|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Founded by Kunwar Bhim Singh, the fourth son of Maharana
Raj Singhji I
in around 1681. Rulers
- Raja BHIM SINGH I,
1st Raja Saheb of Banera 1681/-, born 1654,
created Raja and a Panj
hazari, married 1stly, Rani Kalyan Kunwar of
Chandra Kunwar Jhali of Gangraad, married 3rdly, Rani
Rajawat of Jhilai, married 4thly, Rani Dev Kunwar
Idarechi, daughter of
Rathore Jagmal, married 5thly, Rani Anand Kunwar of
Bad Sadri, married
6thly, Rani Kushal Kunwar of Bhinai, married 7thly,
Rani Ram Kunwar
Champawat of Auwa, married 8thly, Rani Vichitra Kunwar
Khichan of Mhow,
married 9thly, Rani Ajab Kunwar of Delwara, married
10thly, Rani Kishan
Kunwar Idarechi, married 11thly, Rani Sev Kunwar of
12thly, Rani Radha Bai Hadi, married 13thly, Rani Maha
Bikaner, married 14thly, Rani Phool Kunwar of
Kotharia. married 15thly,
Rani Amrut Kunwar of Kotharia, married 16thly, Rani
Sardar Kunwar Hadi
of Bundi, and had issue, eleven sons and two
- Kunwar Ajab Singh, died in the battle of Bijapur.
- Raja Surya Mal (qv)
- Kunwar Khuman Singh, recieved the Jagir of Kharsod
- Kunwar Prithvi Singh, recieved the Jagir of
Mua and Sidriawas in Mandalgarh.
- Kunwar Vijay Singh, received the Jagir of Amla in Badnagar, Malwa.
- Kunwar Zorawar Singh, received the Jagir of Bardya
- Kunwar Kirti Singh, recieved the Jagir of
- Kunwar Arjun Singh, recieved the Jagir of Bhorasa
Nolai, Badnagar, Malwa.
- Kunwar Saubhagya Singh, details unknown.
- Kunwar (name
Singh, died young.
- Kunwar (name
Singh, died young.
- Baisaheb (name unknown), married Kunwar Jai
later Sri Sawai
Maharaja Jai Singhji II Bahadur of Jaipur.
- Baisaheb (name unknown), married Raja Jodh
Raja SURYA MAL,
Raja Saheb of Banera -/1701, born 1678,
married 1stly, a
daughter of the ruler of Pithapur, Bandhavgarh, the
capital of Rewa,
married 2ndly, Rani Dhan Kunwar Idarechi, married
3rdly, Rani Suraj
Kunwar of Jaisalmer, committed sati
in 1701, married 4thly, Rani Lalu Bai Chauhan, and had
issue. He died
in battle at Kabul in
- Kunwar Surtan Singh (by Rani Dhan Kunwar), he
Raja Surtan Singh (qv)
- Baisaheb Anand
Kunwar (by Rani Dhan Kunwar)
Raja SURTAN SINGH,
3rd Raja Saheb of Banera 1701/-, born 1696,
joined the service of
the Imperial forces, married 1stly, Rani Jhali Man
Kunwar of Delwara,
married 2ndly, Rani Chouhan Lad Bai of Richda, married
3rdly, Rani Umed
Kunwar from Bhadawar, married 4thly, Rani Kishan
Kunwar Rajawat of
Jhilai, and had issue.
- Kunwar Sardar Singh (by Rani Kishan Kunwar), he
Raja Sardar Singh (qv)
- Baisaheb Man Kunwar [Rani Man Kunwar of Nagaur],
Raja Bakhat Singh of Nagaur.
- Baisaheb Roop Kunwar [Rani Fateh Kunwar of
married (as his first wife), Raja
Mahendra Himmat Jai Singh of Bhadawar. She
- Baisaheb Nath Kunwar [Rani Nath Kunwar of
married Raja Bakhat Singh of Nagaur.
- Baisaheb Ratan Kunwar [Maharani Ratan Kunwar of
Jaipur], married Sri Sawai Maharaja Madho Singhji I
Bahadur of Jaipur.
- Baisaheb Ajab Kunwar [Maharani Ajab Kunwar of
married Sri Sawai Maharaja Ishwari Singhji Bahadur
- Baisaheb Swaroop Kunwar [Maharani Swaroop Kunwar
Jodhpur], married Maharaja Abhai Singhji of Jodhpur.
Raja SARDAR SINGH,
4th Raja Saheb of Banera -/1759, born 1724,
served under the Mughals, married seven wives, 1stly,
a daughter of Rao
Raja Daulat Singh of Uniara,
2ndly, Rani Bankavatniji, married
3rdly, Rani Chauhaniji, married 4thly, Rani Mertaniji,
a daughter of
Thakur Jai Singh of Masuda,
5thly, Rani Jodpuriji, married 6thly, Rani
Khangarotaniji, and had
issue. He died 1759.
- Kunwar Rai Singh, he succeeded as Raja Rai Singh
Roop Singh, he was granted the jagir of Richda,
later called Gopalpura.
