LOCATION: xx AREA: xx sq.km. VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Muslim
REVENUE: Rs 12,000 DYNASTY/LINEAGE: xx SEAT: xx ACCESSION: xx
PRESENT HEAD OF HOUSE:PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The Nawabs of Banda are descended from Peshwa Baji Rao I, the Peshwa of the Maratha Empire. Estate holders were....
- Peshwa Baji Rao I [Baji Rao Vishwanath Bhatt]
1719/1740, born 18th August 1699, is said to have
fought over 36 battles without losing one, he moved
the administrative capital of the Maratha Empire
from Satara to the new city of Pune in 1728; married
(a) Rani Kashibai, married (b), Rani Radhabai, and
had issue, as well as issue by his mistress, Mastani
Begum Sahiba. He died 25th April 1740 and was
cremated on 28th April 1740 at Raverkhed on the
- Peshwa Balaji Baji Rao [Nana Saheb] (by Rani Radhabai) (see Peshwa)
- Peshwa Raghunath Rao (see Peshwa)
- Shrimant Janardan Rao, died young.
- Shrimant Sadashiv Rao, died 14th January 1761.
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur I of Banda (by Mastani)
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur I, Nawab of Banda, born 1734, married and had issue. He died 14th January 1761 in Bharatpur Raj.
- Nawab Ali Bahadur I (qv)
- Nawab Ali Bahadur I, Nawab of Banda 1790/1802, born 1758, married and had issue. He died 28th August 1802.
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur II (qv)
- Nawab Zulfikar Ali (qv)
- [?Raja Jagat Bahadur fl.1833]
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur II, Nawab of Banda 1802/1823, born 1788, died 1823.
- Nawab Zulfikar Ali Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1823/1849, born 1800, married and had issue. He died 1849.
- Nawab Ali Bahadur II (qv)
- Nawab Ali Bahadur II, Nawab of Banda 1849/1858, born 1835, married and had issue, three sons. He died 1873.
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur III (qv)
- Nawab Shamsher Bahadur III, Nawab of Banda 1873/1923, born 1873, died 1923.
- Nawab Ahsaan Ali Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1923/1971, born 1889, died 1971.
- Nawab Saif Ali
Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1971/1974, born
1890, died 1974 in Sehore, M.P.
- Nawab Umar Ali Bahadur, Nawab of Banda 1974/-