|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The state was founded by Jaideorao Maharaj Mukne on the
5th June 1343 when he was granted the title of Raja
Shrimant and Shah by the Emperor of Delhi. The Raja
maintains a military force of 8 cavalry and 25 infantry
(in 1893). Rulers were...
- Shrimant Raja
JAIDEORAO MAHARAJ MUKNE [Paupera aka Jayaba],
1st Raja of Jawhar 1294/1343, married Rani Mohanabai,
daughter of Uddajirao of Dharmagad, and had issue, two
- Shrimant Raja Nemshah I (qv)
- Kumar Holkarrao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar (name
unknown) Mukne, married and had issue.
- Shrimant Raja Krishnashah I (qv)
- Kumar Dasiputra Mukne [Deoraj], captured by the
Bahmani Sultan Ahmed Shah (1422/1435), and
forcibly converted to Islam.
NEMSHAH I, 2nd Raja of Jawhar 1343/-, he
succeeded on 5th June 1343 with the titles of Shrimant Raja and
and had issue.
- Shrimant Raja Bhimshah [Bhimrao] (qv)
BHIMSHAH [Bhimrao], 3rd Raja of Jawhar,
married and had issue.
- Shrimant Raja Mohamedshah [Deobarao],
MOHAMEDSHAH [Deobarao], 4th Raja of Jawhar,
captured, along with his cousin, by the Bahmani Sultan
Ahmed Shah (1422/1435), he was sentenced to death, but
the Sultans daughter had become captivated by the
young Raja, and pleaded with her father to spare the
Raja's life. The Sultan agreed, provided that the Raja
converted to Islam. The Raja agreed to these terms,
married the Sultan's daughter and returned to Jawhar,
ruling until his death, though he never was installed
on the gaddi.
KRISHNASHAH I, 5th Raja of Jawhar, selected
by the Sardars of the state as the Raja of Jawhar in
preference to the sons of Raja Mohamedshah, who were
Muslim, he married and had issue.
- Shrimant Raja Nemshah II (qv)
NEMSHAH II, 6th Raja of Jawhar, married and
- Shrimant Raja Vikramshah I (qv)
VIKRAMSHAH I, 7th Raja of Jawhar -/1678, he
maintained a small fleet of boats near Sanjan to check
Portuguese piracy, wyo were forced to pay chauth (tribute)
for the Nagar Haveli area, he joined forces with
Chatrapati Shivaji at Shirpaumal in Jawhar, and helped
in the Maratha plunder of Surat in 1664, married and
had issue. He died 1678 in battle against Moropant
Pingle at Salher.
- Shrimant Raja Patangshah I (qv)
PATANGSHAH I, 8th Raja of Jawhar 1678/-,
married and had issue.
- Shrimant Raja Krishnashah II (qv)
- Kumar Lavjirao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar Khandojirao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar Trimbakrao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar Deobararo Mukne, he commanded the
Jawhar army outside Jawhar territory in 1857.
He joined the rebels, was arrested and tried
by the British authorities, and imprisoned in
Ahmednagar Fort where he died; he married and
- Kumar Madhavrao Mukne, married and had
- Kumar Shankarrao Mukne [Govindrao],
married and had issue.
- Kumar Narayanrao Mukne
- Kumar Shankarrao Mukne of Nandgaon, he
is in receipt of an annual grant of
Rs500 from the state.
- Kumar Ganpatrao Mukne
- Kumar Malharrao Mukne, adopted by Rani
Lakshmi Bai Saheb, the widow of Shrimant
Raja Vikramshah IV, and succeeded to the
as Shrimant Raja Patangshah IV Vikramshah
[Malharrao] (see below).
KRISHNASHAH II, 9th Raja of Jawhar, married
1stly, Rani Saikuwar, married 2ndly, Rani Mohankuwar,
and had issue.
- Shrimant Raja Vikramshah II (qv)
VIKRAMSHAH II, 10th Raja of Jawhar -/1742,
married and had adoptive issue. He died 1742.
- (A) Shrimant
Raja Krishnashah III [Malojirao] (qv)
KRISHNASHAH III [MALOJIRAO], 11th Raja of
Jawhar 1742/1758, he succeeded by adoption, rebuilt
the Nagarkhana in Jawhar, married Rani Rajasbai,
in 1758, and had issue. He was killed 1758.
- Shrimant Raja Patangshah II [Gangadharrao] (qv)
Management by the Peshwa 1758/1768
PATANGSHAH II [GANGADHARRAO], 12th Raja of
Jawhar 1768/1798, he was forced to enter into a treaty
with the Peshwa in 1782, confirming him in his
possessions; married and had issue, three sons. He
- Shrimant Raja Vikramshah III [Malojirao] (qv)
- Kumar Madhavrao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar Prataprao Mukne, married Kumari Gopikabai,
Regent of Jawhar during the minority of Raja
Patangshah IV, and had issue.
- Kumar Narayanrao Mukne, adopted by Shrimant
Raja Patangshah III, and succeeded him as
Shrimant Raja Vikramshah IV [Madhavrao] (qv)
- Kumar Raojirao Mukne, adopted by Kumari
Gopikabai from a collateral branch of the
family, married and had issue.
