|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Also known as Devgarh, located 38 kms NE of Udaipur, a
Jagir belonging to the Sangawat sub-clan of the Chundawat
clan of the Sisodia Royal Family. The Rawat of Devgarh is
one of 16 feudal barons privileged to wait on the Maharana
of Udaipur (Mewar). The founder of the family was Rawat
Chunda, one of whose sons (Rawat Kandhal), was grandfather
of Rawat Sanga Singh, the first Rawat of Devgarh. The estate holders were ....
- Rawat Shri SANGAJI,
1st Rawat of Deogarh 1521/1574, born as Kunwar
Sangaji, son of Rawat Sinhaji of Amet, and his third wife,
Rani Navrang De, he was granted the estate of Deogarh
in 1521, married Rani Shyam Kanwar, daughter of Rao
Viramdevji of Medta (and sister of Rao Jaimalji of
Badnore), and had issue, three sons.
- Thakur Gopal Dasji, he took part valiantly in the
battle of Malgarh Gat in 1611 against Abdullah Khan;
he was granted the jagiri of Khemana.
- Rawat Shri Dudaji (qv)
- Thakur Jaimalji, he was killed in the mountains of
Bassi by Mughals in the attack on Mewar by Shahzada
Parvez; after his death he was posthumously granted
the Jagiri of Bassi.
Rawat Shri DUDAJI,
2nd Rawat of Deogarh 1574/1611, married and had issue,
four sons. He was killed in the Battle of Ranpur in
- Kunwar Achal Dasji, he was killed in the battle of
Mandal against Shahzada Parvez of Delhi, along with
Kunwar Karn Singhji of Mewar, he was granted the
Jagiri of Amdala.
- Rawat Shri Ishwar Dasji [Ishardasji] (qv)
- Thakur Panchayan Dasji, he was granted the Jagiri
- Kunwar Jaswant Singhji, he died sp.
Rawat Shri ISAR
DASJI, 3rd Rawat of Deogarh 1611/1641,
married and had issue. He was killed by Mer Mota Keet
- Rawat Shri Gokul Dasji I (qv)
Rawat Shri GOKUL
DASJI I, 4th Rawat of Deogarh 1641/1669, he
fought against the Mer of Merwara and was killed in
the battle of Madariya against them; married and had
issue, four sons. He was killed in battle at Madariya.
- Rawat Shri Dwarika Dasji (qv)
- Thakur Jagannath Singhji, he was grated the Jagiri
- Thakur Karn Singhji, he was granted the Jagiri of
- Kunwar Sabal Singh, he was granted the Thikana of
Bassi and succeeded there as Rao Sabal Singh of
- Thakur Daulat Singh, he was granted the jagir of
Daulatgadh; he and his son, both took part in the
Battle of Bandhanwara and was killed fighting
against Ranbaj Khan Mewati; married and had issue.
He was killed at Bandhanwara.
- Kunwar Jagat Singhji, he and his father, both
took part in the Battle of Bandhanwara and was
killed fighting against Ranbaj Khan Mewati.
- Baisa Udai Kanwar, married Kunwar Padam Singh of Samuja, and had issue, six
Rawat Shri DWARIKA
DASJI, 5th Rawat of Deogarh 1669/1706
Rawat Shri SANGRAM
SINGHJI I, 6th Rawat of Deogarh 1706/1737,
married and had issue.
- Rawat Shri Jaswant Singhji (qv)
- Kunwar Jai Singh, he was granted the jagir of
Sangramgarh and succeeded there as Rawat Shri Jai
Singhji of Sangramgarh.
Rawat Shri JASWANT
SINGHJI, 7th Rawat of Deogarh 1737/1776,
married and had issue, three sons and one daughter, as
well as further issue by a Paswanji, one son.
- Rawat Shri Raghav Dasji (qv)
- Raja Bahadur Thakur Gopal Das, he was granted the
jagiri of Kareda and the title of Raja Bahadur by
Maharaja Sawai Madho Singhji of Jaipur for his
bravery in action in the Ranthambhor Battle, married
and had issue.
- Kunwar Gyan Singh, he was granted the jagir of
Gyangarh and succeded there as Rawat Shri Gyan
Singhji, 1st Rawat Sahib of Gyangarh
- Kunwar Ajit Singh, he was granted the jagir of
- Thakur Swaroop Singhji [aka Swarup Singhji], he was
granted the jagiri of Bhagwanpura and the title of
- Maharani Kundan Kunwar, married Maharaja Sawai
Madho Singhji II of Jaipur.
Rawat Shri RAGHAV
DASJI, 8th Rawat of Deogarh 1776/1786,
married and had issue.
- Kunwar Anop Singh, married and had issue. He died
vp aged 22.
- Rawat Shri Gokul Dasji II (qv)
Rawat Shri GOKUL
DAS II, 9th Rawat of Deogarh 1786/1821,
married and had issue. He died 1821.
- Rawat Shri Nahar Singhji I (qv)
- Maharani Shringar Kunwar, married Maharao Kishore
Singhji II of Kotah.
Rawat Shri NAHAR
SINGHJI I, 10th Rawat of Deogarh 1821/1847
Rawat Shri RANJIT
SINGHJI, 11th Rawat of Deogarh 1847/1867,
married and had issue.
- Rawat Shri Krishna Singhji (qv)
Rawat Shri KRISHNA
SINGHJI, 12th Rawat of Deogarh 1867/1900,
born 1847, married 1stly, 1887, Rani Monghi Kunwarba
Sahiba of Dhrangadhra,
married 2ndly, Rani Mertaniji of Ghanerao, and had
issue, as well as adoptive issue. He died sp
in December 1900.
