|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The ancestor of this branch of the Rathore Dynasty was Rao Duda of Jodhpur, who was granted the Jagir of
Merta. His grandson, Rao Jaimal was granted the Jagir of Badnore in
1554 by the Maharana of Mewar for services rendered. Rulers were.....
- Rao JAI MAL I, 1st
Thakur of Badnore 1554/1568, born 17th September 1507, married and had
issue. He died 1568 at Chittor.
- Rao Mukand Das (qv)
- Rao Ram Das, died 18th June 1576 at Haldighati.
- Rao Kesho Das, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Girdhar Singh, died May 1630.
- Kunwar Vithal Das, married and had issue.
- Rani Mertaniji, married Raja Raisal of Amarsar, and had issue.
- Kunwar (name unknown,
one of above?), married and had issue.
- Kunwar Shyamal Das, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Sahib Singh, third son, he was granted the
estate of Bari Rupaheli.
Rao MUKAND DAS,
2nd Thakur of Badnore 1568/-, died in battle near Kumbhalgarh.
Rao MANMAN DAS,
3rd Thakur of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Rao Sanwal Das (qv)
- Kunwar Sabal Singh, sixth son, married and had issue,
the Dabla family.
Rao SANWAL DAS,
4th Thakur of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Thakur Jaswant Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Amar Singh, fifth son, fl.1700, he was granted
the Jagir of Nimbahera.
Thakur JASWANT SINGH,
5th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur JOGI DAS,
6th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur JAI MAL II,
7th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur JAI SINGH,
8th Thakur of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Sangram Singh, he was granted the Jagir of
Jagpura in Bhilwara Distt., Udaipur.
Thakur SULTAN SINGH,
9th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur AKHAI SINGH,
10th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur GAJ SINGH,
11th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur JAIT SINGH,
12th Thakur of Badnore fl.1760
Thakur JODH SINGH,
13th Thakur of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Thakur Paratap Singh (qv)
- Thakur Girdhari Singh, he was granted the estate of
Thakur PRATAP SINGH,
14th Thakur of Badnore
Thakur KESRI SINGH,
15th Thakur of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Kunwar (name unknown)
Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakur Govind Singh (qv)
- Kunwar (name unknown)
Singh, he was adopted into the Rampura family.
Thakur GOVIND SINGH,
16th Thakur of Badnore 1889/-, born 1871, succeeded in 1889.
Thakur GOPAL SINGH,
17th Thakur of Badnore, married Thakurani Raj Kanwar Nathawat and had
- Rani Rattan Kumari, married Rao Raghubir Singh of
Srimathura, and had issue.
- Rao Narendra Singh, Rao Saheb of Srimathura
1986/-, born 30th June 1947, married 30th October 1979, Kumari Sunita
Devi [Rani Sunita Kumari of Srimathura], daughter of Raja Rajinder
Singh of Baghal, and his wife, Rani Tara
Devi, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Radhika Kumari, born 14th
- Rajkumar Jai Singh, born 6th June
- Thakur Raghuraj Singh (qv)
- Thakur Vijayendra Pal Singh, born 12th May 1948 in
Badnore, Distt. Bhilwara (Rajasthan), B.A. (Hons.) English, Business
Management Qualifications. Educated at Mayo College, Government
College, Ajmer (Rajasthan) and Administrative Staff College, Hyderabad.
Member, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (four terms) 1977/1980 and
1985/1990 and 1993/1999. Chairman, Committee on Government Assurances
1993/1998. Cabinet Minister, Irrigation, Rajasthan 1998.
Vice-President, Bharatiya Janata Party, Rajasthan 1998/- . Elected to
13th Lok Sabha 1999. Member, Committee on Energy and Convenor of its
Sub-Committee on Action Taken Report 1999/2000. Member of the Wild Life
Preservation Board, Rajasthan for the last 20 years; and of the
Steering Committee, “Project Tiger”, Convenor of the Sub-Committee on
Electricity Bill, 2001; Convenor, Sub-Committee on Nuclear Energy;
Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Stock Market Scam 2001/2002;
Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of External Affairs 2001/2003,
Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha 2004; married 25th November 1978,
Thakurani Alka Singh and has issue, one son and one daughter. (Jal
Mahal, Badnore-311 302, Bhilwara, Rajasthan, India)
Thakur RAGHURAJ SINGH,
18th Thakur of Badnore (see above)
- Baisa (name unknown), daughter of the Thakur Sahib
of Badnore, married Raj Rana Khuman Singh of Delwara.
- Baisa (name unknown) [Maharani Rathoriji of
Jhalawar], daughter of the Thakur Sahib of Badnore, married (as his
third wife), Maharaja Rana Madan Singh of Jhalawar.
- Thakur Tej Singh of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Rani Mertaniji, married (as his second wife), Raja Bhim
Singh II, Raja Saheb of Banera 1805/1830,
and had issue.
- Kunwar Sabal Singh of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Rani Mertaniji, married (as his second wife), Raja Akshay
Singh, Raja Saheb of Banera 1905/1909, and
- Kunwarani Ajab Kunwar, died January 1886, married Kunwar
Jaswant Singh, died vpsp January 1886, son of Rawat Shri
Krishna Singhji, 12th Rawat of Deogarh.
- Rani Karuna Sahi of Badnore Thikana in Rajasthan, married
Rao Aditya Pratap Sahi of Deara of Deara
Estate in Uttar Pradesh, and had issue.
- Kunwarani Manisha Singh, married Kunwar Yash Pratap Singh
of Jaso, and has issue, one daughter.
- Rathore Thakur Jag Singh of Badnore, married and had issue.
- Rani Chandra Kanwar, married (as his fifth wife), Rao
Kesari Singh, 1st Rao Saheb of Parsoli 1656/1692.