LOCATION: U.P.A.O. (Aligarh Dist., Bajgarhi tahsil). AREA: xx kmē VILLAGES: 6 POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 4,592 (1928)DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Bargujar SEAT: Barauli ACCESSION: xx
PRESENT HEAD OF HOUSE:
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The family is said to have settled in the south of Bulandhahr district during the rule of Maharajadhiraja Prithviraj III of Delhi and Ajmer, and to have assisted that King in his campaign against the Chandelas of Mahoba, after which they settled at Pahasu. A branch afterwards migrated to Barauli and remained in undisturbed possession of that taluqa for several centuries. In the early days of British rule, the estate became heavily encumbered, and by 1856, half of the villages had passed into the hands of the Lalkhanis or Muslim members of the clan. Estate holders were.....
- Rao Karan Singh, Rao of Barauli -/1889, he became indebted due to extensive litigation, though his success and careful management enabled him to clear his debts before he died; married 1stly, Senior Rani (name unknown) Kumari, died 1896, married 2ndly, Junior Rani Khushal Kumari Sahiba, and had issue, two daughters. He died 1888/1889.
- Baisa (name unknown)
Kumari, married Thakur Narayan Singh, a member of an old
Kshatriya family in Rampur State, and had issue, as well as
- Rao Raghuraj Singh (qv)
- Baisa (name unknown) Kumari, married Kunwar Kirat Singh, younger son of Raja Shiv Raj Singh of Kashipur. She died sp.
- (A) Rao Rajkunwar Singh
- Rao Raghuraj Singh, Rao of Barauli 1889/1919, his title of Rao was recognized as a courtesy title on 1st August 1908, and conferred on him as a hereditary distinction on 1st January 1913, married and had issue. He died 24th January 1919.
- Rao Raghuvendra Pratap Singh (qv)
- Rao Raghuvendra Pratap Singh, Rao of Barauli 1919/-, born 22nd September 1916, he succeeded to the gadi on 16th September 1927,
- Rao Rajkunwar Singh, Rao of Barauli, born 17th September 1897, educated up to S.L.C., G.H.S, Aligarh and Rajput College, Agra; Member and Vice-Chairman of the District Board; Municipal Commissioner; M.L.C.; Chairman, Vice-President and Member of the Agra Province Zamindar's Association, Allahabad; M.L.A. representing the Zamindars of Agra Province; General Secretary, the All-India Ram Rajya Parishad and Chairman of its Parliamentary Board; he was a vaishnava and Head of the gaddi of Bargujar Kshatriyas; married 1stly, Rani Lakshman Kuar, married 2ndly, Rani Phool Kunwar, married 3rdly, Rani Manorama Devi, and had issue.
- Rao Madhusudan Singh (qv)
- Rao Madhusudan Singh, Rao of Barauli, born in Aligarh, educated at Doon School, Dehradun, he earned a B.A. and an LL.B.,married and has issue.
- Kunwar Aditya Pratap Singh
- Kunwar Anirudha Pratap Singh