Braj Kumari [Maharani Braj Kumari/Ratan Kunwar],
married Sri Sawai
Maharaja Madho Singhji I Bahadur of Jaipur.
Kamla Kumari, married Kunwar Zalim Singh, younger
son of Maharaja Bijay
Singhji of Jodhpur,
and his wife,
Saubhagya Kumari [Rani Saubhagya Kumari of
Bhadawar], married Raja
Mahendra Bakhat Singhji of Bhadawar.
Raja RAI SINGH,
Raja Saheb of Banera 1759/1769, born 1742,
married (as his only wife), a daughter of Thakur Fateh
Singhji of Pisangan,
and had issue. He died at the
Battle of Ujjain, 14th
- Raja Hameer Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Anand Singh
- Kunwar Kishore Singh
Raja HAMEER SINGH,
6th Raja Saheb of Banera 1769/1805, born
1761, married 1stly, Rani Kunwaribai, a daughter of
of Ghanerao, married
2ndly, Rani Udai
Kunwari, a daughter of Rawat Fateh Singhji of Kotharia, married
grand daughter of Maharaja Gaj Singhji of Bikaner,
married 4thly, a
daughter of Maharaja Birad Singhji of Kishangarh,
married 5thly, a daughter of Thakur Umaid Singh of
Bhinai, and had
issue. He died 1805.
- Raja Bhim Singh II (by Rani Udai Kunwari) (qv)
- Baijilal Chandra Kunwar (by Rani Udai Kunwari),
- Rajkumar Man Singh (by Rani Kunwarbai)
- Rajkumar Jagat Singh (by Rani Kunwarbai)
- Baijilal Fateh Kunwar (by the Bikaner Princess)
Raja BHIM SINGH II,
7th Raja Saheb of Banera 1805/1830, born
1781, married 1stly, a Princess of Idar, married
2ndly, Rani Mertaniji,
a daughter of Thakur Tej Singh of Badnore, married
Bhatiyaniji, a daughter of Thakur Abhay Singh of Moi,
and had issue. He
- Raja Udai Singh (by Rani
- Rajkumar Ajit Singh (by Rani
- Rajkumar Daulat Singh (by Rani
- Rajkumar Gulab Singh (by Rani
- Rajkumar Zorawar Singh (by Rani
- Baijilal Pratap Kunwar [Rani Pratap Kunwar of
Mertaniji), married Raja Ratan Singh of Jhabua.
- Rajkumar Bakhtawar Singh (by Rani
- Baijilal Mehtab Kunwar [Maharani Mehtab Kunwar of
Bhatiyaniji), married Maharao Ram Singhji II of Kotah.
Raja UDAI SINGH,
8th Raja Saheb of Banera 1830/1836, born 1797,
married (as his only wife), Rani Jhaliji of Gogunda,
she committed sati
1836, and had issue. He died
Sangram Singh (qv)
Anand Kumari [Rani Anand Kumari of Raghogarh],
married Kunwar Jaimandal
Singh, later Raja Jaimandal Singh of Raghogarh.
Raja SANGRAM SINGH,
9th Raja Saheb of Banera 1836/1855, born
1822, married 1stly, Rani Jodhpuriji, a daughter of
Singh of Fatehgarh in Kishangarh,
married 2ndly, Rani Mertaniji, daughter of Thakur
Viram Deo of Nimbahera,
1855, married 3rdly, Rani Bikaneri, a grand daughter
of Maharaja Surat
Singhji of Bikaner, and had issue. He died 1855.
- Baijilal Ajab Kunwari Bai (by Rani Jodhpuriji),
Maharaja Bhairon Singhji of Ratlam.
Raja GOVIND SINGH,
10th Raja Saheb of Banera 1855/1905, born
adopted from the Jagir of Kalsas in 1855, married
Udawatiji, daughter of Thakur Balwant Singh of Akela,
Rani Narukiji, daughter of Rao Raja Fateh Singhji of Uniara, married
3rdly, Rani Kachhwahiji, daughter of the Raja of
Macchand in Madhya
Pradesh, and had issue.
- Raja Akshay Singh (by Rani Kachwahiji) (qv)
- Rajkumar Ram Singh (by Rani Kachwahiji), born
married 1stly, a Princess of Davatpur in Uttar
Pradesh, married 2ndly,
a daughter of Rao Jawan Singhji of Kotharia.
Raja AKSHAY SINGH,
11th Raja Saheb of Banera 1905/1909, born
1867, married 1stly, Rani Vaishni, daughter of Rana
Shankarbux Singh of Khajurgaon
Pradesh, married 2ndly, Rani Mertaniji, daughter of
Kunwar Sabal Singh of Badnore, married 3rdly, Rani
daughter of the Raja of Khajurahat in Uttar Pradesh,
and had issue. He
- Baijilal Sajjan Kumari (by Rani Mertaniji),
Maharaja Sir Bhanwar Pal Deo Bahadur Yadakul Chandra
Bhal of Karauli.
She died sp.
- Rajkumar Amar Singh (by Rani Mertaniji), he
Rajadhiraj Amar Singh (qv)
- Baijilal Dashrath Kumari (by
Rani Mertaniji), married Rao Raja Guman Singhji of Uniara.
