|PRESENT RULER: Raja PRABIR
CHANDRA DHIR Deb Biarabar, 46th Raja Saheb of Balarampur since
born 16th March 1959, educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur; engaged in
the Real Estate Business; Secretary, Talcher Rifle Association; Member,
Cutack Club Ltd.; married Rani Dr. Padmalaya Devi, born 1959, an
acclaimed oncologist, daughter of Raja Trilochan Singh Deo (+) of Narsinghpur, and his wife,
Rani Manjul Manjari Devi, (now Rajmata
Saheba of Narsinghpur), and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Yuvraj Abhishek Chandra Dhir Deb, born 1988, studying in
BJB Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar.
- Rajkumari Aradhana Devi, born 1993, studying in St.
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Balarampur
is a compact Estate having an area of 65 sq. kilometres. Consisting
of 28 Mouzas, situated in Cuttack District of Orissa. It forms
hilly region which serves as the connecting link between the alluvial
plains of Cuttack in the east and the mountainous regions of the
Feudatory States in the west, and is surrounded by the Forts of
Sukinda, Dhenkanal, Madhupur and Chousathipara. It is dotted with hills
and covered with forests and is infested with wild animals and venomous
snakes. Balarampur is an impartiable estate. Tradition says that
Balabhadhra Dhir of Taghore (Joyapore) Raj family came on a pilgrimage
to Jagannath Dham Puri in 553 AD and from there he went to Jajpur to
the court of Raja Surya Keshari, a King of the Lion Dynasty. He became
a great favourite of the Raja, after saving his life from a Tiger. In
return he was granted the some land which became the principality of
Balarampur along with the
hereditary title title of Birbar Harichandan Mahapatra. The Princely
State was named after the founder. The Balarampur
Fort, (now dilapidated) was built on table land at the summit of a
steep hill. It is said that formerly it was a place of strength,
capable of defending itself. The walls of the Fort were perforated with
loop holes for musketry. Rulers were....
- Raja BALABHADRA DHIR Birabar Harichandan Mahapatra
- Raja PURUSHOTTAMA DHIR Birabar Harichandan Mahapatra
- Raja JAGGANATH DHIR Deb
- Raja NILADRI DHIR Deb
- Raja SUDARSHAN DHIR Deb
- Raja PADMANABH DHIR Deb I
- Raja JANARDAN DHIR Deb
- Raja NARASINGH DHIR Deb I
- Raja BHAGWAN DHIR Deb I
- Raja HARERAM DHIR Deb
- Raja PARSURAM DHIR Deb
- Raja BRAJA SINGH DHIR Deb
- Raja DINABANDHU DHIR Deb
- Raja HARE KRISHNA DHIR Deb
- Raja TRILOCHAN DHIR Deb
- Raja BALUNKESWARA DHIR Deb
- Raja KUNJA BIHARI DHIR Deb
- Raja BALARAM DHIR Deb
- Raja KRUSHNA CHANDRA DHIR Deb I
- Raja BANCHANIDHI DHIR Deb
- Raja CHINTAMANI DHIR Deb
- Raja NAARSINGH DHIR Deb II
- Raja PADMANABH DHIR Deb II
- Raja HARIHAR DHIR Deb I
- Raja RATNAKAR DHIR Deb
- Raja UDHAVA DHIR Deb
- Raja JOGENDRA DHIR Deb
- Raja BANAMALI DHIR Deb
- Ram KRISHNA DHIR Deb
- Raja SATYABADI DHIR Deb
- Raja GOVARDHAN DHIR Deb
- Raja MUSOLI DHIR Deb
- Raja RAGHUNATH DHIR Deb
- Raja MADHUSUDAN DHIR Deb
- Raja BAMBIKA DHIR Deb
- Raja KRUSHNA CHANDRA Dhir Deb II
- Raja BHAGAWAN DHIR Deb II, adopted son of his predecessor.
- Raja HARIHAR DHIR Deb II
- Raja GHANASHYAM DHIR
- Raja RAMCHANDRA DHIR Deb
- Raja NILADRI DHIR Birabar,
41st Raja of Balarampur, he ruled in the beginning of the
19th century; married and had issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Raja Braja Bihari Dhir Birabar (qv)
- Raja Dasarathi Dhir Birabar (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married the Raja of
Raja BRAJA BIHARI DHIR
Birabar, 42nd Raja of Balarampur, he ruled around the middle
of the 19th century; married a daughter of the Raja of Bodogada in
Ganjam District. He died sp and was succeeded by his brother.
Raja DASARATHI DHIR Birabar,
43rd Raja of Balarampur, he succeeded his elder
brother, who died without issue; married 1stly, Rani Satyabati
Badamanima from Talcher, married 2ndly, Rani Lavanya
Sanamanima from Khuntapada, and had issue.
- Raja Purna Chandra Dhir Deb Birabar (qv)
- Rani Sita Devi, married Raja Kishore Chandra Deo of Jarada.
- Rajkumari Krishna Priya Devi, married Rajkumar Sunder
Brindavan Chandra Singh of Nayagarh.
Raja PURNA CHANDRA DHIR
Deb Birabar, 44th Raja of Balarampur, he died sp of
typhoid. His mothers, Rajmata Satyabati Badamanima and Rani Lavanya
Sanamanima, adopted Kumar Prabodh Chandra Deb in 1938, son of Dewan
Bahadur Pramod Chandra Deb of Talcher,
and he succeeded as Raja
Prabodh Chandra Dhir Birabar, Raja Saheb of Balarampur (qv)
PRABODH CHANDRA DHIR Deb Birabar, 45th Raja of Balarampur, born
24th June 1928 as Kumar Prabodh
Chandra Deb, son of Dewan Bahadur Pramod Chandra Deb of Talcher, he was
adopted by the two Ranis of Raja Dasarathi Dhir Birabar in 1938; a very
keen marksman and founder of Shikar India; he married Rani
Devi, daughter of Kumar Saheb Sourendra Singh Deo of
Nua Pacca I (see Seraikella),
and his wife, Kumarani Padmavati Devi, daughter of
the Raja of Jeypore in Orissa, and had issue, two sons and two
daughters. He died 15th January 1993.
- Rani Jyoti Devi, born 1957, married 1981, Raja Shibendra
Bijoy Malla Ugal Sanda Deb of Jhargram
in West Bengal,
and has issue, one son.
- Yuvraj Vikramaditya Malla Deb, born 1988.
- Raja Prabir Chandra Dhir Deb Birabar (qv)
- Rajkumar Pattayet Subir Chandra Dhir Deb, born
1961,educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur; an industrialist, married
Kumari Nandita Devi, daughter of Kumar Nirmal Singh (+) of Maheshpur,
and his wife, Rajkumari Usha Devi, daughter of Raja Bahadur Pratap
Chandra Singh Mardaraj Jagadev of Hindol,
and has issue.
- Rani Prabha Devi, born 1963 married 1984,
Raja Digvijay Deo Bhanj, 19th Raja Sahib of Daspalla, and has issue,
- Yuvraj Jaideep Chandra Deo Bhanj, born 1988.
- Rajkumar Rajdeep Chandra Deo Bhanj, born 1992.
Raja PRABIR CHANDRA DHIR
Deb Birabar, 46th Raja of Balarampur (see above)