
- Update to the ESA 9162/4 page, including the "myth" about their supposedly short index wheel life explained! Click Here!
April 23 2000
- The Accutron Watch Page is now offering a Watch Repair Service Click Here!
- Readers Pics updated. (If you sent a pic in and it hasn't been posted up, sorry 'bout that- please re-send it. Click Here!
April 21 2000
April 11 2000
April 9 2000
- My Goodness! Has it been that long since I've updated this page!!?? Thanks everyone for you patience, I'll add more soon!
- Repairer's list updated.Click Here!
March 29th 1999
- Oops I forgot...Electrical schematics added for the 224 as well! Click Here!
March 28th 1999
- Electrical schematics added for the 218. Click Here!
- Electrical schematics added for the 244. Click Here!.
- Electrical schematics added for the 9162/4 and 9210. Click Here!
- Electrical schematics added for the Omega 1220. Click Here!
- Also fixed a few html bugs. Please let me know if you find any.
March 9th 1999
March 8th 1999
- Guestbook now working again! My ISP moved the Accutron Watch Page to another server, but forgot to
include the necessary links for the cgi scripts to keep working! So if you have a burning desire to leave a message, then
March 6th 1999
February 27th 1999 (at long last!)
- New page added showing typical Spaceview conversions.Click Here!
November 16th 1998
October 14th 1998
August 20th 1998
- At Last!!! A list of case numbers for Genuine Spaceviews. Click Here!
- Also, a listing of Spaceview Crystal part numbers. Click Here!
July 26th 1998
- Accutron Mystery Watch. Can you identify it?Click here!
July 20th 1998
- Added Omega Cal 1220 to the ID page, and new pic to the 1220 tech page. Click here!
July 10th 1998
- Several minor updates and corrections to various pages.
July 8th 1998
July 4th 1998
- All you ever wanted to know about the 214 Gear Train...but didn't know who to ask! Click here!.
June 3rd 1998
- Update to Spaceview conversion page, plus a Warning on fake white hands, how to detect them.Click here!.
May 23rd 1998
- Updated notes on 214, and section added on 214 Hack system. Click here!.
May 2nd 1998
- Info added on different types of 218 hack systems. Click here!.
April 30th 1998
- Lots of Useless but Interesting info on the Accuquartz 224 added. Click here!.
April 13th 1998
- New section to help identify your model of watch, for those new to Accutrons. Click here.
- New "Wanted to buy" page added. I wish to purchase any non-working tuning fork watches or parts. Click here
March 1st 1998
- New section added on watch battery types and construction. Click here.
21st Feb 1998
- Added Tech info on the f300 Chronograph. Click here.
1st Feb 1998
- Setting instructions for Esa 9162/4 added. Click here.
- Added Technical info for Omega Cal. 1220 (Megasonic). Click Here.
31st Jan 1998
- Section on Setting your Accutron completed. Click here.
29th Jan 1998
- Yet another update on Spaceview conversions. Click here
28th Jan 1998
- Corrections and updates to sections on Spaceviews, Maintenance, History, Index mechanism. Many thanks to Mike Magill for his help and expertise.
24th Jan 1998
- Completed the section on Maintenance and Regulation. Click here
22nd Jan 1998
- Made a start on the page for Maintenance and Regulation of Accutrons. More to come. Click here
- More stuff added on Spaceview conversions. Click here
- Update to battery information. Click here
12th Jan 1998
- Update and add information on the 214 movement. Click here
11th Jan 1998
- Add a What's New section. You are here.
- Add new heading and page on how to tell a "real" spaceview from a conversion. Click here.
- Add new heading and page on Maintenance of Your Accutron. Click here. I will get this page up in a week or so as time permits.
- Add new heading and page on Tips on Setting your Accutron. Click here. Same as above.