|PRESENT RULER: Rao RAN BAHADUR SINGH,
27th Rao Sahib of Churhat since 1955.
born 21st December 1928, married Rani Krishna Kumari,
daughter of HH Raja Dalip Singhji of Jhabua, and his wife, Rani
Gopal Kumari, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Subhadra Kumari (+), born 13th January
1948, married into Achrol, and has issue.
- Yuvaraj Krishna Kumar Singh, married Yuvrani Durga
Rajya Lakshmi Devi, daughter of Shri Bharat Shumsher
Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal,
and has issue.
- Rajkumar Anant Vijay Singh [Dhruv Singh], married
28th February/1st March 2009 in Bhopal,
Maharajkumari Shree Manjari Devi, daughter of HH
Maharaja Shri Udit Pratap Deo of Kalahandi, and his
wife, HH Maharani Padma Manjari Devi, daughter of HH
Maharaja Shri Pradeep Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj.
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT
HISTORY: The family was founded by a son of Raja
Karan Singh of Bara. Estate holders were....
- Rao MEDNI SINGH,
Rao Sahib of Churhat, married and had issue.
- Rao Sujan Singh, he was granted the estate of
- Raja SHIV BAHADUR
SINGH, 26th Rao Sahib of Churhat -/1955, born
1894, he was granted the title of Raja as a personal
distinction, served as minister in the Central cabinet
under Jawaharlal Nehru; married 1stly, married 2ndly,
married 3rdly, Rani Mohini Devi, and had issue, four
sons and five daughters. He died 1955.
- Rani Laxmi Devi (by 1st wife), married the Raja
Ramendra Vikram Singh of Athadma in Uttar
Pradesh, and had issue, one son.
- Rani Sushila Kumari (by 1st wife), married Rana
Sahib Shri Jagdishwar Prasad Singhji of Chaugain in Bihar, and
had issue, three sons and one daughter.
- Rani Shanta Devi (by 3rd wife), married Rao Saheb
Indra Pal Singh of Pachon in Aligarh District, Uttar
Pradesh, and had issue, two sons and two daughters.
- Rao Ran Bahadur Singh (by 1st wife) (qv)
Singh (by 3rd wife), born 5th November 1930 in
Churhat, Distt. Sidhi, Madhya Pradesh; Educated at
Allahabad University and Agra University (B.A.,
LL.B.); Member of the Madhya Pradesh Legislative
Assembly 1957/1985; Minister of State for
Agriculture, and General Administration Department
(GAD) and Information and Public Relations in the
Government of Madhya Pradesh 1963/1967; Minister of
Planning and Development, Government of Madhya
Pradesh 1967; Minister of Education, Government of
Madhya Pradesh 1972/1977; Leader of Opposition,
Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly 1977/1980; Chief
Minister, Madhya Pradesh 1980/1985; Governor of
Punjab in 1985; Minister of Commerce in the
Government of India 1985/1986; Member of the Eighth
Lok Sabha 1985/1988; Minister of Communications,
Government of India 1986/1988; Member of the Madhya
Pradesh Legislative Assembly 1988/1991; Chief
Minister, Madhya Pradesh 1988/1989; Minister of
Human Resource Development, Government of India
1991/1994; Member of the Tenth Lok Sabha 1991/1996;
Elected to Rajya Sabha in April 2000 and re-elected
in March 2006; Member, Consultative Committee for
the Ministry of Home Affairs 2000/2004; Member of
the Committee on Rules 2001/2004; Chairman of the
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Human Resource
Development 2002/2004; Member of the General
Purposes Committee 2002/2004; Union Minister of
Human Resource Development 2004/2009; married 2nd
June 1948, Rajkumar Rani Saroj Kumari of Pratapgarh
(M.P.), born 25th July 1935, and had issue. He died
4th March 2011 of a heart attack at the All India
Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi and was
cremated at Churhat.
- Kunwar Abhimanyu Singh, born 15th January 1950,
married 22nd January 1976, Kunwarani Veena Kumari,
born 25th July 1954, daughter of Maharaj
Dilipsinhji Godji of Kutch,
and has issue.
- Bhanwar Abhijeet Singh, born 19th July 1978,
married 19th February 2006 (div. 2011),
Bhanwarani Priyanka Singh, daughter of Raja
Madhvendra Singh of Narauli, Moradabad Dist.
- Baiji Lal Aradhana Kumari, born 15th January
1985, engaged in August 2013, to Kunwar Divraj
Singh, son of Kanwar Uday Singh of Jubbal, and
his wife, Kanwar Rani Vibhuti Singh.
- Thakurani Veena Kumari, born 9th September 1952,
ran as an Independent candidate from Sidhi Lok
Sabha constituency in the 15th Lok Sabha
elections; married Thakur Bhuvaneshwar Prasad
Singh of Singhrauli, Sidhi District (M.P.), and
- Kunwar Aishwarya Singh, born 1974,
married 22nd/23rd February 2007 at New Delhi,
Devyani Rajya Lakshmi Devi, daughter of Shri
Pashupati Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal,
and his wife Rani Usharaje Scindia.
- Baiji Lal Amritha Kumari
- Kunwar Ajay Singh [Rahul Singh], born 13th
September 1954, M.L.A. (Madhya Pradesh); married
1981, Kunwarani Suniti Singh of Gumanpura, and has
- Bhanwar Arundodya Singh, born 1983, Bollywood
- Baiji Lal Akriti Kumari, born August 1985.
- Baiji Lal Ambika Kumari, born 1988.
- Rajkumar Dr. Sajjan Singh (by 3rd wife), born
1932, educated in the U.S.A., married and has issue,
two sons and two daughters.
- Kunwar Dr. Vijay Singh, married and has issue.
- Baiji Lal Malini Kumari
- Baiji Lal Bhavna Kumari
- Kunwar Amar Singh, married and has issue.
- Bhanwar Udayan Singh
- Baiji Lal Anushree Kumari
- Thakurani Sandhya Kumari, married Thakur Ajai
Singh of Pokhran,
and has issue, one daughter.
- Baisa Darshika Kumari, born 6th October
- Baiji Lal Madhu Kumari, married and has issue,
- Rajkumari Usha Kumari (+) (by 3rd wife), married
and had issue, one son and two daughters.
- Rajkumar Ganga Singh (+) (by 3rd wife), married
and had issue, one son and two daughters.
- Baiji Lal Vandana Kumari
- Baiji Lal Manju Kumari
- Kunwar Sanjay Singh
- Rajkumari Padma Kumari, married Uday Pratap Singh
(+), and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Rao RAN BAHADUR
SINGH, 27th Rao Sahib of Churhat (see above)