|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: A
scion of the Tanwars of Patan (Torawati) moved to Salumber
at the request of Rawat Kesari Singh Chundawat around
1700AD and much later one of his descendants, Thakur Tej
Singh Tanwar, was granted the jagir of Boraj Tanwaran in
1876 A.D. by Rawat Jodh Singh Chundawat of Salumber and
the family line was founded by his successor, Thakur Amar
Singh Tanwar. Estate holders were .....
- Thakur (name unknown) Singh, moved to
Salumber from Patan (Torawati) at Raoji Rawat Kesari
Singh Chundawat's request in about 1700AD.
- Thakur (name unknown) Singh, along
with the Salumbar Rawat Saheb, he fought against
Malhar Rao Holkar and was killed in this battle, with
three other Tanwar Sardars, while three Tanwar Ranis
married and had issue.
- Thakur Gulab Singh (Gulji Tanwar) (qv)
- Thakur Gulab Singh,
he was granted the jagir of Ret, Hadi, Deeila and
Rebariya wali maodi village in 1798A.D. by Rawat Bheem
Singh Chundawat of Salumber in honour of the sacrifice
of his predecessor in the war against the Holkar army.
- Thakur Ragunath
Singh, he was granted the jagir of Dadra
village in 1800AD by Rawat Bhawani Singh Chundawat of
- Thakur Bheem Singh,
he was granted the jagir of Kellai village in 1825AD
by Rawat Padam Singh Chundawat of Salumber, but it was
resumed by Rawat Jodh Singh Chundawat.
- Thakur Rai Singh,
was granted the jagirs of Gavada, Sarvadi and Ven in
1868A.D., married and had issue.
- Thakur Dalel Singh, he was granted Sathpur Thikana
in 1882A.D by Rawat Jodh Singh Chundawat of
Salumber; married and had issue, three sons and
- Thakur Padam Singh, 2nd Thakur
Saheb of Sathpur; married and had issue.
- Thakur Chandan Singh, 3rd Thakur
Saheb of Sathpur, he was presented with
a silver coated sword by the Salumber Rawat;
married and had adopted issue, his younger
brother, Kunwar Anop Singh. He died sp.
- Thakur Anop Singh, 4th Thakur
Saheb of Sathpur; he succeeded his
brother and adoptive father, married to Rathore
Thakurain of Thikana Gudel and had issue, two
sons and one daughter.
- Baisa Raj Kanwar, married to Thakur Keshar
Singh Chundawat of Ajani.
- Kunwar Amar Singh, he was adopted by Thakur
Kur (Kunwar) Singh of Boraj Tanwaran, and
succeeded as Thakur Amar Singh II of Thikana
Boraj Tanwaran (see below).
- Thakur Arjun Singh, holding Tanwar pol and
Ret jagir, he was also granted some land in
Boraj Tanwaran, married 1stly, Thakurani
Rathoriji of Badawali, and had issue, one son,
married 2ndly, a lady of Malwa, and had
further issue, five sons and one daughter,
seven children in all.
- Kunwar Gamer Singh Tanwar (by the 1st
wife), he settled in Badawali, married and
had issue, two sons.
- Nagendra Singh (Badawali,
- Gajpal Singh (Badawali,
- Kunwar Shivdayal Singh Tanwar, married and
- Baisa Hitesh Nandani
- Bhanwar Bhishmpal Singh
- Kunwar Satyendra Singh Tanwar, married and
has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Baisa Dimpal Kanwar
- Bhanwar Manvendra Singh
- Kunwar Surendra Singh Tanwar, married and
has issue, two daughters and one son.
- Baisa Lavanya Kanwar
- Baisa Kanishka Kanwar
- Bhanwar Devajaditya Singh Tanwar
- Kunwar Arvind Singh Tanwar
- Kunwar Gopal Singh Tanwar
- Baisa Kika Kanwar
- Kunwar Kishore Singh, he died sp.
- Kunwar Viram Dev Tanwar, he was a brave warrior,
married and had issue.
- Kunwar Hari Singh, he died sp.
- Baisa (name
unknown), married to Chundawat Thakur of
- Baisa (name
unknown), married to Thakur Nathu Singh
Chauhan of Kargeta, later he was adopted by
Chauhan Thakur of Khandela.
- Baisa (name
unknown), married to Thakur Deep Singh of
Kamla Amba, and
- Thakur Tej Singh (qv)
- Thakur TEJ SINGH,
1st Thakur Saheb of Boraj Tanwaran 1876/-; he was
granted the Jagir of Boraj Tanwaran in 1876A.D by
Rawat Jodh Singh Chundawat.
- Thakur AMAR SINGH I,
2nd Thakur Saheb of Boraj Tanwaran
- Thakur KUR SINGH
[Kunwar Singh], 3rd Thakur Saheb of Boraj Tanwaran,
married and had adoptive issue, Kunwar Amar Singh
Tanwar, son of Thakur Anop Singh Tanwar of Sathpur
(see above). He died sp.
- (A) Thakur Amar
Singh Tanwar II (qv)
- Thakur AMAR SINGH
II, 4th Thakur Saheb of Boraj Tanwaran
-/1993, married Thakurani Moti Kunwar, daughter of
Thakur Bheru Singh Rathore of Salaya, and had issue,
three sons and one daughter. He died 6th October 1993.
- Thakur Pratap Singh Tanwar (qv)
- Thakur Chattar Singh Tanwar, married to Thakurani
Basant Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Hamir Singh
Solanki of Patan (Udaipur), and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Karan Singh Tanwar, working as a
Technician in Indian Air Force, married to
Kunwarani Suman Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Hamir
Singh Chauhan of Thikana Kallakheri, and has
- Bhanwar Baisa Mayurika Kanwar
- Kunwar Arjun Singh Tanwar, married to Kunwarani
Paras Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Nahar Singh Balla
of Thikana Vavri (nanga).
- Bhanwar Baisa Hiteshree Kanwar
- Thakur Himmat Singh Tanwar, married to Thakurani
Maan Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Keshar Singh
Chundawat of Thikana Khirawada, and has issue, one
son and two daughters.
- Baisa Varsha Kunwar, married to Kunwar Rajendra
Singh Chundawat, son of Thakur Chattar Singh
Chundawat of Thikana Jambuda
- Baisa Raj Kanwar
- Kunwar Hitendra Singh Tanwar
- Baisa Bhanwar Kunwar, married to Thakur Narpat
Singh Rathore of Thikana Damari
- Thakur PRATAP SINGH
TANWAR, present Thakur Saheb of Boraj
Tanwaran (see above)