|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
of Bonai share an agnatic descent with the rulers of
Seraikhella, Kharsawan and Rairakhol. The title of Tikait
is the courtesy title of the heir-apparent, that of Patait
is borne by the second son, that of Lal by the third son,
and Babu by the younger sons. Rulers were...
- Raja DAYANIDHI
CHANDRA DEO, Raja of Bonai 1804/1851, he died
- Raja CHANDRA DEO,
Raja of Bonai 1851/1876, born 1805, married and had
issue. He died 1876.
- Tekait Dyanidhi Deo Bahadur, rendered the British
Government, distinguished service during the
- Raja INDRA DEO
Bahadur, Raja of Bonai 1876/1898, born about
1836 (or 1838), he succeeded to the gadi on 12th
September 1876 (#1),
he rendered good service to the Government during the
Keonjhar disturbances in 1867-68, married and had
issue. He died 1898.
- Raja Nilambar Chandra Deo (qv)
- Pattayat Bishambhar Deo
- Lal Hari Krishna Deo
- Rani Krishnapriya Devi, [daughter of the Raja of
Bonai], married Raja Mitrabhanu Sai of Sambalpur.
She died sp.
- Kumari (name
unknown), married Raja Dinabandhu Mahendra
Bahadur of Dhenkanal,
and had issue, one son.
- Unknown generation
- Rani Maithali Devi Patta Mahadei, married Raja
Braja Sundar Deb of Aul, and had issue. [She
is described as a cousin of Rani Swarna Manjari
Devi (see below)]
- Raja NILAMBAR
CHANDRA DEO, Raja of Bonai 1898/1902, married
and had issue. He died 19th February 1902.
- Raja Dharani Dhar Deo Deb (qv)
- Lal Bir Chandra Deo, adopted by the Raja Saheb of
Rairakhol and succeeded there as Raja Bir Chandra
Jadumani Deo Janamuni (see Rairakhol)
- Lal (name
unknown) Deo, married and had issue.
- Tikayat Keshari Deo, born 1928, adopted by his
uncle as his intended successor.
- Rani Swarna Manjari Devi, married Raja Pitamber
Deb of Aul, and had
issue, one daughter.
- Raja DHARANI DHAR
DEO Deb, Raja of Bonai 1902/- , born 6th
January 1884 (#2) and
succeeded 19th February 1902, adopted his brother's
son as his heir; married and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Tikayat Keshari Deo, succeeded as Raja
Saheb Kadamba Keshri Chandra Deo (qv)
- Raja Saheb Kadamba
KESHRI CHANDRA DEO, Raja of Bonai (see above)
- Rajkumar Kadam Chandra Deo of Bonai, married
Rajkumari Jyotsna Moyee Devi, daughter of Rai Bahadur
Thakur Birendra Nath Singh, Zamindar Saheb of Chandrapur and
Padampur Estates, and his wife, Thakurani Leelabati
- a Princess of Bonai, married Raja Dinabandhu
Mahendra Bahadur of Dhenkanal,
and had issue.
- Kumar Pradeep Chandra Deo, of the Bhaludungri Branch
of the Bonai Royal family, married 20th November 1972,
Rajkumari Pratibha Devi of Jarada,
and has issue, three daughters.
- Kumar Ramanuj Chandra Deo of the Bhaludungri branch
of the Bonai Royal family, married Rajkumari
Sureshwari Devi of Khariar,
and has issue, three sons.
- Kumar Devanand Chandra Deo of Bonai, married Kumari
Hira Devi, daughter of Kumar Govind Pratap Singh Deo
of the Nuagarh branch of the Seraikella Royal
Family, and his wife, Kumari Lakshmi Kumari Devi, and
has issue two daughters.
- Kumari Anuradha Devi
- Kumari Anupama Devi