|Predecessors and Short History: The
was founded in 1806 by a Abdus Samad Khan , a scion of a
branch of the Yusufzai Pathans of Jhajjar, whose ancestors
came from Buner and settled near Jhajjar at the end of the
14th century. The state ranked 19th in the Panjab Darbar
(1918). The Nawab maintains a military force of 25 cavalry
and 140 infantry (1892). Rulers were....
- Nawab ABDUS SAMAD
KHAN, 1st Nawab of Dujana 1806/1825, born
1764, still as a youth, he took service as Rasaldar
under Bhaji Rao, the Peshwa, rising eventually to high
command of the Maratha troops, which assisted Lord
Lake in his campaign against Sindia, and he ultimately
joined Lord Lake's force as a Shashsadi
(Commander of Six Hundred Men), and from him he
obtained the grant of large estates as a reward for
services rendered, the tenure was made hereditary, and
other territories added, by a sanad dated 4th
May 1806; married and had issue. He died 1825.
- Nawabzada Ghulam Muhammed Khan, married and had
issue. He died vp.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Amir Khan, married and had
- Sahibzada Ibrahim Khan, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Imtiaz Ali
- Sahibzada Ismail Khan
- Sahibzada Abdullah Khan
- Nawab Muhammed Donde Khera Khan (qv)
DONDE KHERA KHAN, 2nd Nawab of Dujana
1825/1850, married and had issue. He died 1850.
- Nawab Hasan Ali Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Sher Khan, born 1826, died 1878.
- Nawabzada Shamsher Khan, born 1829, married and
had issue. He died 1898.
- Sahibzada Ahmad Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Arshad Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Ajaz Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Ashrat Ali Khan
Nawab HASAN ALI
KHAN, 3rd Nawab of Dujana 1850/1867, married
and had issue. He died 1867.
- Nawab Muhammed Saadat Ali Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Muhammed Najabat Ali Khan, born 1849,
married and had issue. He died 1899.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Khurshid Ali Khan, he
succeeded as Jalaluddin Nawab Muhammed Khurshid
Ali Khan Bahadur Mustaqil-i-Jan, 8th Nawab of
- Sahibzada Muhammed Jamshid Ali Khan, born 1888,
married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Kishwar Ali Khan, born
1916, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muhammed Gohar Ali Khan, born
- Sahibzada Muhammed Sikander Ali Khan, born
- Sahibzada Muhammed Ghazanfar Ali Khan, born
- Sahibzada Muhammed Anwar Ali Khan, he died
- Sahibzada Muhammed Dilawar Ali Khan, born
- Sahibzada Muhammed Tahawar Ali Khan, born
SAADAT ALI KHAN, 4th Nawab of Dujana
1867/1879, born 1840, married and had issue. He died
15th October 1879 (#1).
- Jalaluddin Nawab Muhammed Mumtaz Ali Khan Bahadur
MUHAMMED MUMTAZ ALI KHAN Bahadur Mustaqil-i-Jan,
5th Nawab of Dujana 1879/1908, born 1864 (#1). He
died sp in
MUHAMMED KHURSHID ALI KHAN Bahadur Mustaqil-i-Jan
C.B.E., C.I.E., 8th Nawab of Dujana 1908/1925, born
3rd November 1883, he succeeded his cousin to the musnaid on 21st
June 1908; he was made a C.B.E. in 1919 and a C.I.E.
in 1921; married and had issue. He died 1925.
- Nawabzada Muhammed Aftab Ali Khan, he died 1905.
- Nawabzada Muhammed Iftikhar Ali Khan, born 5th
February 1910 (#3 p.1),
Heir-Apparent, he died 1917.
- Jalaluddaula Nawab Muhammed Iqtidar Ali Khan
Bahadur Mustaqil-i-Jan (qv)
MUHAMMED IQTIDAR ALI KHAN Bahadur Mustaqil-i-Jan,
7th Nawab of Dujana 1925/19xx, born 20th November 1912
and succeeded to the musnaid on 21st July 1925 (#2), and was formally
installed as Nawab in January 1926; educated initially
at Aitchison College, Lahore then privately by an
English tutor, Captain R. Ambler; he was invested with
full ruling powers by the Governor of the Punjab in
November 1934; married and had issue. He died before
- Nawabzada Muhammed Waqir Ali Khan, born 1935.