|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
of the family was Raja Mahendra Singh, the deposed Raja of
Kumaon, who was forced to flee. Provision was made for the
retention by the exiled family of some doubtful tenure of
a portion of the Tarai for their subsistence. Raja
Mahendra Singh retired first to Rudrapur and then to
Kilpuri, but, owing to bad management, this Pargana was
reduced to a swamp, and was rendered so unhealthy that on
the petition of the representatives of the family to the
British Government, it was exchanged for the confirmation
of possession in taluqa Chachait in Pilibhit district.
Kunwar Partab Singh, son of Mahendra Singh, sued his
uncle, Lal Singh, for a share in Chachait, but his claim
was dismissed. He then petitioned the Government, who gave
him 250Rs per mensem in 1820 and his claim to Bazpur was
also denied. Lal Singh had held possession as head of the
family and retained it. Estate holders were....
- Raja GUMAN SINGH,
Raja of Kashipur, son of Raja Lal Singh of Kumaon, he
received a sanad
from the British Government on 7th November 1828,
confirming him as Raja, married and had issue. He died
- Raja SHIV RAJ SINGH,
C.S.I., Raja of Kashipur 1836/1886, he built a large
house in Kashipur in 1840, and took up residence
there; he came of age in 1841; in 1848 resigned the
lease of two parganas and bought a large amount of
land in Kashipur; and he rendered good service during
the Mutiny of 1857, and was rewarded with a grant of
land and remission of some revenue due; in 1866, he
exchanged Chachait for the Barhapura estate in Bijnor (59,508 acres or 238 kmē),
formerly held by the rebel Nawab of Afzalgarh, the
greater part of this property was held revenue-free in
perpetuity; he was created a C.S.I. (Order of the Star
of India) in 1866; married (amongst others), a
daughter of Raja Shamsher Singh
of Bashahr, and had
issue. He died on 10th October 1886 (#1).
- Raja Hari Raj Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Kirat Singh, he held an estate of three villages as well as seven villages in Bijnor district and Moradabad district; married the elder daughter
of Rao Karan Singh, Rao Saheb of Barauli, she died sp, he died
- Kunwar Karan Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Bhopal Singh, he held an estate of six villages as well as eleven villages in Bijnor district; he died after 1928.
- Kunwar Anand Singh, freedom fighter and Member
of Parliament at the time of Independence;
married 1stly, married 2ndly, in Almora,
Kunwarani Vimla Kumari [Princess Mathway,
daughter of the Limbin Mintha of Burma], and had
issue. He died after 1947.
- Kunwar Sundar Singh (by 1st marriage)
- Kunwar Suriya Pratap Singh (by Vimla
Kumari), married a daughter of a Naga Chief.
- Kunwar Birendra Singh (by Vimla Kumari),
born 1937, married Kanwarani Kiran Kumari, and
had issue. He died 2004.
- Kunwar Dway Singh
- Kunwar Lat Singh
- Kunwar Raghunath Singh (by the Bashar Rani),
declared heir to the gaddi of Bashahr, but
was removed from the succession shortly
- Rajkumari (name unknown),
eldest daughter, married in 1867, Cdg. Gen.
Maharaja Sri Tin Jagat Jung Bahadur Rana, 2nd
Maharaja of Kaski and Lambjung see Nepal (Rana).
- Raja HARI RAJ SINGH,
Raja of Kashipur 1886/1898, born 1857, Honorary
Magistrate, married (a), the daughter of Shri Kupendra
Bikram Shah of Nepal, married (b), a daughter of Raja
Balbir Sen of Keonthal,
and had issue. He died 1898.
- Raja Uday Raj Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Anand Singh
- Raja UDAY RAJ SINGH,
Raja of Kashipur, born 15th February 1883, he
succeeded to the gadi
on 8th September 1898; he relinquished the estate in
1925 in favour of his son; married [an aunt or
sister of the two wives of King Tribhuvan of Nepal],
and had issue. He died before 1932.
- Maharajkumari Bhagirath Devi, married in February
1923, Lt.-Col. Sir Maharajkumar Dr. Vijayananda
Gajapathi Raju of Vizianagram,
and had issue.
- Rani Hira Kumari Devi, married in June 1924, Raja
Purna Chandra Deo Harishchandra Jagadev of Surangi, and had
issue, two sons and three daughters.
- Maharajkumari Sita Devi [Rani Sita Devi of
Kapurthala], born 1915, married 1928, Maharajkumar
Karamjit Singh of Kapurthala,
and had issue. She died 2002 at New Delhi.
- Raja Harish Chand Raj Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Raghunath Singh
- Rajkumar Chandra Bhan Singh, married, Rajkumar
Rani Rashal Manjari Devi, daughter of Raja Raj
Ballav Nath Singh of Kunda in Bihar, and had issue.
- Kumari Geeta Devi, born 1946, married Raj Kumar
Shivendra Bahadur Singh, son of Maj. Raja Bahadur
Birendra Bahadur Singh of Khairagarh, and has
- Kanwar Akshob Singh, born 1947, educated at St.
Stephen's College in New Delhi, married Shri
Satwashilaraje Shahumaharaj Bhonsle, daughter of
Chhatrapati Shri Shahumaharaj Bhonsle, Raja of Satara, and his
wife, Rani Sumitraraje, and has issue, three
children, a son and two daughters.
- Kumari Aisha Singh, married to the son of
Kanwar Rattanjit Singh of Kapurthala.
- Kumari Amolika Singh, married to Shri Patankar
- Kumar Sheoraj Singh
- Kunwar Rajive Singh, married Kunwarani Jyotsna
Kumari, born 27th February 1958, daughter of Raja
Virbhadra Singh of Rampur-Bushahr, and his
first wife, Rani Rattan Kumari, and has issue.
- Kumari Yashodhara Manjari Devi, born 29th
- Bhanwar Aditya Raj Singh
- Raja HARISH CHAND
RAJ SINGH, Raja of Kashipur, born 15th March
1916; married Rani Padma Devi, and had issue.
- Raja Karan Chand Singh Baba (qv)
- Rajkumari Nanda Devi, born 13th February 1940,
married 1stly (div.), Shri Man Mohan Bikram Shah of
married 2ndly, Shri Dhruv K.C., and has issue.
- Sangeeta Shah (by 1st marriage)
- Sanjay Bikram Shaha (by 1st marriage)
- Saranga Shah (by 1st marriage)
- Namrata K.C. (by 2nd marriage)
- Pratibha K.C. (by 2nd marriage)
- Raja KARAN CHAND
SINGH BABA, Raja of Kashipur (see above)
- Raja Anrup Singh, Raja Saheb of Chatara, Barhgaon,
District Sitapur-Oudh, married and had issue.
- Rajkumar Arjun Singh, married and had issue.
- Rajkumari (name
unknown) [HM Queen Kanti Rajya Lakshmi
Devi, Senior Queen], born 1906, married (as his
first wife), HM Shri Man Maharajadhirja Sri Sri
Sri Maharaja Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Jung Bahadur
Shah Dev, 7th King of Nepal, and had issue. She
died 12th April 1973.
- Rajkumari (name
unknown) [HM Queen Ishwari Rajya Lakshmi
Devi, Junior Queen], married (as his second wife),
HM Shri Man Maharajadhirja Sri Sri Sri Maharaja
Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Jung Bahadur Shah Dev, 7th
King of Nepal, and had issue.
- Rajkumari (name
unknown), married Raja Uday Raj Singh,
Raja of Kashipur, and had issue (see above).