BHINGA (Taluq)

LOCATION: U.P.A.O. (Bahraich Dist.) AREA: 374.5 kmē VILLAGES: 89 plus 1 patti POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs DYNASTY/LINEAGE: xx SEAT: Bhinga House, Lucknow ACCESSION: 1954

PRESENT RULER: Raja CHANDRAMANI KANT SINGH, present Raja Saheb of Bhinga (Bhinga House, Cantt. Road, Lucknow, India)
married 1stly, Rani Sahib Uttra Kumari of Awagarh, married 2ndly, Rani Sahib Shubhrashree Singh, educated at IT College and at Pusa Institute of Hotel Management, and has issue (by first wife).
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The Taluqa originally belonged to the Janwar Rajputs, being founded by a cadet of Ikauna. Lalit Singh Janwar of Bhinga, about the end of the 17th century, found himself hard pressed by the lawless Banjaras of the forest and called in his brother-in-law, Bhawani Singh Bisen, who expelled the insurgents and took possession of the estate for himself. In 1904, the estate comprised 90 villages in Bahraich district, 21 villages and 3 portions in pargana Gonda, 2 villages in Paharapur and 1 village in Digsir. The estate in Gonda is known as Usraina, with a revenue demand of Rs 17,105. Estate holders were... OTHER MEMBERS:
1. "The Golden Book of India"; by Sir Roper Lethbridge, MacMillan & Co., 1893 p. 548
2. F.D. No. 1111A
3. "Dictionary of Indian Biography" by C. E. Buckland, Swan Sonnenschein & Co., Lim., London, 1906, p.44-45
4. "The Indian Biographical Dictionary 1915" by C. Hayavadana Rao (Editor), Pillar & Co., Madra, 1916, p.44