|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded
1774, when Thakur Shyam Singh of Pokhran defeated the
Chauhan Rajputs of Geejgarh in battle, and established his
authority there. The estate is situated 155 kilometres
south-east of Jaipur and serves the Darbar with
Horse. Estate holders were...
- Thakur SHYAM SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh 1774/1793, born 1743 as the
younger son of Rajshri Thakur Devi Singhji of Pokhran, and his wife,
Thakurani Sodhiji Ram Kanwar; he defeated the Chauhan
Rajputs of Geejgarh in battle, and established his
authority there in 1774; married 1stly, Thakurani
Chatar Kanwar, daughter of Bhati Thakur Swarup Singh
of Bikampur, married 2ndly, Thakurani Indra Kanwar,
daughter of Deora Thakur Sahib Singh of Motagaon, married
3rdly, Thakurani Man Kanwar, daughter of Chaturbhujot
Thakur Hanwant Singh of Kachhavi Pipla, married 4thly,
Thakurani Chand Kanwar, daughter of Nathawat Thakur
Hamir Singh of Raholi, and had issue, three sons, and
one daughter. He died 1793.
- Kunwar Jawan Singh, died in infancy.
- Thakur Umed Singh (qv)
- Thakur Indra Singh, born 1766, married and had
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kunwar Bharat Singh, adopted by his uncle,
Thakur Umed Singh, and succeeded him as Thakur
Bharat Singh of Geejgarh (see below).
- Baisa (name unknown), married Thakur
Pratap Singh of Dundlod.
- Baisa Chandan Kanwar, married Naruka Rao Raja Bhim
Singhji of Uniara.
- Thakur UMED SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh 1793/-, married 1stly,
Thakurani Chand Kanwar, daughter of Gogawat Rao
Shambhu Singh of Duni, married 2ndly, Thakurani Chand
Kanwar, daughter of Naruka Rao Raja Kirat Singhji of
Uniara, married 3rdly, Thakurani Vijai Kanwar,
daughter of Bhati Thakur Jawan Singh of Tharasani, and
had issue, one daughter as well as adoptive issue. He
was killed in battle spm near Tori.
- Baisa Bakhtawar Kanwar (by Thakurani Chand
Kanwar), married 1804, Thakur Kishan Singh of Chomu.
- (A) Thakur Bharat Singh (qv)
- Thakur BHARAT SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh -/-, born 1793 as Kunwar
Bharat Singh, son of Thakur Indra Singh, and succeeded
by adoption; married and had issue, one daughter, as
well as adoptive issue.
- Baisa Mahtab Kanwar, married 1835, Shekhawat Rao
Vijai Singh of Manoharpur.
- (A) Thakur Jhujhar Singh (qv)
- Thakur JHUJHAR
SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh -/1878, elder
son of Thakur Takhat Singh of Daspan, adopted into
Geejgarh in 1837; married 1stly, Thakurani Jatan
Kanwar, daughter of Bhati Thakur Madan Singh of
Takera, married 2ndly, Thakurani Anand Kanwar,
daughter of Naruka Thakur Ram Singh of Jaoli, and had issue. He
- Kunwar Kesari Singh (by Thakurani Anand Kanwar)
- Thakur Kanh Singh (by Thakurani Anand Kanwar) (qv)
- Rani Lad Kanwar (by Thakurani Anand Kanwar),
married Rao Shivnath Singhji of Shahpura, died sp
- Rani Pratap Kanwar (by Thakurani Anand Kanwar),
married Rajawat Raja Pratap Singhji of Isarda.
- Thakur KANH SINGH,
Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh 1878/1901, born 1862, Tazimi
Sardar of Jaipur and Jodhpur, married 1stly, a
daughter of Kumbhani Thakur Amar Singh of Banskhoh, married
2ndly, Thakurani Sahai Kanwar, daughter of Bhati
Thakur Udai Singh of Jijanyali, and had issue, two
daughters, as well as adoptive issue. He died 1901.
- Baisa Surak Kanwar (by 1st wife), married
Khangarot Thakur Nahar Singh of Boraj.
- Baisa Gulab Kanwar (by 1st wife), married 1897,
Thakur Indra Singhji of Bhainsrorgarh,
and had issue.
- (A) Thakur Khushal Singh (qv)
KHUSHAL SINGHJI, Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh
1901/1960, born 21st February 1894 (#1)
as Kunwar Khushal Singh, third son of Rao Bahadur
Thakur Mangal Singhji of Pokhran,
and succeeded by adoption in 1901; educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer (MA); appointed Judge in the Jaipur
Chief Court 1924; Minister of P.W.D. in Jaipur
1947/1949; Member of the Legislative Committe and
Board of Management of Maharaja's College; Chairman of
the the King George V Silver Jubilee Fund Jaipur 1936;
Member of the Public Service Commission Jaipur;
married 1916, Rajkumari Rajeshwari Devi [Rajyashree
Devi] [Thakurani Sahiba of Geejgarh], daughter of Rao
Bahadur Raja Chhatrapati Singh of Alipura, and had issue,
two sons and three daughters. He died 1960.
- Thakur Mandhata Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Yaduvir Singh, born 1946, married Thakurani
Daphne (née Daphne Dorothy White), born 18th July
1927 in Ilford, Sussex, died 27th May 1987, daughter
of Jack White, and his wife, Dorothy, and has issue,
one son and one daughter. (U.K.)
- Baisa Suniti Kumari, married in Vaghela family of
- Baisa Girdhar Kanwar, married in Jadeja family of
- Baisa Sobhag Kanwar, married Kumbhawat Rao Man
Singhji of Mahar.
- Thakur MANDHATA
SINGHJI M.A., LL.B., Thakur Saheb of Geejgarh
1960/2000, born 30th March 1922 in Jaipur, he entered
the Jaipur Civil Service in 1944, and afterwards
entered Rajasthan Administrative Service 1949/1963, he
served as Secretary to the Raj Pramukh of Rajasthan,
HH Maharaja Man Singhji of Jaipur, he was elected to
the Legislative Assembly from Mahua in Rajasthan in
1964;he was General Secretary of Swatantra Party for
Rajasthan State 1964/1967; Treasurer, Rajasthan
Swatantra Party 1967/1969; President, Jan Sangh –
Jaipur District; Legal and Administrative Advisor to
the Janta Party; President, Bhawani Niketan School,
Jaipur; married Thakurani Hasendra Kumari of
Chhota-Udaipur, and had issue. He died 22nd August
- Thakur Vasudev Singhji (qv)
- Thakur Yogeshwar Singh, married Thakurani Kalyani
Kumari, daughter of Rao Govind Singhji of Amet.
- Thakur Vrajendra Singh, married Thakurani Jyoti
Kumari, daughter of Rao Chandraveer Singh of Bijolian.
- Thakur Gopal Dasji Rathore, married Thakurani
Meenakshi, daughter of Kumar Shri Ashok Singhji
Jadeja of Sanganwa
- Baisa Vrajraj Kumari, married Rajkumar (later
Raja) Ramanuj Pratap Sahai of Deara, U.P.
- Baisa Deveshwari Kumari, married Apji Suryaveer
Singhji of Koela.
- Baisa Madhavi Kumaru, married Kanwar Nagendra
Singhji of Mohanpur
- Thakur VASUDEV SINGHJI, Thakur Saheb
of Geejgarh (see above)
The help of Deepak Aggarwal is gratefully
acknowledged, January 2009.
- Thakur Bahadur Singh, married and had issue.
- Baisa (name unknown) [Thakurani Sahiba
Rathoriji], married Thakur Bijay Singh of Khachariawas,
and had issue.