Victoria Offline Resources
- Victoria General contact: Association of Relatives and Friends of the Emotionally and Mentally Ill (ARAFEMI)
615 Camberwell Rd
ph.: 889 3733; support line 889 1777
- Mental Health Foundation (Victoria)
Tweedie Place, RICHMOND 3121
Telephone (03) 427 0406 Fax (03) 427 1294
Member of Australian National Association for Mental Health
Victoria Online Resources
- EPPIC - Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre - quot;The Centre is an integrated and comprehensive psychiatric service aimed
at addressing the needs of older adolescents and young adults with
emerging psychotic disorders in the western metropolitan region of
- Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council Inc. (VMIAC) - Based in Melbourne Australia.
- National Network of Adult and Adolescent Children who have a Mentally Ill parents (inc) -- Victoria, Australia non-profit support organisation focusing on those who have taken care of, or lived with, or are currently taking care of or living with, a mentally ill parent.
- Mental Health Research Institute - Online from Melbourne, Australia.
- 'PATS' (Psychiatric Awareness Through Speech) -- In Victoria, this is an outreach preventive therapy program for adolescents who have at least one parent who suffers a major mental illness. This is a small part of a much, much larger site dealing with adolescent health and homelessness.
- NEAMI -- The North Eastern Alliance For The Mentally Ill Inc.
296 High Street
Ph: 9470 6022 Fax: 9470 6516
The North Eastern Alliance for the Mentally Ill (N.E.A.M.I.), is a community managed organisation that provides a range of safe, secure and affordable long-term (12 months or more) supported housing options, to people who have a serious psychiatric disability within the North East Sector of metropolitan Melbourne.Counselors Answer 24 Hours A Day
SANE-Net -- This is going to be a really fine site. It's good now, but there's a vibrancy about the place that is very appealing. Much info and links, media connections, etc.
- Psychiatric Disability Services of Victoria (VICSERV) Inc. -- VICSERV is the peak body for non-government psychiatric disability support services in Victoria. These services include: 1) home-based outreach, 2) psychosocial and prevocational day programs, 3) mutual support/self help, 4) respite care, 5) carer education, 6) advocacy and 7) employment.
- The Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria Incorporated -- This is a superb site with much information on genetic studies and other relevant areas of concern. You will also find a fine service offering advisories on psychotropic drugs which in itself makes this site a must see affair.
- Australian Human Rights and Civil Rights -- This page has been set up by Victor Perton MP to provide reasonable access to papers and
hotlinks relating to human rights. It will focus on Australian issues and matters but also contains a compendium of international links.
- Regional Disability Liaison Unit -- Victoria Australia site with some really helpful information, especially for students with disabilities. You can also find the Disability Discrimination Act of 1992 here. Knowing your rights means greater empowerment, so pay attention to your government's doings.