|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
founded in 1757 by the descendants of Raja Jhujhar Singh,
second son of Parihar Raja Mahipaksha Deo of Gwalior in the
13th century. Rao Garib Das, who entered the service of the
Raja of Panna in 1708, was the grandfather of Rao Achal
Singh, founder of the state. The old title of the family was
Sawai Rao, but Rao alone was used until 1877, when the
additional title of Bahadur was granted as a personal
distinction at the Delhi Imperial Assemblage, on the
occasion of the Proclamation of Her Majesty as Empress of
India. In 1893, the Rao Bahadur maintained a military force
of 6 cavalry, 277 infantry, and 3 guns. The rulers were..
- Rao ACHAL SINGH,
1st Rao of Alipura 1757/1790, son of Rao Mukund Singh, a
Sardar of Panna, he received a grant of lands from Raja
Aman Singh of Panna in 1757 and was the founder of
Alipura; married and and issue. He died 1790.
- Rao Pratap Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Kishor Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Jagatraj Singh, married and had issue.
Rao PRATAP SINGH,
2nd Rao of Alipura 1790/1835, he was confirmed in his
lands by Nawab Ali Bahadur of Banda, whereupon the state
was named Alipura after the Nawab, he was granted a sanad
by the British authorities in 1808, married and had
issue, four sons.
- Rao Pancham Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Trilok Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Achal Singh
- Kunwar Majbut Singh
- Kunwar Jawahar Singh
Rao PANCHAM SINGH,
3rd Rao of Alipura 1835/1840, he divided the State
amongst his brothers in 1835; married and had issue.
Rao DAULAT SINGH,
4th Rao of Alipura 1840/1841, he ruled for one year, two
months and four days; married and had issue.
Rao HINDUPAT SINGH,
5th Rao of Alipura 1841/1871, he was rewarded with a khilat
worth 5,000Rs for his loyalty during the Mutiny, a sanad
of adoption was granted him in 1862, he adopted Kunwar
Chhatrapati Singh as his successor, married and adoptive
issue. He died sp
- (A) Rao Bahadur Raja Chhatrapati Singh (qv)
Rao Bahadur Raja
CHHATRAPATI SINGH C.S.I., 6th Rao of Alipura
1871/1922 , born 29th August 1853 (#1), he succeeded to
the gadi on
3rd November 1871, he attended the Delhi Durbar in 1903;
Rao Bahadur [cr.1877], Raja [cr.1903] as a personal
distinction, C.S.I. [cr. 15.2.1887]; married and had
issue, one son and two daughters. He died 1922.
- Rao Bahadur Raja Harpal Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown) [Rani Sahiba of
Kama], married Raja Pratap Singhji of Kama.
- Rajkumari Rajyashree Devi [Thakurani Sahiba of
Geejgarh], born 1893, married 1916, Thakur Saheb
Khushal Singh of Geejgarh.
Rao Bahadur Raja
HARPAL SINGH, 7th Rao of Alipura 1922/1934,
born 12th August 1882 (#2),
he succeeded to the gadi
on 26th March 1922; Regent of Alipura 1919/1922, he was
granted the title of Rao in 1923, and the title of Raja
in 1931 as a personal distinction; married a daughter of
Tomar Thakur Saheb of Porawas in Dist. Morena, M.P., and
had issue, three sons and two daughters. He died in
- Rao Bahadur Raghuraj Singh Ju Deo (qv)
- Rao Bahadur Bhopal Singh Ju Deo (qv)
- Rajkumari Veerendra Devi, born 23rd November 1904.
- Rajkumari Vindeshwari Devi, married 1924 (as his
first wife), Raja Hemendra Sen of Keonthal, and had
- Rajkumar Shiv Raj Singh, born 24th October 1909,
married in April 1932, Rajkumarani Savitri Devi,
daughter of the Raja Saheb of Kurwar, Sultanpur, Oudh,
and had issue. He died 27th January 1985.
- Kunwar (name
unknown) Singh, born 5th March 1934.
- Kumari Pushpa Kumari, married Lal Umesh Prasad
Singh Deo of Lakhanpur (see Surguja), and has
- Kumari Roop Rani Singh, married Kunwar
Ragnender Singh, Phoolwari Darbar, and has
issue, two sons.
- Kumari Madhu Singh, married Kunwar Jayant
Narayan Singh Deo (Nua Pucca II) of Seraikella,
and has issue, one daugher and one son.
- Kumar Rajesh Kumar Singh Deo, married 6th
May 1992, Kumari Kum Kum Singh of Majhauli, and
has issue, one daughter and one son.
- Kumar Rajeev Singh Deo, married Kumari
Sangeeta Singh Deo of Bolangir (see Patna), and
has issue, one son.
- Kumari Abha Singh Deo, married Dharmendra
Singh Deo of Salur, and has issue, two sons.
- Kumari Tara Singh Deo, married Lal Ashok Kumar
Singh Deo of Umroli, and has issue, two sons.
- Dinesh Singh Deo, married Abha Singh Deo
of Gauria, and has issue, one daughter.
- Sanjay Kumar Singh Deo, married Rachna
- Kunwar Praveen Kumar Singh, born 4th January 1943,
married 9th July 1970, Kunwarani Rajlakshmi Kumari
of Lodhika, and has issue.
- Kumari Heena Singh, born 26th April 1971,
married 2nd December 1996, Sanjay Singh.
- Kumari Madhuri Singh, born 17th March 1973,
married Pradeep Singh Rana, and has issue, one
- Brij Raj Singh, born 14th January 1976.
- Kumari Rani Singh, married 26th February 1957,
Rajendra Singh Ghalot of Ganlthni, Aligarh, and has
- Rajesh Ghalot, married Tanuja Ghalot, and
has issue, one daughter.
