9th December, 2012|
I forgot to mention around mid 2012 I received a package from my Japanese contact containing the last items that we bought some months/years ago.
The items are Super Dragon Ball Z (System 256 DVD and dongle.... a gift from my Japanese contact) and the 3 Mahjong games mentioned below with * which were purchased by Dyq. They were dumped and added to MAME a while ago.
The other items seen in the pic I bought for my personal collection..... A system 256 Main Unit, a Time Crisis II... purchased faulty as scrap but repaired in a few hours ^_^ and a bonus faulty and free Xexex that took about 5 minutes to repair :-D
A few months back I loaned a very rare Taito Type Zero game from my good buddy Joey. I've just dumped it today and documented the hardware.
Raizing Ping Pong.....
Keep an eye out on Ville's site for emulation progress. He was pretty excited about this one :-)
4th December, 2012
A lack of updates here does not mean I'm doing nothing. If you check MAME development you will notice several games that have been added over the last few months that originated from here. Here's a list of the dumps since the last update....
Wangan Midnight dongle
Hanafuda Hana Gokou Bangaihen
Funcube, Funcube 2, Funcube 3
Mahjong Long Hu Zheng Ba 2 (redump)
Hyper Bishi Bashi 3 Player version (redump)
Mahjong Janshin Plus *
Mahjong Dai Touyouken *
Return Of Sel Jan II *
Nandemo Seal Iinkai
F355 Twin Australian BIOS
Thunder Zone (alt)
Kkot bi Nyu
Kkot bi Nyu Special
and the PLS153's from Narc
Note 'dumped' does not mean 'Added to MAME and emulated'
Very recent dumps include a Yamaha MIDI board used on Keyboard Mania 3rd Mix and others on that hardware and a dump of the PCMCIA card for Gunmania on Konami's System 573.
Now we have something special.
Last year I was sent a Kong Jr. board that turned out to be Donkey King Jr.
After some years(?) hunting we now have the earlier game, Donkey King. The hardware is not your usual crappy bootleg with tons of patch wires on a Galaxian or Pacman or Scramble host board. The game runs on very clean, nice dedicated hardware. It's the same game as Donkey Kong of course but this is a great find! Thanks to Tingoes for never giving up the search for this game.
23rd February, 2012
Things are slow here now due to receiving very few donations over the last couple of years and therefore I'm not actively searching and buying any undumped PCBs. I'm actually pretty busy in my normal day job and with repairing PCBs in my spare time so it's not a problem for me :-)
But all is not dead in Guru-Dumping Land. There's still plenty to do with items that have banked up over the last few years and that keeps me busy and occasionally something new arrives.
The undumped pile just got larger thanks to a member of Team Japump when some nice items arrived from Japan this week.
The items are....
- Taiko no Tatsujin 2 (Namco System 10 ROM board and CD)
- Taiko no Tatsujin 4 (Namco System 10 ROM board and CD)
- Tsukkomi Yousei Gips Nice Tsukkomi (Namco System 10)
- Gahaha Ippatsudou 2 (Namco System 10)
- Funcube (Namco EVA2E PCB)
- Funcube 2 (Namco EVA3_A PCB)
- Funcube 3 (Namco EVA3_A PCB)
- Shakatto Tambourine! Motto NoriNori Shinkyoku Tsuika!! (2K1 SPR)(GD-ROM and security PIC)
unfortunately this is badly scratched and can't be read, so no dump :-(
- Wangan Midnight (Namco System 246 CD and security dongle WMN1 Ver.A)
- Ridge Racer V (Namco System 246 CD and security dongle RRV1 Ver.A)
- Bloody Roar 3 (Namco System 246 CD only)
- Hide and Seek (slot/poker)
- Chara Medal Island Pocket Monsters Sonansu ga Koronda (ROMs only)
- Chara Medal Island Dragon Ball Z Bucchigiri no Tyoukessen (ROMs only)
- Tonton (Success)
- World Station Poker series (x2)
- several NAOMI GDROMs and security PICs (mostly already dumped)
- several Konami securty carts for Konami System 573-based games
- some Konami Firebeat Dallas i-Button security dongles (Pop'n Music 4, Pop'n Music 5)
- some Konami Beatmania II security dongles (beatmania IIDX 5th Style, beatmania IIDX 6th Style)
- one Konami Beatmania III Dallas i-button security dongle (beatmania III Append Core Remix)
Note the CDs for Wangan Midnight, Bloody Roar 3, Taiko no Tatsujin 2 and Taiko no Tatsujin 4 were dumped by Team Japump a few days ago.
In other news it seems my dump of the Playmore/SNK PCB version of Metal Slug 5 dropped through a Guru-crack and into the dumped-but-not-yet-added-to-MAME abyss. I dumped it over a year ago! haha! I'll make sure the MS5 PCB dump is (re)united with MAME soon.
Unfortunately the 'deep, immeasurable, infinite, unfathomable space, gulf, cavity or vast chasm' known as the dumped-but-not-yet-added-to-MAME pile where stuff is stored waiting to be emulated seems to be getting larger but things will hopefully improve in the future.
A while ago I was sent a Konami System 573 PCB containing a no-CD game called 'Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ' GX876 EA. This is the 3 player version previously not available which I dumped recently.
I've also completed the dump of Konami's Drummania 10th Mix Multi-Session although you shouldn't expect to see any of the system 573 multi-session games emulated at a playable level any time soon.
I didn't mentioned it at the time but last year around September I received a Gaelco Smashing Drive PCB. At the same time R.Belmont and I picked up the holy grail of Namco Super System 22 games...... Armadillo Racing. It's not dumped yet but be sure to look for it in a future MAME release :-)