LOCATION: Jodhpur (Bali Dist.) AREA: xx sq.km. VILLAGES: 26 POPULATION: 16,499 RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: xx DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Rathore - Mertia clan SEAT: xx ACCESSION: 1st August 1954
Predecessors and Short History: A First Class Thikana founded in about 1708 and granted to Thakur Anop Singhji, second son Thakur Gopinathji, Thakur of Ghanerao 1675/1704. Estate holders were...
- Thakur ANOP SINGHJI, 1st Thakur of Chanod 1708/-, he was granted the estate of Chanod in 1764 VS (1707/1708).
- Thakur BISHAN SINGH, Thakur of Chanod -/1847, he died 1847.
- Thakur GULAB SINGH, Thakur of Chanod, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; married and had issue.
- Thakur Mukund Singh (qv)
- Thakur MUKUND SINGH, Thakur of Chanod 1918/-, born 7th March 1898 and succeeded to the estate on 4th November 1918, a Dohri Tazimi Sirayat and a First Class Honorary Magistrate, married and had issue.
- Thakur Chiman Singh (qv)
- Thakur Jabar Singh, born 17th December 1930.
- Thakur Himmat Singh, born 22nd December 1934, married Thakurani Usha Kanwar, daughter of Maharaj Shri Goverdhan Singhji of Arnod, and his wife, Rani Shree Kanwar, and has issue.
- Thakurani Meenakshi Kumari, married Thakur Chandravijay Singh of Khatu.
- Rani Marudhar Kanwar, married Raja Narain Singh of Khandela-Junior, and had issue. She died 10th October 1999.
- Rani Gunwant Kumari, married Rao Dhir Singhji of Shahpura, and had issue.
- Thakur CHIMAN SINGH, Thakur of Chanod, born 1st June 1921, educated at Princes' College, Ajmer; married the daughter of Rao Raja Bahadur Kalyan Singhji of Sikar, and had issue.
- Thakurani Devendra Kumari, married Thakur Gajendra Singh of Dhamotar, and has issue.
- Thakur (name unknown) SINGH, Thakur of Chanod
- Kunwarani Nirmala Kumari, married Kunwar Prakram Singh of Banera, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwarani Anand Kumari [Rani Sahiba Anand Kunwar of Amet], married Rawat Prabhu Prakash Singhji, 14th Rawat Saheb of Amet, and has adoptive issue.
- Thakur Tej Singh of Chanod, married and had issue.
- Rani Vakhat Kunwar, married Maharajkumar Shri Guman Singh born 1818, died sp in 1861, son of Maharao Shri Sheo Singhji, Maharao of Sirohi 1817/1846, and his wife, Rani Sardar Kunwar, she died sp.
- Thakur Badansingh Shivsinghot of Chanod, married and had issue.
- Maharani Jas Kunwar, married (as his 2nd wife), Maharao Shri Bairi Salji II, Maharao of Sirohi 1782/1809, born 1760, died 1809.