- Kumar Yeshwantrao Mukne, married and had
- Kumar Vilasrao Mukne
- Kumar Kesharao Mukne
- Kumar Dattarao Mukne
- Kumar Mohanrao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar Jaisinghrao Mukne
- Kumar Laxmanrao Mukne
- Kumar Harirao Mukne, married and had issue.
- Kumar Hambirrao Mukne, married and had
- Kumar Ramchandra Mukne
- Kumar Pandurangrao Mukne
- Kumar Balwantrao Mukne
- Kumar Bhiwarao Mukne
- Kumar Yashwantrao Mukne
VIKRAMSHAH III [MALOJIRAO], 13th Raja of
Jawhar 1798/1821, married (amongst others), Rani
Anandibai Sahib, and had issue. He died May 1821.
- Shrimant Raja Patangshah III [Hanumantrao] (qv)
REGENT, Rani Sagunabai 1821/1842
PATANGSHAH III [HANUMANTRAO], 14th Raja of
Jawhar 1821/1865, born 1821, he succeeded by adoption,
married and had adoptive issue. He died 1865.
- Shrimant Raja Vikramshah IV [Madhavrao] (qv)
VIKRAMSHAH IV [MADHAVRAO], 15th Raja of
Jawhar [11.6.1865] - [23.7.1865], born 1839 as Kumar
Narayanrao, son of Kumar Prataprao (see above),
married Rani Lakshmi Bai Saheb [Muktabai] from the
Talegaon family, died after 1865. He died sp on 23rd July
The Mamlatdar of Dahann [23.7.1865] - [29.10.1866]
Kuvarji Shahpurji [29.10.1866] - [xx.12.1869],
Jaisinghrao Angria [xx.3.1870] - [187x] and Shivram
Nikant [187x] - 
PATANGSHAH IV VIKRAMSHAH [MALHARRAO] ('the
Great'), 16th Raja of Jawhar [11.6.1865] - ,
born 1854/1855, son of Kumar Madhavrao Devrao Mukne
(see above), succeeded by adoption on 29th June 1866 (#1), he was invested with
ruling powers in 1877; married and had issue. He died
- Shrimant Raja Krishnashah IV [Ganpatrao] (qv)
- Hon. Lt. HH Shrimant Raja Vikramshah V [Martandrao
Bhau Saheb] (qv)
- Kumari Champabai Saheba, married Sardar Tulajirao
KRISHNASHAH IV [GANPATRAO], 17th Raja of
Jawhar 1905/1917, born 1879, he did much to spread
education and to improve the water-supply in the
state; married and had issue. He died spm on 16th
- Kumari Sonitai Saheba, married Sardar Pilajirao
Hon. Lt. HH
Shrimant Raja VIKRAMSHAH V [MARTANDRAO alias Bhau
Saheb], 18th Raja of Jawhar 1917/1926, born
17th November 1885, succeeded to the gadi on 16th
November 1917, he placed the finances of the state on
a sound footing and improved the various departments
of the state; Member of the Chamber of Princes; he was
granted a herditary salute of 9 guns, married 1stly,
Rani Mahalsabai, married 2ndly, Rani Sagunabai, and
had issue. He died spm
on 16th December 1926 or 10th December 1927.
- HH Shrimant Raja Patangshah V [Yeshwantrao] Mukne
- Kumar Anandrao Mukne
- Rajkumari Changuna Saheba, married Sardar Anandrao
[10.12.1927] - [16.1.1938]
Shrimant Raja PATANGSHAH V [YESHWANTRAO alias Dada
Saheb] Mukne, 19th Raja of Jawhar 1927/1978,
born 11th December 1917 (#3
p.62) and succeeded to the gadi on 11th
December 1927 (#2), he
was invested with ruling powers on 16th January 1938,
educated at Poona, at Rajkumar College, Rajkot and at
Blundell's Old Public School, England; married 8th May
1938 at Jai Vilas Palace in Jawhar, Rajkumari Kamala
Bai [HH Rani Priyamvande of Jawhar] of Jath, and had issue. He died
- HH Shrimant Raja Digvijaysinhrao (qv)
HH Shrimant Raja
DIGVIJAYSINHRAO, 20th Raja of Jawhar, born
5th January 1940, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot
(1958); married HH Rani Sahiba Indiraraje, and had
- Rajkumari Asharaje, married Shri Fatehsinh Rane of
Sankli in Goa, and has issue, three daughters.
- Kumari Varunadevi
- Kumari Ratnadevi
- Kumari Kartikadevi
- Rajkumari Premaraje, married Wala Shri
Bhupendrasinh Vala of Khijadia,
and has issue.
- Yuvaraj Shri Sukhdevsinh Vala
- Kumar Shri Udaysinh Vala, married Kumari
Anuradha Chudasama from Gondal, Gujarat.
- Kumar Shri Ajaysinh (Omkar) Vala
- Yuvaraj Mahendrasinrao Mukne, he succeeded as HH
Shrimant Raja Mahendrasinhrao Mukne (qv)
- Rajkumari Padminiraje Mukne
HH Shrimant Raja
MAHENDRASINHRAO, 21st and present Raja of
Jawhar (see above)