Townsville Recorder Links
Friday 15th July
4:00 pm onwards - arrive, settle in, dinner by own arrangement, socialising.
Saturday 16th July
9.00 am Singing: wake up and warm up with Sr. Valerie Huston.
9.30 am Massed playing session taken by Jessica Shaw.
11.00 am Break for morning tea
11.30 am Small group sessions according to ability levels. The plan is to have recorder groups at four ability levels, and for everyone to have at least one session with Jessica. Other tutors (Malcolm Tattersall, ………..) will take turns to take these sessions. Over the course of the weekend there will be four small group sessions.
1.00 pm Lunch
2.00 pm Small group sessions
3.00 pm Afternoon tea
3.30 pm Small group sessions
4.30 pm Free time
5.45pm Pre-dinner concert or talk TBA
6.30 pm Drinks and pot-luck BBQ dinner. Everyone brings something to put on the table for dinner, eg salads and desserts. Bring your own barbecue food.
After dinner, to match our theme of Animals, we will have a dress up or poster and music session with dancing. Put your thinking caps on!
Sunday July 18th
9.00 am Singing: wake up and warm up session
9.30 am Small group sessions
11.00 am Morning tea
11.30 am Master class conducted by tutor. Anyone who wishes to participate is most welcome.
1.00 pm Lunch and tidy up - clear out of accommodation areas
2.00 pm Final massed playing session.
3.30 pm Finish up and head home.
Girl Guide Camp, Bluewater, about half an hour by road North of Townsville - see map (180 KB - opens in new window).
Food, accommodation and other organisational matters:
• Transport is by private vehicle.
• Accommodation is in dormitories or tents. Each dormitory has 3 bunks and a single bed. Bring your own pillow, sheets, sleeping bag. If camping, bring everything (but please note that generators are not permitted).
• On Friday, rooms are available from 4.00 pm. Our informal activities will start approx. 5.00 pm.
• Expected weather: idyllic, probably 12 – 28 degrees.
• We are self catering throughout the weekend and you also need to be aware that the facilities for eating out are very limited. Every family or individual essentially needs to bring all their own food and use the cooking and storage facilities (stoves, microwaves, fridges, crockery, cutlery and cooking gear) available at Bluewater.
• The NQRS will provide tea, coffee & biscuits for morning and afternoon teas.
• We expect that Friday evening will be a simple BYO meal as will Saturday and Sunday breakfast and lunch. For Saturday’s dinner we plan to share our meal. If you want to join with us please bring meat for a BBQ plus bread or a salad or a dessert.
• What to bring:
¬ Recorders, all sizes. A music stand if you have one.
¬ Music and/or other instruments (especially guitars or percussion) for social playing.
• Individual Tuition: If you are interested in an individual lesson with Jessica for an extra fee please contact Malcolm.
• Shortened weekend: For people with prior commitments, reduced fees for accommodation and tuition are available. However, to take advantage of our tutors’ expertise and for a smoothly organised weekend, I would encourage you to come for the full program.
President: Pam Cocks
Treasurer: Glenda Tattersall and ...
Musical Director: Malcolm Tattersall ... phone (07) 4725 6937
Registration Form is here. Please print it, complete it and post it to us as soon as you can.
Back to NQRS home page.