- Kunwar Jaswant Singh, married Kunwarani Ajab
Kunwar of Badnore,
died January 1886. He died vpsp January
- (A) Kunwar Pratap Singh [Anop Singh], adopted
from Sangramgarh, married and had issue. He died
before his adoptive father before 1900.
- Rawat Shri Vijai Singhji (qv)
Rawat Shri VIJAI
SINGHJI, 13th Rawat of Deogarh 1900/1943,
born 1891, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; married
Rani Nand Kunwar, daughter of Raj Rana Zalim Singhji
of Delwara, and had issue.
He died 1943.
- Rawat Shri Sangram Singhji II (qv)
- Rani Laxmi Kumari Chundawat, born 24th June 1916,
Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
1962/1971, Member on the Panel of Chairmen,
Rajasthan Legislative Assembly; Member of the Rajya
Sabha 1972/1978, President of the Rajasthan P.C.C.,
author of a number of books in Hindi and Rajasthani,
married 1934, Rawat Shri Tej Singhji of Rawatsar, and had
issue. She died 24th May 2014. (Lakshmi Niwas,
Jagdeesh Marg, Bani Park, Jaipur, Raiasthan)
- Baisa Khuman Kunwar, married into Bagri.
SANGRAM SINGHJI II, 14th Rawat of
Deogarh 1943/1965, married Rani Krishna Kumari
of Dumraon, and had
issue. He died 1965.
- Rawat Shri Nahar Singhji II (qv)
- Rani Sita Kumari, born 1936 in Deogarh,
Udaipur, educated at Sophia Girls College,
Ajmer; married 25th June 1955, Raja Bahadur
Vishwanath Pratap Singh of Manda, and has
issue, two sons.
- Thakur Mandhata Singh, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer; married Thakurani Govind
Kumari, daughter of Thakur Sahib Sawant
Singhji of Baneria, and has issue, two
- Baisa Mayank Kumari [Rajmata Mayank Kumari
Deo of Jeypore], educated at Sophia Girls
College, Ajmer; married Shri Maharaja Shakti
Vikram Deo of Jeypore
Estate in Orissa, and has issue, one
- Kunwar Kaushlendra Singh
- Thakur Indrajeet Singh, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer; formally a Tea Planter and now
retired and settled in Jaipur; married
Thakurani Yogini Kumari of Gamph in Gujarat,
and has issue, two children.
- Baisa Hemangini Kumari, educated at Sophia
Girls College, Ajmer.
- Kunwar Prithivraj Singh, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer; at present he is settled in
Africa; married Kunwarani Aaditi Kumari,
daughter of Maharaj Suman Singhji of Jodhpur, and
his wife, Rani Nirmala Kumari.
- Kunwarani Chandramani Kumari, educated at
Sophia Girls College, Ajmer; married Kunwar B.
K. Singh, and has issue, three children, one
daughter and two sons.
- Thakurani Shakuntala Kumari, educated at
Sophia Girls College, Ajmer; married Thakur K.
A. P. Singhji of Pratapgarh, U.P., and has
issue, two daughters.
- Lt.-Col. Thakur Randhir Singh, educated at
Mayo College, Ajmer; he served in the Indian
Army in the Armoured Corps and commanded a
regiment, he was also wounded in the
India-Pakistan War of 1971; married Thakurani
Chandra Kumari, daughter of Maharaj Govardhan
Singhji Sahib of Nachana in Jaisalmer,
and has issue, one son.
- Kunwar Hemant Raj Singh, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer and at M.S. University,
Baroda; he was a Tea Planter from 1996 to
2009 in Dooars, West Bengal for Duncans
Industries L.T.D.; at present (2010) he is
working for the Mehrangarh Museum trust,
looking after the Jodhpur Fort as a Manager,
Adminstration; married 2001, Kuwarani Leena
Singh of Bakhatgarh, and has issue, one son.
- Thakur Vikram Singh, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer; married Thakurani Vijaylaxmi
Kumari of Junia, and has issue, two children.
NAHAR SINGHJI II, 15th Rawat of Deogarh
1965/2012, born 1932, married Rani Bhuratna
Prabha Kumari, daughter of Yuvaraj Alekshendra
Kant Singh of Bhinga,
and had issue, two sons and one daughter. He
died 18th August 2012.
- Rawat Shri Veerbhadra Singhji (qv)
- Baisa Aradhana Kumari [Rani Aradhana Kumari
of Idar], born 1st February 1963 in Ajmer,
Rajasthan, married 10th July 1986 in Jaipur,
Maharaj Karan Singhji of Idar, Managing
Director - Spectrum International Hospitality
Services, Sydney, Australia; and has issue,
one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Nidhiraj Singh
- Baisa Vindhya Kumari
- Thakur Shatrunjai Singh, born 7th January
1965 in Ajmer, formerly of a Corporate
background with Reckitt and Colman and also
with Tata Steel, presently (2009) a hotelier;
married 10th December 1993 in Ajmer, Thakurani
Bhavna Kumari, daughter of Thakur Sahib
Pushpendra Singh of Ghanerao, and
his wife, Thakurani Rajeshwari Kumari, and has
issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Mahadhriti Singh Chundawat
- Kunwar Bhagyaditya Singh Chundawat
VEERBHADRA SINGHJI, 16th Rawat of
Deogarh (see above)
The help of Kunwar Shivpal Singh Chundawat
from Amet, is gratefully acknowledged, April 2014.
- Rawat Swarup Singh, son of a Rawat Sahib of
Deogarh, he was granted the Thikana of Bhagwanpura.