|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Also
known as Rana Jagir, the story of the protection and
assistance extended by the Amarkot Ranas to the Mughal Emperor Humayun
when he was escaping the Afghan usurper Sher Shah Suri, is legendary
and it became the birthplace of Padshahzada Akbar,
future Emperor of Delhi. Rulers
and estate holders were...
- Rana PARSHAD SINGH,
Rana of Amarkot, a contemporary of the Mughal Emperor
- Rana BAHABUT SINGH,
Rana of Amarkot, ancestor of the later Rana Sahebs of
- Rana MEHRAJ SINGH,
23rd Rana of Amarkot; married and had
- Rana ARJUN SINGH,
24th Rana of Amarkot -/1947, married Rani
Dev Kumari, and had
issue. He died
January 1947 (#1) .
- Rana Chander Singh (see above)
- Thakur Saheb Inder Singhji, born 1934.
- Thakur Saheb Balbeer Singhji, born 1938, married Rani
Indira Kumari, youngest daughter of Rawat Jai Singhji, 3rd Rawat Saheb
- Rana CHANDER SINGH,
25th Rana of Amarkot 1947/2009,
1931 in Rana Jagir, Tharparkar District, he was one of the founder
members of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and was elected to the National
Assembly of Pakistan from Umerkot, seven times with the PPP between
1999; he served as Minister for
Agriculture and Revenue, and was Chairman of the National Commission of
Minorities; married Rani Subhadra
of Rawat Tej Singhji of Rawatsar in
and his wife, Rani Lakshmi Kumariji,
and had issue, four sons and one daughter. He died 1st August 2009 in
Karachi and was cremated at Rana Jagir.
- Kunwar Jungvijay Singh, born 5th February 1956.
- Kunwar Hamir Singh, succededed as Rana Hamir Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Bhopal Singh, born 7th October 1959. (U.S.A.)
- Kunwar Dr. Pritipal Singh Sodha, presently employed with
the Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi; married Kunwarani
Singh Ranawat, Administrative Coordinator of the Foundation Public
School, daughter of Col. Thakur Ran Vijay Singh Ranawat of Kankarwa, and has issue, two sons.
- Bhanwar Shivdan Singh Sodha
- Bhanwar Bhawani Singh
- Rajkumari Sangeeta Kumari, married to Thakur Narpat Singh
Ranawat of Shahpura in Jaipur,
and has issue, two children.
- Kunwar Shatrunjay Pratap Singh,
Conservationist working for
the survival of tigers in India.
- Kunwar Aditya Singh
- Rana HAMIR SINGH,
26th Rana of Amarkot (qv)
- Thakur Aidan Singh, born about 1893 in Rana Jagir, married
- Thakur Bher Singh, married and had issue.
- HH Maharani Sahib Hawa Kanwar, married 1927 (as his
second wife), HH
Maharawal Girdhar Singhji of Jaisalmer,
had issue. She died 1991.
- Kunwar Rajvir Singh, nephew of Rana Chander Singh, married
Kanwarani Uma Kanwar, daughter of Rawat Sawai Hari Singhji II of Begun, and his first wife, Rani
- Kunwarani Sarita Kumari,
married Kunwar Himmat Singh, son
Sajjan Singhji of Ghanerao.
- HH Maharani Sahib Jadau [Het] Kanwar of Amarkot(?Umarkot),
(as his second wife), HH
Maharajadhiraj Maharawal Sir Jawahir Singhji Bahadur of Jaisalmer.
- Kaurani Prakash Kanwar Sodha ji, married Maharaj
Chanderveer Singhji of Ratlam.
- Thakur Verishal Singhji, married and had issue.
- Rani Nain Kanwar
Sodisa, married Capt. Maharaj Mohan Singhji of Raoti, and has issue.