|Predecessors and Short
History: Dhrol is a Jadeja State and like
all Jadeja's, those of Dhrol are direct descendents of
Lord Shri Krishna, the Sovereign of Dwarka. The original
founder of the State was Jam Hardholji, son of Jam Lakhoji
of Kutch. Jam Rawal and his three brothers - Hardholji,
Ravoji and Modji moved in about 1535 from Kutch to
Kathiawar, being assisted by his brothers, Jam Rawal
conquered many parganahs from the Deda, Chavda and Jethwa
clans. One Dhamal Chavda who then reigned at Dhamalpur
[Dhrol] obstructed the Jam brothers in their conquests in
one way or another, and in order to remove this
obstruction, Jam Hardholji marched against Dhamal Chavda
and after defeating him, acquired that parganah for
himself in about 1539 and founded a separate State of some
140 villages. Succession is by Primogeniture and also by
adoption. Rulers were...
- Thakore Saheb
HARDHOLJI LAKHAJI, 1st Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
ca1539/1550, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Jasoji Hardholji (qv)
- Kumar Unadji Hardholji of Laiara.
- Kumar Raghoji Hardholji of Rajpar.
- Kumar Viroji Hardholji of Khijadia.
- Kumar Lakhaji Hardholji of Kitada.
- Kumar Khimoji Hardholji of Pipar.
- Kumar Khengarji Hardholji of Khangda.
- Kumar Vajoji Hardholji of Dangda.
- Rani Bajiba Sahiba, married Raj Sahib Mansinhji I
of Dhrangadhra, and had issue.
JASOJI HARDOLJI, 2nd Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1550/1564, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Bamanyanji Jasoji (qv)
- Kumar Karanji Jasoji of Sanosara
- Kumar Hamirji Jasoji of Dangra
BAMANYANJI JASOJI, 3rd Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1564/1566, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Hardholji Bamanyanji II (qv)
- Kumar Jiwanji Bamanyanji of Chanol
- Kumar Ravaji Bamanyanji, received the Taluka of
Jalia in 1612, see Jalia-Devani.
- Kumar Asoji Bamanyanji of Jambuda
- Kumar Sayabji Bamanyanji of Vanpari
- Kumar Amarji Bamanyanji of Domda
- Kumar Khetoji Bamanyanji of Timbdi
- Kumar AkHoji Bamanyanji of Ghadi
- Kumar Meghji Bamanyanji
- Kumar Hardasji Bamanyanji
- Kumar Junoji Bamanyanji
- Kumar Hamirji Bamanyanji
- Kumar Panchanji Bamanyanji of Deedakdad, married
and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Kaloji Panchanji (qv)
- Kumar Suroji Panchanji of Deedakdad
- Kumar Sagramji Panchanji of Khakharau
HARDHOLJI BAMANYANJI II, 4th Thakore Saheb of
Dhrol 1566/1604, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Modji Hardholji (qv)
- Kumar Udeysinhji Hardholji of Ghodi
- Kumar Ranmalji Hardholji of Chhala
MODJI HARDHOLJI, 5th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1604/1609, died sp.
KALOJI PANCHANJI, 6th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
KALOJI PANCHANJI [Kalyansinhji], 7th Thakore
Saheb of Dhrol 1644/1706, married and had issue.
- Kumar Sangoji Kaloji, bypassed in the succession.
He died sp.
- Kumar Bhimji Kaloji, bypassed in the succession,
preferring his appanage of Khirasra.
- Thakore Saheb Junoji Kaloji (qv)
- Kumar Jaysingji Kaloji of Vagudad
- Kumar Meghji Kaloji of Jaiva
- Kumar Hothiji Kaloji of Dahisaru
- Kumar Punjoji Kaloji of Radad
JUNOJI KALOJI, 8th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1706/1712, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Ketoji Junoji (qv)
- Kumar Lakhoji Junoji of Khakhara
- Kumar Muluji Junoji of Hadmatia
- Kumar Godhji Junoji of Hadatoda
- Rani Daguba Sahiba, married (as his 3rd wife),
Raj Sahib Gajsinhji Meghrajji of Dhrangadhra.
KETOJI JUNOJI, 9th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1712/1715, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Kaloji Ketoji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb Waghji Ketoji (qv)
- Kumar Makanji Ketoji of Meghpar
KALOJI KETOJI, 10th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1715/1716, died sp.
WAGHJI KETOJI, 11th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1716/1760, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Jaysinhji Waghji (qv)
- Kumar Meghji Waghji of Virvav
- Kumar Rayabji Waghji of Salpiparia
- Kumar Khimoji Waghji of Rojia
- Kumar Amroji Waghji of Hajamchar
- Kumar Tejoji Waghji of Anandpar
- Kumar Ajoji Waghji of Piparia
JAYSINHJI WAGHJI, 12th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1760/1781, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Junoji Jaysinhji II (qv)
- Kumar Lakhoji Jaysinhji of Majoth
- Kumar Mehramanji Jaysinhji of Nathuvadla, married
and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Narpatsinhji Bhimsinhji Jadeja,
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1948).
