“Learn Fire Safety with Jamie”
!! Buy Now !!
Fire is dangerous and every year it destroys homes, buildings, our bush and the lives of loved ones. But fires can be prevented.
“Learn Fire Safety with Jamie” is aimed at children from 4 to 10 years of age and has been kept simple for children to identify with Jamie as a child like themselves, to have a clear understanding of the Fire Safety messages, to develop responsible attitudes to fire and learn fire safety skills.
They will have an understanding of the following:
This book will help children become more aware of fire safety in their home and help them survive a fire if one should happen. They will learn how to prevent fires from happening and know what to do in an emergency.
It is up to all of us to become more informed and put an end to needless fires and injuries.
- Realize the consequences of playing with fire
- Know how running increases burning if a person’s clothes are on fire
- Know at least two ways to escape from the house if a fire starts
- Understand the reason for keeping close to the ground when in a smoke filled room
- To dial 000 and understand it is an emergency number
- Have the ability to use the stop, drop, cover and roll safety procedure
- “Crawl low under smoke” safety procedure
- Not to be frightened of the fire fighter in breathing apparatus
- The importance of smoke alarms
- Encourage others to learn and practice fire safety