|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The estate was founded in 1528 with the grant of the
estates of Samode and Mohana to Rao Gopalji, fourth son of
Raja Prithviraj Singhji I of Jaipur.
It renders service with cavalry and foot and pays no
tribute. It is situated 52 kilometres north of Jaipur
city. Estate holders were...
- Rao GOPAL SINGH
[Gopalji], Thakur Saheb of Samode and Mohana
1528/1565, married and had issue, nine sons. He was
killed in action at the battle of Khet in 1565.
- Thakur Nathu Singh [aka Rao Nathaji] (qv)
- Thakur Surjan
- Thakur Baghaji
- Thakur Devkaran
- Thakur Tejsi
- Thakur Malde
- Thakur Bairisal
- Thakur Gorakhdas
- Thakur Raghunathdas
- Thakur NATHU SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu, married and had issue, eight
sons, the Nathawat clan.
- Thakur Manohardas, he was granted the estate of
Harota, married and had issue, fourteen sons.
- Thakur Ramshah, he was granted the estate of
- Thakur Keshavdas, he was granted the estate of
- Thakur Beharidas, he was granted the estate of
- Thakur Jaswant Singh, he was granted the estate of
- Thakur KARAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu
- Thakur SARDAR SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu, married and had issue.
- Baisa Kanak Kanwar, married Thakur Pahar Singh of
- Thakur MOHAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1728
- Thakur JODH SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1760
- Thakur RAGHUNATH
SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Chomu
- Thakur RANJIT SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1800, married and had issue.
- Thakurani Udai Kanwar, married (as his first wife)
Thakur Bakhtawar Singhji of Auwa, and had issue, one
- Thakur KISHAN SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu fl.1814, married 1stly, 1804,
Thakurani Bakhtawar Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Umed
Singhji of Geejgarh, and his
first wife, Thakurani Chand Kanwar, married 2ndly,
1826, Thakurani Sher Kanwar, daughter of Thakur
Mohabbat Singh of Charla (see Bidasar), and had
- Thakur LAKSHMAN
SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Chomu -/1862, son of
the Rawal of Samode,
Prime Minister of Jaipur, Fauj Musahib and Prime
Minister; married and had adoptive issue. He died sp
- (A) Rao Bahadur Thakur Govind Singh Bahadur
- Rao Bahadur Thakur
GOVIND SINGH Bahadur, Thakur Saheb of Chomu
1862/1900, born 1849, son of Thakur Shivdan Singh of
Ajairajpura, Member of the State Council 1881/-, he
was granted the titles of Bahadur by the Jaipur Darbar
and Rao Bahadur by the British Government in 1889, he
adopted his nephew, Kunwar Devi Singh, son of Thakur
Anand Singh of Ajairajpura; married and had adoptive
issue. He died sp in December 1900.
- (A) Thakur Devi Singh Bahadur (qv)
- Thakur DEVI SINGHJI
Bahadur, Thakur Saheb of Chomu 1900/aft 1931,
born 17th September 1876 as Kunwar Devi Singh, second
son of Thakur Anand Singh of Ajairajpura, he succeeded
by adoption in December 1900; educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer and Maharajas' College, Jaipur;
appointed Member of the State Council in 1901; he was
awarded a Sword of Honour on 7th June 1921 for
meritorious service in WWI by the Government of India;
Military Member of the State Council in 1925/1931,
married (amongst others), Thakurani Karamsotji of
Thikana Khimsar in Jodhpur, and had issue, ten sons
and five daughters.
- Kunwar Sangram Singh (eldest son), adopted to
Samode and succeded there as Rawal Sangram Singhji
- Thakur Raj Singh (second son) (qv)
- Major Thakur Durga Das (third son), married
Thakurani Shrimant Sobhagya Laxmi, and had issue,
two sons and three daughters.
- Baisa Sarla Kumari
- Baisa Urmila Kumari
- Thakur Vikram Singh (qv)
- Thakur Rajendra Singh, worked as an Engineer
with Gestetner Ind Ltd.; married 2nd March 1971 in
Jagir Raigaon, M.P., Thakurani Shrimati Vibha
Singh, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kumari Lekha Baisa
- Kunwar Kuldeep Singh
- Baisa Nirmala Kumari
- Kunwar Bhawani Singh (fourth son), adopted to
Renwal and succeded there as Thakur Bhawani Singhji
of Renwal. He died 1937.
- Lt.-Gen. Thakur Umrao Singh (fifth son), married
1936, Thakurani Kamal Kumari, daughter of Raja
Ganpat Singh Solanki of Dahi in Indore, and had
- Baisa Vijaya Kumari, married Thakur Dhirender
Singh Bist, and has issue, three daughters.
