LOCATION: U.P.A.O. (Bahraich Dist.) AREA: 374.5 kmē VILLAGES: 89 plus 1 patti POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs DYNASTY/LINEAGE: xx SEAT: Bhinga House, Lucknow ACCESSION: 1954
PRESENT RULER: Raja CHANDRAMANI KANT SINGH, present Raja Saheb of Bhinga (Bhinga House, Cantt. Road, Lucknow, India)
married 1stly, Rani Sahib Uttra Kumari of Awagarh, married 2ndly, Rani Sahib Shubhrashree Singh, educated at IT College and at Pusa Institute of Hotel Management, and has issue (by first wife).
- Rajkumari Gayatri Kumari, married 29th January 1983, Rawat Nirbhay Singh of Salumber, and has issue.
- Yuvaraj Rudramani Kant Singh, born 16th February 1966 at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer 1977/1986, at University of Lucknow 1986/1989 (B.Com.); Manager, H.C.L. Limited 1989/1996; Regional Manager, Suman Motels Limited 1996/2000; Country Manager, I.M.S. Digital Limited 2000/2003; married 1stly, 22nd January 1995, Yuvrani Sulakshana Kumari, died 29th July 1998, daughter of daughter of Maharaj Lokendra Singh of Panna, and his wife, Rani Nishi Kumari, married 2ndly, on 23rd April 2000, Yuvrani Dakeshneshwari Kumari, daughter of Raja Kameshwar Singh of Shakarpura and Bahadurpur Raj, in Begusarai - Bihar.
- Rajkumar Alekshandra Singh, married Kumari Sangita Kumari, daughter of Maharaj Jayendra Singhji of Uniara, and has issue, two children.
- Raja BHAWANI SINGH, Raja of Bhinga, younger son of Raja Ram Singh of Gonda. He died after 1710.
- Raja Barwand Singh (qv)
- Raja BARWAND SINGH, Raja of Bhinga, married and had issue.
- Raja Sarv Daman Singh [aka Sarab Dawan Singh] (qv)
- Raja SARV DAMAN SINGH, Raja of Bhinga, married and had issue.
- Raja Sheo Singh (qv)
- Raja SHEO SINGH, Raja of Bhinga, married and had issue.
- Raja Sarabjit Singh (qv)
- Raja JAGAT SINGH, Raja of Bhinga
- Raja SARABJIT SINGH, Raja of Bhinga, married and had issue.
- Raja Kishan Dutt Singh (qv)
- Raja KRISHNA DUTT SINGH, Raja of Bhinga -/1884, he took part in the rebellion in 1857, and although he submitted, he lost half his estates for concealment of cannon, he was granted the title of Raja as a personal distinction on 3rd February 1882, it was made hereditary on 9th April 1884 (#2), married and had issue, one son and one daughter. He died 24th April 1884 (#1).
- Raja Saheb Udai Pratap Singh [aka Udit Pratap Singh] (qv)
- Kunwar Jagdambika Pratap Bahadur Singh, Taluqdar of Deotaha Deotaha was confiscated after the Mutiny and given to Raja Ajit Singh of Taraul in Pratapgarh District on a revenue-free tenure for life. This decision was overturned some time later and Deotaha was restored to the Bisen clan under a separate sanad. In 1904, the estate comprised seven villages and one mahal, with an area of 6,010 acres, and a revenue demand of Rs 5,650., married Thakurani Jairaj Kunwar, Taluqdarin of Deotaha before 1912/ after 1912.
- Raja Saheb Rajendra Bahadur Singh (qv)
- Kumari (name unknown) [Rani Sahiba of Malhajini], married Raja Bijai Singh of Malhajini, and had issue.
