Turn onto Peaceful Bay Road from South Coast Highway. Either
put-in at Bow River (turn left onto dirt track a short distance
from highway, then turn left again - deep water) or at roadside
picnic area about 5km from highway - inlet is very shallow here.
- scenic flatwater paddling;
- paddle to inlet mouth along narrow channel which is
enclosed by sand dunes
and/or up Kent River and/or Bow River (the distance you can go
upstream depends on recent rainfall);
- summer paddling saw vast flocks
of black swans at home on the inlet and much other birdlife;
- Bibbulmun Track crosses the
head of the narrow channel to inlet mouth - canoes kept in boatsheds
here enable walkers to cross;
- inlet may be shallow with
- affected by winds but sheltered
paddling is available in lee of southern shore.
spit at mouth is popular
with fishermen from Peaceful Bay - 4WD access along beach;
- access to Southern Ocean for
sea kayaks when sand spit at mouth is open.
Any canoe or kayak is suitable except it's a plus to have a rudder
if it's windy.