- Baisa Ketaki Singh, married Kunwar
Singh, and has issue, one son and one daughter
- Baisa Rambha Singh, married Kunwar
Prithviraj Singh of Umaidnagar,
and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Bhanwar Harshraj Singh
- Baisa Devangana Kumari
- Baisa Mandvi Singh, married Thakur Jai
Singh Rathore of Gumanpura (see Shahpura),
and has issue, two daughters.
- Baisa Tamiksha Kumari
- Baisa Darshini Kumari
- General Thakur Bhagwati Singhji, married Thakurani
Mohan Kumari, daughter of the Apji Sahib of Kunadi
in Kotah, by his wife, a daughter of Raja Ram
Singhji of Rampura,
and his second wife, and had issue.
- Baisa Lalith Kumari, married Kunwar Vijay
Katoch, and has issue.
- Admiral (ret'd.) Thakur Madhvendra Singh,
married Thakurani Kumudh Kumari, born 1945,
daughter of Maharajkumar Balendu Shah of Tehri-Garhwal,
and has issue.
- Kunwar Brighu Singh
- Baisa Piyusha Kumari
- Baisa Sharda Kumari
- Baisa Girija Kumari, married Kunwar Sadan Kunwar
Singh, and has issue.
- Thakur Bhagirath Singh
- Thakur Bharat Singhji, married Thakurani Prabhuraj
Kumari of Thikana Deoral in Gujarat, and had issue.
- Col. Thakur Jitendra Singhji Nathawat, born 25th
September 1952 in Jaipur, graduated from Sanik
School, Chittorgarh, N.D.A.I.M.A., in 1972 he was
commissioned into the Armoured Corps in 45
Cavalary and later transferred to 82 Arm'd Regt.,
retired in 2006 with the rank of Colonel;
presently running a heritage hotel by the name of
Palace; married 13th March 1974 in Siriyari
Pali, Rajasthan, Thakurani Lalita Kumari, second
daughter of Thakur Dalpat Singh of Thikana Siriyari Pali in
Rajasthan, and his wife, Thakurani Shubh Kanwar,
and has issue.
- Maj. Kunwar Aditya Singh, married Kunwarani
Rukshmani Kumari, daughter of Thakur Mansinhji
Pratapsinhji Vaghela of Deodar, Banaskantha in
Gujarat and has issue, one son.
- Bhanwar Prithviraj Singh Nathawat
- Maj. Kunwar Siddharth Singh, married Kunwarani
Chandima Kumari, daughter of Col. Kunwar
Yogendra Singh of Bassi in Mewar, Rajasthan, and
has issue, one son.
- Bhanwar Abhimanyu Singh Nathawat
- Kanwarani Urvashi Kumari, married Kanwar
Mayank Shekhar Singh, son of Thakur K. P.
Singhji of Tikri in Uttar Pradesh, and has
issue, one daughter.
- Thakur Janak Singhji (eighth son), married and had
issue, five sons and one daughter.
- Colonel Thakur Mahendra Singh, married and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Somendra Singh, married and has issue.
- Kunwarani Ila Kumari, married Thakur Man Singh
of Kanota, and
had issue. She died 1988.
- Colonel Thakur Virendra Singh, married Thakurani
Nirmal Kumari, daughter of Bhanwar Samar Singh of
Banera, and his
wife, Bhanwarani Nihal Kumari, and has issue.
- Major Kunwar Mayurdwaj Singh, married and has
- Group Captain Bhartendra Singh, married and has
issue, one son.
- Captain Kunwar Bhanupratap Singh
- Thakur Pushpendra Singh
- Thakur Gunvendra Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakurani Jaikirti Kumari, married Brigadier
Thakur Pratap Singhji V.S.M., A.D.C. of Neemaj, and has
issue, two sons and one daughter.
- Thakur Mandhata Singh (by Thakurani Karamsotji),
born about March 1931 in Jaipur, graduated from Mayo
College, Ajmer; married Thakurani Virendra Kanwar of
Kalung, Rajasthan, and had issue, four children.
- Thakur Dalip Singh Nathawat
- Baisa Damanti Kumari
- Thakur Arjun Singh Nathawat
- Thakur Raghuvir Singh Nathawat
- Baisa Budh Kumari
- Baisa Raj Kumari, married in November 1922, Thakur
Gopal Singh, 17th Thakur Saheb of Badnore, and had
- Baisa Navnidhi Kumari [Rani Navnidhi Kumari of
Palaitha], married Apji Ajit Singhji of Palaitha, and had
issue, two sons and two daughters.
- Baisa Ridhisidhi Kumari
- Baisa Laxmi Kumari
- Thakur RAJ SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Chomu
- Maharani Nathawatiji of Chomu, married (as his first
wife), Maharaja Rana Prithvi Singhji of Jhalawar, and had
issue, one daughter.