|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
The estate was founded
in 1862. Estate holders were...
- Thakur ZORAWAR SINGH, 1st Thakur of Kanota
1862/1908, born 24th February 1827, son of Thakur
married 1stly, Thakurani Amrit Kanwar,
daughter of Inda Thakur Pahar Singh of Jojiali,
married 2ndly, Thakurani Raj Kanwar, daughter of Bhati
Singh of Bhundana, and had issue, three sons and one
2nd February 1908.
- Thakur Narain Singh (by Thakurani Amrit Kanwar)
- Thakur Bhim Singh (by Thakurani Amrit Kanwar),
January 1853, Deputy
Inspector General of
Police in Jaipur from 1881, married twice and had
issue, two sons and
two daughters. He died 19th
- Thakur Hem Singh, born 1876, died 1945.
- Thakur Gordhan Singh, died 1926.
- Thakurani Anand Kanwar, married Thakur Kesri
Singhji of Achrol,
and had issue, two
sons and three
- Thakurani Lal Kanwar, married Ranawat Thakur
Singh of Jhalamand.
- Thakur Gambhir Singh (by Thakurani Raj Kanwar),
August 1863, married
from Dego in Jaipur, and had issue, one son and one
daughter. He died
3rd October 1900.
Thakurani Shiv Kanwar [Dhap Kanwar] (by Thakurani
Kanwar), married Thakur
Bahadur Singh of Mukangarh,
and had issue.
- Thakur Tikam Singh, died 1911.
- Thakur NARAIN SINGH, 2nd Thakur of Kanota
, born January 1851, Chief of
State till 1924, married 1stly, Thakurani Jadav
Kanwar, daughter of
Nathawat Thakur Hanut Singh of Bhuteda, married 2ndly,
Thakurani Saman Kanwar, daughter of Shekhawat Thakur
Kishan Singh of
Kachhore, and had issue, six sons and one daughter,
all by second wife.
- Maj.-Gen. Raja Bahadur Thakur Amar Singh (qv)
- Thakur Shivnath Singh (qv)
- Thakur Sardar Singh, born 5th June 1887, married a
daughter of the
of Bagoli (sister of his elder brother's wife) and
had issue, seven
sons and two daughters. He died
- Baisa Laxman Kanwar, married Raja Kirti Singh of
- Baisa Uchab Kanwar, married Kalyanot Thakur
Girdhari Singh of Badiali.
- Thakur Barisal Singh, born 30th November 1890,
1stly, married in Bijwar Chauhans in the State of
Alwar, married 2ndly,
Kumbhawat lady from
and had issue, two sons and a daughter. He died 4th
Col. Thakur Keshri Singh, born 1st January 1892,
Ajmer (Class-Captain 1914/15), married 1stly, a
Bhati lady from
married 2ndly, a Nathawat lady from Ashti, and had
issue, two sons and
four daughters, by second wife. He died 3rd August
- Thakurani Rajendra Kanwar, married Thakur Hem
Singh of Danta
Thakur Govind Singh, born 17th April 1894, married
and had issue, four sons and two daughters. He died
6th June 1952.
- Baisa Kushal Kanwar, married Khangarot Thakur
Raghunath Singh of Dudu.
- Rani Sugan Kunwar,
married Shivbrahmpota Rao Hari Singh of Nindar,
- Baisa Chatur Kanwar, married Thakur Karan Inder
Singh of Mahilog.
- Baisa Laxmi Kanwar
Kanwar Ishwari Singh
Thakurani Chander Kanwari, married September 1902,
of Garhi in Alwar.
- Baisa Gopal Kanwar, married Naruka Thakur
Singh of Jagannathpura.
- Baisa Madhav Kanwar, married Naruka Thakur
Singh of Garhi.
- Maj.-Gen. Raja Bahadur Thakur AMAR SINGH, 3rd
of Kanota 1924/1942,
Commander of the
State Forces, born 25th July 1878 , married about 5th
Rasal Kanwar of Satheen, died 1945, and had issue, six
young). He died 2nd November 1942.
- Baisa (name unknown), married Naruka Thakur
Bhawani Singh of Garhi in Alwar.
- Thakur SHIVNATH SINGH, 4th Thakur of Kanota
1942/1977, born 20th January 1882,
Thakurani Lad Kanwar, daughter of Shekhawat Thakur
Phool Singh of
died sp, married 2ndly,
Ratan Kanwar Badgujar of Tashin in Alwar and had
issue, one son and
sixx daughters, all by 2nd
He died 1977.
Baisa Mohan Kanwar, born 1925, married Naruka
Mohan Singh, son of Thakur Madhav Singh of Dhiptu.
Baisa Pane Kanwar [Thakurani Panney Kanwar of
Alsisar], born 16th December 1927, married Thakur
Arjun Singh of Alsisar,
and had issue.
Baisa Gajender Kanwar, born 7th September 1929,
married Naruka Thakur Udaibhan Singh, son of Thakur
Arjun Singh of Garh
Baisa Budh Kanwar, born 1931, married Shekhawat
Thakur Mahavir Singh of Kolida.
Baisa Gyan Kanwar, born 1933, married Khangarot
Thakur Daulat Singh, son of Thakur Amar Singh of
Thakur Mohan Singh (qv)
- Baisa Ganga Kanwar, born 1923, married Rajawat
Raghubir Singh, son of Thakur Nathu Singh of
- Thakur MOHAN SINGH,
5th Thakur of Kanota 1977/-; born 1937, co-author of
`Reversing the Gaze', a book based on
diary of Thakur Amar Singh of Kanota, he was awarded
the Maharaja Sawai
Singh Award, 27th October 2001; he married Thakurani
daughter of Gogawat Rao Bhagwat Singh of Duni, and
had issue, two sons and five daughters.He died 28th
- Baisa Krishna Kumari, born 8th March 1960, married
1981, Khangarot Kunwar Yudhbir Singh, son of Rawal
Ajit Singh of Jobner, and has issue, two sons.
- Baisa Vijay Kumari, born 26th April 1963, married
Naruka Kunwar Karan Singh, son of Thakur Bhim Singh
of Mahru, and has issue, one son.
- Thakur Man Singh (qv)
- Baisa Uma Kumari, born 28th August 1967, married
Hada Kunwar Jitendra Singh, son of Thakur Karan
Singh of Pipalda, and has issue, one son and one
- Baisa Marudhar Kanwar, born 5th February 1969,
married Kanwar Mahander Singhji Pachar, and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Thakur Prithvi Singh, born 18th January 1971,
February 1996, Kunwarani Prathiba Jhala of Bari
Sadri, and has issue.
- Kkanwar Mormukut Singh Rathore
- Baisa Madhu Kanwar, born 25th December 1972,
married Kanwar Surandar Singh of Sonthiya in M.P.,
and has issue, two daughters.
- Thakur MAN SINGH,
6th Thakur of Kanota (see above)