|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
A Princely State located east of Palanpur in North Eastern
Gujarat. It paid tribute of 3,983Rs to either Palanpur or
Idar. The Maharana maintains a military force of 70
cavalry and 67 infantry (in 1893). Rulers were...
- Rana Shri JASRAJI,
1st Rana Shri of Danta 1068/1069
- Rana Shri KEDARSINHJI,
2nd Rana Shri of Danta 1069/-
- Rana Shri JASPALJI,
3rd Rana Shri of Danta
- Rana Shri JAGATPALJI,
Rana Shri of Danta 1395/1445
- Rana Shri ASKARANJI,
1st Mahrana Shri of Danta 1445/-, he received the
title of Maharana from Imperial Delhi in 1445.
- Mahrana Shri VAGHJI,
2nd Mahrana Shri of Danta -/1544
- Mahrana Shri JETPALJI,
3rd Mahrana Shri of Danta 1544/ca1545
- Mahrana Shri JAIMALJI,
Mahrana Shri of Danta ca1545/-
- Mahrana Shri PRATAPSINHJI,
Mahrana Shri of Danta
- Mahrana Shri MANSINHJI
I, Mahrana Shri of Danta for five years
- Mahrana Shri GAJSINHJI,
Mahrana Shri of Danta -/1687
- Maharana Sri PRITHVISINHJI
GAJSINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1687/1743
- Maharana Sri VIKRAMDEOJI,
Maharana of Danta in 1743
- Maharana Sri KARANSINHJI,
Maharana of Danta 1743/-, married and had issue.
- Maharana Sri Ratansinhji Karansinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri Abhaisinhji Karansinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri RATANSINHJI
KARANSINHJI, Maharana of Danta for five years
- Maharana Sri ABHAISINHJI
KARANSINHJI, Maharana of Danta -/1795,
married and had issue.
- Maharana Sri Mansinhji Abhaisinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri Jagatsinhji Abhaisinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri Naharsinhji Abhaisinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri MANSINHJI
II ABHAISINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1795/1800
- Maharana Sri JAGATSINHJI
ABHAISINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1800/1823
- Maharana Sri NAHARSINHJI
ABHAISINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1823/1847,
married and had issue.
- Maharana Shri Jhalamsinhji Naharsinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri Harisinhji Naharsinhji (qv)
- Rani Daulat Kunwar, married 1834 (as his sixth
wife), Maharao Shri Sheo Singhji of Sirohi, and had issue.
- Maharana Sri JHALAMSINHJI
NAHARSINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1847/1859,
married and had issue.
- Maharana Sri Sardarsinhji Jhalamsinhji (qv)
- Maharajkumari Guman Kumari [HH Maharani Guman
Kunwar of Sirohi], married in May 1876 (as his first
wife), HH Maharao Kesari Singhji Bahadur of Sirohi, and had issue.
She died 24th April 1899.
- Maharana Sri SARDARSINHJI
JHALAMSINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1859/1860
- Maharana Sri HARISINHJI
NAHARSINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1860/1876,
born 1817, married and had issue. He died 1876.
- Maharana Sri Jashwantsinghji Harisinhji (qv)
- Maharana Sri JASHWANTSINHJI
HARISINGHJI, Maharana of Danta 1876/1908,
born 14th October 1850, succeeded 1st December 1876 (#1),
married and had issue. He died 1908.
- HH Maharana Sri Hamirsingji Jashwantsinghji (qv)
- Maharajkumar Fatehsinghji Jashwantsinghji, married
and had issue, three daughters.
- Rani Saheba Sajjan Kanwar, married (as his first
wife), Maharaj Govardhan Singhji Sahib of Nachana
She died sp.
- Kumari (name unknown), married Maharaj
Kishore Singhji of Banswara.
- Kumari (name unknown) [Pratap Kumari??],
married to Nimach [Thakur Daulat Singhji of Nimaj??].
- Maharaj Dalpatsinghji Jashwantsinghji, born 1881,
died on 24th July 1944.
- Maharajkumari (name
unknown) Kumari, married as his second
wife, HH Sri Raj-i-Rajan Maharawal Sir Prithvi
Singhji Bahadur of Banswara,
and had issue.
- HH Maharana Sri HAMIRSINHJI
JASHWANTSINHJI, Maharana of Danta 1908/1925,
born 21st December 1869, succeeded 16th June 1908;
married HH Maharani (name
unknown) [later Rajmata Bhatianiji of Danta],
born 1878, died on 25th October 1945, and had issue.
He died 1925.
- HH Maharana Sri Bhawanisinhji Hamirsinhji (qv)
- HH Maharana Sri BHAWANISINHJI HAMIRSINHJI
K.C.S.I., Maharana of Danta 1925/1948 (abdicated 30th
January 1948), born 12th September 1899 and succeeded
20th November 1925 (#2),
granted an enhanced gun salute of 11 guns about 1935;
married 1stly, 1914, HH Maharani Vijay Kanwar, born
1897, died sp
in 1923, daughter of Maharaj Shri Mool Singhji of Raoti, Rao of Dattigaon,
and his third wife, Rani Sundar Kanwar, married 2ndly,
HH Maharani (name
unknown), died spm in 1923, a daughter of Raja
Bhagwant Raj Bahadur Singh, Raja of Sohawal in Bundelkhand,
married 3rdly, HH Maharani (name unknown), a daughter of Kunwar
Pratap Singh of Auwa in
Jodhpur, and had issue, three sons and seven
daughters. He died 1961.
- HH Maharana Sri Prithvirajsinhji Bhawanisinhji
Sahib Bahadur (qv)
- Maharajkumari Jitendra Kumari (by Maharani
Baghelji Sahiba), born 1918, married (as his first
wife), 19th May 1937 at Danta, Raja Ram Singh of Khandela-Senior, and
had issue. She died sp on 19th August 1944 at Danta.
- Rani Krishna Kumari (fourth daughter), married
1945, Raja Devi Singhji, Raja Sahib of Asope, and had issue,
two sons and four daughters. She died 1995.
- Maharajkumar Madhu Sudan Singh, born 1933.
- Maharajkumar Raghubir Singh, born 1934.
- HH Maharana Sri PRITHVIRAJSINHJI
BHAWANISINHJI Sahib Bahadur, Maharana of
Danta 1948/1989, born 1928, married 30th January 1948,
HH Maharani Hemant Kumari, daughter of HH Rai-i-Rayan
Maharawal Shri Sir Lakshman Singhji Bahadur of Dungarpur, and his second
wife, HH Maharani Manhar Kunwar, and had issue. He
died 10th July 1989.
- HH Maharana Sri Mahipendra Singh (qv)
The help of Deepak
Aggarwal is gratefully acknowledged, June 2011.
- HH Maharana Sri MAHIPENDRA
SINGH (see above)