|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Third
state founded by conquest about 1665. It is the premier
Kathi State and succession is governed by primogeniture,
though provision is made with equal division for the
younger sons according to Kathi custom. the Chief
exercises the jurisdictional powers as follows:- Civil -
unlimited and Criminal - full powers with the exception
that the state may not try persons other than its own
subjects for capital offences and provided that sentences
of death are confirmed by the Hon'ble the Resident for the
States of Western India. The Chief maintains a military
force of 60 cavalry, 354 infantry and 5 guns (in 1893).
- Darbar Shri VIKA
KHACHAR, 1st Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
1665/1683, married and had issue. He died 1683.
- Darbar Shri Chela Vika Khachar I (qv)
- Kumar Shri Manasia Vika Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Vika Manasia Khachar
- Kumar Shri Kandho Vika Khachar
- Kumar Shri Lunvir Vika Khachar
Darbar Shri CHELA
VIKA KHACHAR I, 2nd Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
1683/-, married and had issue.
- Darbar Shri Odha Chela Khachar (qv)
Darbar Shri ODHA
CHELA KHACHAR, 3rd Darbar Saheb of Jasdan,
married and had issue.
- Darbar Shri Vajsur Odha Khachar (qv)
- Kumar Shri Vagha Odha Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Odha Vagha Khachar
- Kumar Shri Jiwa Vagha Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Surag Jiwa Khachar
- Kumar Shri Punaj Odha Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Ugo Punaj Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Nag Ugo Khachar
- Kumar Shri Lakha Ugo Khachar
Darbar Shri VAJSUR
ODHA KHACHAR, 4th Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
-/1809, married and had issue. He died 1809.
- Darbar Shri Chela Vajsur Khachar II (qv)
Darbar Shri CHELA
VAJSUR KHACHAR II, 5th Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
1809/1851, married and had issue. He died 27th October
- Darbar Shri Ala Chela Khachar (qv)
- Kumar Shri Vajsur Chela Khachar
Darbar Shri ALA
CHELA KHACHAR, 6th Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
1852/1904, born 30th April 1831 (1833 (#1)), C.S.I. [cr.1897], he was awarded the
Kaiser-i-Hind Gold Medal in 1900, married and had
issue. He died 1904.
- Darbar Shri Odha Ala Khachar II (qv)
- Kumar Shri Jiwa Ala Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Raning Jiwa Khachar
- Kumar Shri Rawat Jiwa Khachar
- Kumar Shri Meram Jiwa Khachar
- Kumar Shri Mansur Ala Khachar, educated at
Rajkumar College, Rajkot and Cambridge University
- Kumar Shri Ram Ala Khachar, married and had
- Kumar Shri Amra Ram Khachar
- Kumar Shri Vira Ram Khachar
Darbar Shri ODHA
ALA KHACHAR II, 7th Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
1904/1912, married and had issue. He died 21st
- Darbar Shri Vajsur Odha Khachar II (qv)
Darbar Shri VAJSUR ODHA KHACHAR II,
8th Darbar Saheb of Jasdan 1912/1919, married Bai Shri
Kamribai, she was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind Gold
Medal, and had issue. He died 10th July 1919.
- Darbar Shri Ala Vajsur Khachar (qv)
- Kumar Shri Jiwa Vajsur Khachar
- Kumar Shri Amra Vajsur Khachar, Chief Karbhari of
Jasdan, married and had issue, one daughter.
- Rajkumari Sushiladevi, married Shrimant Prabhat
Gaekwad of Baroda
(now known as Sarkar Hirojirao Patankar), and has
- Chote Sarkar Udaysinghrao Patankar,
married 26th February 1993 in Mandi, Rajkumari
Sidheshwari Kumari, born 14th January 1967 in
Mumbai, Maharashtra, daughter of HH Raja Sri
Ashokpal Sen of Mandi,
and his wife, HH Rani Sahiba Kiran Kumari, and
has issue, one daughter.
- Kumari Chitrangana U. Patankar
Darbar Shri ALA
VAJSUR KHACHAR, 9th Darbar Saheb of Jasdan
1919/1973, born 4th November 1905 (#3 p.331) and
succeeded to the gadi
on 11th June 1919 (#2),
he was installed on the gadi on 1st December
p.331), educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot,
has provided free education throughout the state and
also provided free medical relief at the hospital;
married 1stly, Bai Shri Rani Kamlabai Sahib, born
1909, died 23rd April 2010, married 2ndly, Rani Madhvi
Devi, daughter of Rajkumar Gambhir Chand of Jubbal, and had issue. He
died 11th April 1973.
- Rajkumari Leela Ba (by Rani Kamlabai), married and
has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Yashadhara Ba, married Erach Khavar, a
businessman of Mumbai, and has issue.
- Mahendra Singh, presently working as a
Saturation Diving Superintendent, married Kumari
Alka Devi, sister of the Thakore Sahib of
Gunavati, and has issue, one daughter.
- Darbar Shri Shivrajkumar Ala Khachar (by Rani
- Rajkumari Indumati Devi (by Rani Madhvi Devi),
born 1933, married 1956, Wing Cdr. (retd.)
Maharajkumar Ran Vijay Singh of Dumraon, and has
issue, three children.
- HH Maharani Gita Devi (by Rani Madhvi Devi), born
19th March 1936, married 1957 at New Delhi, Brig. HH
Maharaja Sri Sukhjit Singh Sahib Bahadur of Kapurthala, and
- Rajkumar Pratap Singh (by Rani Madhvi Devi), born
28th November 1937, educated at The Doon School,
Dehra Dun and at St. Stephens College, Delhi;
married Rajkumarani Sushila Devi [née Hem Rajya
Lakshmi Devi], daughter of His Excellency Cdg.
General Maharajkumar Sir Bahadur Shumsher Jung
Bahadur Rana of Nepal,
First Nepalese Ambassador to England, and his second
wife, Rani Lakshmi Kumari Devi, and has issue, a
daughter and a son. (Mumbai, India)
- Kumari Abhilasha Devi, born 1971, presently
(2012) an Art dealer in Mumbai since 2007.
- Kunwar Abhimanyu Singh Jasdan, born 1974,
educated at Greenlawns High School, at St. Xaviers
College (B.A. Economics/Commerce) and at
Wellingkar Institute of Management (MBA in Mktg
& Sales), married February 2004 in Mumbai,
Zareen Sequeira, daughter of Capt. Meryn Sequeira
of the Merchant Navy, and his wife, Smt. Shanthi
Sequeira, and has issue, two children, one son and
- Master Arhaan Singh, born 29th September 2007.
- Miss Alika Singh, born 27th August 2012.
- Kumar Shri Nirmalkumar Ala Khachar
SHIVRAJKUMAR ALA KHACHAR, 10th Darbar Saheb
of Jasdan 1973/1989, born 9th October 1930, educated
at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1946), married Rani
Pramila Raje Gaekwad Sahib of Baroda, and had issue.
He died 1989.
- Kumari Gayatri Devi, born 30th April 1955 in
Bombay, married Shri DaulatraoY. Chowgule, an
industrialist from Goa, and has issue, two
- Uttara Chowgule
- Tillottama Chowgule
- Darbar Shri Satyajitkumar Shivraj Khachar (qv)
SATYAJITKUMAR SHIVRAJ KHACHAR, 11th Darbar
Saheb of Jasdan (see above)