JUNOJI II JAYSINHJI, 13th Thakore Saheb of
Dhrol 1781/1789, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Nathoji Junoji (qv)
- Kumar Manoji Junoji of Vanpari
- Kumar Satoji Junoji of Khijadia
NATHOJI JUNOJI, 14th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
1789/-, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Modji Nathoji (qv)
- Kumar Hothiji Nathoji of Itaru
MODJI NATHOJI, 15th Thakore Saheb of Dhrol
-/1803, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Bhupatsinhji Modji (qv)
BHUPATSINHJI MODJI, 16th Thakore Saheb of
Dhrol 1803/1844, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Jaisinhji Bhupatsinhji (qv)
- Kumar Kesharisinhji Bhupatsinhji
JAISINHJI BHUPATSINHJI, 17th Thakore Saheb of
Dhrol 1845/1886, born 1824, married and had issue. He
- Thakore Saheb Hamirisinhji Jaisinhji (qv)
HAMIRISINHJI JAISINHJI, 18th Thakore Saheb of
Dhrol 1886/1914, born 1846, succeeded 26th October
married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Dolatsinhji Hamirisinhji (qv)
- Kumar Samatsinhji Hamirisinhji Jadeja
DOLATSINHJI HAMIRSINHJI, 19th Thakore Saheb
of Dhrol 1914/1937, born 22nd August 1864, succeeded
on 2nd September 1914, abdicated for health and age
reasons on 31st August 1937; married (amongst others),
Thakorani Mankunwarba, and had issue. He died 1937.
- Kumar Shri Dipsinhji Dolatsinhji, married and had
issue. He died vp
during the influenza epidemic in 1918.
- HH Thakore Saheb Shri Jorawarsinhji Dipsinhji
- HH Thakore Saheb Shri Chandrasinhji Dipsinhji
- Kumar Shri Madhavsinhji Dolatsinhji Jadeja, born
1915 in Dhrol, married 1938 in Chuda, Kumari
Krishnakunwarba, and had issue. He died 2nd
- Kumar Shri Ganshyamsinhji Madhavsinhji Jadeja
- Kumar Shri Mayursinhji Madhavsinhji Jadeja
- Kumar Shri Maheshkumar Madhavsinhji Jadeja
- Kumari Sajjanba Jadeja
- Kumari Manharba Jadeja
- Kumari Chandraba Jadeja
- Kumar Shri Jaswantsinhji Dolatsinhji Jadeja, born
16th November 1927 in Dhrol, married 1953 in Arond,
Pratapgadh, Rajasthan, Kumari Mayakunwarba, and had
issue. He died 18th August 2002.
- Kumar Shri Harishchandrasinhji Jaswantsinhji
Jadeja, born 28th November 1969 in Rajkot, married
1994 in Ranpari, Kumari Rekhakunwarba, and has
- Kumar Harshyamsinh Harishchandrasinhji Jadeja
- Kumari Grishmaba Jadeja
- Kumar Shri Hemendrasinhji Jaswantsinhji Jadeja,
born 4th January 1980 in Rajkot, married 4th
December 2005 at Kudla near Chuda, Kumari
Poonamkunwarba, and has issue.
- Kumar Meghrajsinh Hemendrasinhji Jadeja
- Kumari Chandrakunwarba Jadeja
- Kumari Devkunwarba Jadeja
- Kumari Ranjankunwarba Jadeja
- Kumari Minakunwarba Jadeja
- Kumari Veenakunwarba Jadeja
- Kumari Harshakunwarba Jadeja
- Kumari (name
unknown), married HH Maharaja Sir
Brijnathsinhji Randhirsinhji Ju Deo Bahadur of Maihar. She died 1930.
HH Thakore Saheb
Shri JORAWARSINHJI DIPSINHJI Saheb, 20th
Thakore Saheb of Dhrol 1937/1939, born 22nd May 1910,
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot; married
Maharajkumari Raj Kunverba Sahiba (HH Thakorani Raj
Kunverba Sahiba of Dhrol), daughter of HH Maharawal
Shri Fatehsinhji Motisinhji Sahib of Chhota
Udaipur. He died sp.
HH Thakore Saheb
Shri CHANDRASINHJI DIPSINHJI Saheb, 21st
Thakore Saheb of Dhrol 1939/-, born 21st August 1912
(or 28th August 1912 (#2))
and succeeded 20th October 1939, educated at Rajkumar
College, Rajkot; married 1stly, Rajkumari Prankuverba
[Panuba], daughter of Maharajkumar Shri Bhagwatsinhji
Karansinhji of Lakhtar,
married 2ndly, Rajkumari Dilharkunverba, daughter of
Rana Shri Harisinhji Gajsinhji of Bhadakva (Bhrugupur)
in Chuda, and had issue, one daughter.
- Kumari Prabhat Kunverba Jadeja
- Kumar Shri Bharatsinhji Pratapsinhji, educated at
Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1948)
- Kumar Shri Mahendrasinhji Bhawanisinhji, educated at
Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1961)
- Kumar Shri Abhaysinhji Jadeja, married Kumari Mancha
Ba, and has issue.
- Kumar Shri Ajitsinhji Abhaysinhji Jadeja [Ajit
Sinh Jadeja] M.Com., born 26th June 1972 in Raipur,
married Kumari Shantu Ba of Piplia, Agabhi, Dhrol
Bhayat in Rajkot, and has issue.
- Kumari Neha Jadeja
- Kumari Nilima Jadeja
- Kumar Apurvasinhji Ajitsinhji Jadeja [Apurva
The help of Jaideepsinh Jadeja is gratefully
- Kumar Shri Brijrajsinhji Praveensinhji, married 10th
February 1989, Rajkumari Krishna Kumari Sahiba, born
25th September 1959 at Bhubaneshwar, daughter of
Maharaj Shri Pramodsinhji Vijaysinhji Sahib of Rajpipla, and his
wife, Rani Jayendra Kumari.