- Raja Saheb Rajarshi
UDAI PRATAP SINGH, C.S.I., Raja of Bhinga
1884/1913 (#4); born 3rd
September 1850, educated at the Court of Wards
Institute, Lucknow; he took charge of the estate in
1884; he was presented with a cannon by the Government
of India in 1887; he was also exempted him from the
operation of the Arms Act and from personal attendance
in Civil Courts; established Kshatriya Upkarni
Mahasabha for which he made an endowment of
35,000Rs; founded the Bhinga Raj Kshatriya
Scholarship, and the Edward Scholarships; has donated
11,000Rs for sending a Kshatriya graduate to Oxford or
Cambridge University; has endowed 10 lakhs of rupees
for the Hewett Kshatriya High School at Benares; he
was granted the title of Rajarshi by the Mahasabha
which has been recognised by Government as a style of
address; he was made a C.S.I. in 1893; retired from
public life in 1895; author of A history of the
Bhinga Raj Family (1883); Democracy not
suited to India (1888), The decay of the
landed Aristocracy in India (1892); Memorandum
on the education of the sons of Landlords
(1882); Minute on the Law of Sedition in India
(1892); The Russul Question (1893) and Views
and Observations (1907); married (a), a daughter
of the Chauhan Raja of Mirzapur, married (b), Rani
Murari Kumari Devi, she died 30th April 1926, daughter
of Raja Raghunath Shah of Agori Barhar, and
had issue. He died 15th July 1913 at Benares.
- Kunwar Surendra Bikram Singh (by Rani Murar
Kunwar), born 18th December 1878. He died spvp between 1900 and 1913.
- Kunwar Man Mahendra Bikram Singh (by Rani Murar
Kunwar), married and had issue, one daughter. He
died spmvp in 1901.
- Maharani Brijraj Kunwar, born 26th November
1907, married 8th February 1920 HH Maharawal
Lakshman Singhji Bahadur of Dungarpur. She
died 21st January 1982.
- Raja Saheb RAJENDRA
BAHADUR SINGH, Raja of Bhinga 1913/-, born
1st July 1859, he succeeded to the gadi on 25th
August 1926; married and had issue. He died after
- Raja Saheb Virendra Kant Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Yogendra Kant Singh (third son), married Rajkumari (name unknown) Kunwar, the second daughter of Raja Raja Tejbali Singh Shah of Agori Barhar, and issue.
- Kunwar Yopendra Kant Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Sataindra Kant Singh, married and had issue.
- Rajkumar Jayendra Singh of Lachmanpur (fourth son), married Rajkumari Brijraj Kunwar, eldest daughter of Raja Raja Tejbali Singh Shah of Agori Barhar, she died sp.
- Raja Saheb VIRENDRA KANT SINGH, Raja of Bhinga, born 25th August 1881, married and had issue.
- Yuvaraj Alekshandra Kant Singh, married Yuvrani Jyoti Prabha, daughter of HH Svasti Shri Rajadhiraja Sahib Umaid Singh II Bahadur, 14th Raja of Shahpura, and had issue.
- Raja Saheb Chandra Mani Kant Singh (qv)
- Rani Bhuratna Prabha Kumari, married Rawat Sahib
Nahar Singhji II of Deogarh,
and has issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Kunwar Chamendra Kant Singh, born 23rd July 1918, married 13th July 1936, Rajkumari Shyamraj Kanwar, fourth daughter of Raja Tejbali Singh Shah of Agori Barhar, and had issue.
- Kunwar Arunaindra Kant Singh, born 19th December 1940.
- Kunwar Varunaindra Kant Singh, born 27th September 1945, married Kunwarani Shashi Prabha Singh, and has issue, one son and two daughters.
- Kunwar Upaindra Kant Singh, born 17th September 1948, married Kunwarani Ragini Singh.
- Kunwar Shelendra Kant Singh, born 19th November 1951, married Kunwarani Rita Singh, and has issue, two sons.
- Raja Saheb CHANDRA MANI KANT SINGH, Raja of Bhinga (see above)
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married Maharaj Simarath Singhji of Raoti.
- Rani Devsharan Kanwar, married Rawat Raj Singhji,
2nd Rawat Saheb of Meja,
and had issue.