Krishna Kumari (by Rani Shubhra Kumari) [Rani
Krishna Kumari of
Raghogarh], married Raja Bahadur Singh
of Raghogarh in
12th Raja Saheb of Banera 1909/1955, born
1887, married 1899, Ranidhirani Chandrakanta Kumari,
daughter of Raja
Raghunath Saran Singh Deo of Surguja,
had issue. He died 1955.
- Rajkumar Pratap Singh, Yuvaraj Saheb of Banera,
1stly, Maharajkumari Ratna Kumari of Lunawada,
married 2ndly, 12th
December 1932 at
Kumari of Dhrangadhra, died sp,
married 3rdly, 1937,
Yuvarani Yashwant Kumari [Kunwarani Pratap Kunwarba
Sahiba] of Dhrangadhra,
she died sp
197x, and had issue.
- Baijilal Mukhtawali Kunwar, married Raj Rana
Singhji of Bari-Sadri
- Baijilal Chandrawali Kumari, married
Rasikkumarsinhji Jhala of Wankaner in
Gujarat, and had issue.
- Bhanwar Samar Singh, born 1924, married
Kumari, daughter of Raj Rana Duleh Singhji of Bari-Sadri
in Udaipur, and
issue. He died 1961.
- Rajadhiraj Hemendra Singh (qv)
- Baijilal Lalit Kumari, married K.S. Balwant
Chauhan of Mather in Gujarat.
- Baijilal Nirmal Kumari, married Capt. (later
Lt.-Col.) Virendra Singh of Chomu, and
has issue, one son.
- Kunwar Prakram Singh, married Kunwarani
Kumari of Chanod,
and had issue.
- Kunwar Ghanshyam Singh, married Ms. Ritu
Satya Sharma [Kunwarani Ritu Kumari of Banera]
- Kunwar Pradyuman Singh, married Kunwarani
Kumari of Latoti in Jaipur.
- Baijilal Padmawali Kunwar, married Kunwar
Singh (later Lal Saheb) of Chandia in Madhya
- Baijilal Pushpawali Kunwar, married Maharaj Shri
Zorawarsinhji Godji of Bhuj (Kutch),
and had issue.
- Baijilal Kusumawali Kunwar, married Kunwar
Singh (later Thakur) of Sarthal.
- Rajkumar Man Singh, born 1908, married Hemant
daughter of Rao Bahadur Man Singh Jhala of
Narwar, and had issue. He died 1977.
- Kunwar Vikram Singh, married Kunwarani
Sita Kumari of Sohawal
- Baisaheb Pratibha Kumari [Rani Pratibha Kumari
Manch], married 9th March 1988, Kunwar
[now Raja Bahadur Raghvender Singh] of Manch in
Karauli, born 9th
December 1954 in Jaipur, educated at Agra
College, Agra (B.A.), son of
the Late Raja Bahadur Krishan Pratap Singh
of Manch, and his
wife, the Late Rani Rajender Kumari of Deogarh
in M.P., and has issue.
- Baisa Richa Kumari
- Kunwar Abhimanyu Singh
- Kunwar Mahendra Singh
- Baisaheb Hansa Kumari, married Kunwar
the Raja Saheb of Kama
- Kunwar Brijendra Singh
- Kunwar Udaibhan Singh, married
Kunwarani Geeta Kumari of Sohawal in
- Baijilal Sheila Kumari, married
Kunwar Chandra Sinh, son of Thakur Shri
Abhaysinhji Parmar, Thakur
Saheb of Naroli Dadra and Nagar Haveli, near Vapi,
- Baijilal Susheela Kumari,
married Kunwar Bharat Singh of Bhavnagar.
- Baijilal Laxmi Kumari, married into Gainta in
- Col. Rajkumar Guman Singh, born 1917, married
Kunwar, daughter of Lt.-Gen. Thakur Nathu Singhji of
Gumanpura, and had
- Kunwar Hitendra Singh, married Kunwarani
Geeta Kumari, daughter of Justice Raja Chandra
Shekhar Prasad Singh,
Raja Saheb of Daiya
U.P., and his wife, Rani Padma Devi, and
has issue, one daughter and one son.
- Capt. Kunwar Hameer Singh, married Kunwarani
Singh of Kothi
in Madhya Pradesh.
- Baisaheb Geetanjali Singh
- Baijilal Manhar
Kumari, married Kunwar Amar Singh of Makrahi (see
Gidhaur), and has
- Kunwar Gyanendra Singh, now Lal Saheb
- Baijilal Manjul
Kumari [Thakurani Manjul Kumari of Mandawa],
married 10th May 1978 in
Kunwar (now Thakur) Randhir Vikram Singh of Mandawa,
and has issue, two daughters.
- Baiji Lal Rohini Singh, married 12th
2008, Kunwar Siddharth Singh, son of Thakur
Mahavir Singh of Ghanerao.
- Baiji Lal Niyati Kumari, married 12th
Kunwar Suryaveer Singh of Kotkhai in
13th Raja Saheb of Banera