- Ruchi Singh Ghalot, married Survir Singh,
and has issue, one son.
- Kunwar Kiran Pratap Singh, born 23rd September
1952, married 15th June 1986, Kunwarani Mamta Singh
of Majhauli, and has issue, one daughter.
- Kumari (name unknown), born 23rd
- Kunwar Lokesh Bhushan Singh, born 3rd May 1954,
married 22nd June 1986, Kumari Sangeeta Kumari, born
18th December 1954, daughter of Kanwar Jagdish Singh
Rao Bahadur RAGHURAJ
SINGH Ju Deo, 8th Rao of Alipura 1934/1987,
born 3rd March 1901 (#3 p.40);
he succeeded his father to the gaddi on 14th
November 1934 (#4 p.29);
educated at Daly College, Indore and at Mayo College,
Ajmer from where he passed the post diploma examination
in 1923; he was an elected Member of the Chamber of
Princes, representing the Princely States and Jagirs of
Bundelkhand; he was granted the title of Raja as a
personal distinction on 11th July 1946; married 1921,
Rani Hadiji Vijay Kumari of Barakhera in Bundi, and had
issue. He died 15th March 1987.
- Rao Bahadur Raja Yadvendra Singh Judeo (qv)
- Rajkumar Gajendra Singh [né Kunwar Vidurji], born
16th December 1928 (#4 p.29);
educated at Daly College, Indore; married 30th
November 1953, Maharajkumari Nalini Kumari, born 2nd
December 1938, daughter of HH Maharaja Rajendra
Prakash Bahadur of Sirmur,
and had issue, three sons and two daughters. He died
28th November 1979.
- Kanwar Udai Singh [HH Maharaja Udai Prakash
Bahadur of Sirmur],
born 30th August 195x, married 18th February 1984,
Kanwarani Rasika Raje, daughter of Rajkumar Prakram
Deo of Shahpura
[HH Maharani Rasika Devi of Sirmur], born 4th
December 1964, and has issue.
- Kumari Neeleshwari, born 28th January 1985.
- Kumari Divyashree, born 5th August 1990.
- Kumari Neelima Singh, born 29th September 1956,
married 19th February 1979, Shri Dilip Shumsher Jung
Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue.
- Basudhara Rajya Laxmi Rana, born 22nd May
- Sumer Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana, born
14th June 1982.
- Yashodhara Rajya Laxmi Rana, born October
- Kanwar Ajay Singh, born 2nd February 1959, married
10th December 1986, Kanwarani Kalpana Kumari Sisodia
of Dharampur, and
- Devika Kumari, born 11th July 1988.
- Aditi Kumari, born 23rd November 1990.
- Kumari Mamta Singh, born 1964, married 18th
January 1989, Shri Vinai Shukla, and has issue.
- Devyani Shukla, born 5th August 1990.
- Devanjali Shukla, born 12th October 1992.
- Kumar Vijay Singh, born 11th April 1968, married
8th November 2000, Kumari Anjana Parmar of Jharkuan,
and has issue.
- Vedanti Kumari, born 30th November 2001.
- Raghav Singh, born July 200x.
Rao Bahadur Raja
YADVENDRA SINGH Judeo, 9th Raja of Alipura
1987/1990, born 31st August 1925 (#3
p.40); educated at Daly College, Indore; married
1943, Rani Chandraprabha, daughter of Hon. Lt. Maharaja
Mahendra Maan Singhji of Bhadawar,
by his second wife, the daughter of Raja Udit Narayan
Singh of Tirwa, and had issue. He died 27th May 1990.
- Rao Bahadur Raja Manvendra Singh Judeo (qv)
- Rajkumari Bhubaneshwari Devi, born 30th June 1950,
married 2nd June 1971, Maharaj Dileep Singh Rathore of
Jobat, and has issue,
- Kumar Rani Chandrika Kumari, married Kumar
Saheb Harsh Vardhan Singh Deo of Dhenkanal, and
has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kumar Som Kirti Singh Deo, studying at
- Kumari Nilambika Kumari
- Rani Himantika Kumari Devi, married to Raja
Braj Keshari Deb of Aul,
and has issue, three daughters.
- Rajkumari Padmakshi Devi (twin)
- Rajkumari Ambujakshi Devi (twin)
- Rajkumari Kamakshi Devi
- Rajkumari Lokeshwari Devi, born 11th November 1951;
married 20th April 1980, Maharajkumar Dipta Bhanu
Singh Deo of Seraikella,
born 6th August 1949, an accomplished sportsman, he
was educated at Raj Kumar College, Raipur, Chattisgarh
and graduated from North Bengal University at (North
Point) St. Joseph's College, Darjeeling; and has
issue, two sons.
- Kumar Saheb Bheem Vikram Singh Deo
- Kumar Saheb Tribikram Singh Deo
- Rajkumar Surendra Singh Ju Deo, born 19th October
1953, died unmarried 14th May1982.
- Rajkumari Shaileshwari Kumari, born 11th April 1955;
married 7th December 1983, Raj Kumar Digvijay Singh,
born 22nd April 1944, younger son of Rana Ragunath
Singh of Kotkhai, and
his second wife, Rani Basantika Devi, and has issue,
- Kumar Suryaveer Singh, born 5th October
- Rajkumari Geeteswari Kumari, born 3rd October 1956,
married 31st August 1979, Kunwar Ran Vijay Singh, son
of Thakur Saheb Rohetgarh
(Jodhpur), and has issue, one daughter and one son.
- Kumari Radhika Singh, born 15th September
- Kunwar Surya Vijay Singh, born 20th April
Rao Bahadur Raja
MANVENDRA SINGH Judeo, 10th Raja of Alipura