LOCATION: ChattisgarhAREA: 2,084.95 km² VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: 77,253 (1941) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 92,936 (1890-91) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Raj Gond SEAT: Palace Kawardha ACCESSION: 1st January 1948
AGENCY: Chhattisgarh States Agency PRIVY PURSE: Rs 63,800
PRESENT RULER: Raja YOGESHWAR SINGH, present Raja Saheb of Kawardha since 14th May 2007 (Palace Kawardha, Kawardha - 491995, Distt. Rajnandgaon, Madhya Pradesh, India)
born 1967, a Congress MLA of Kawardha, married 19th February 2003, Rani Kriti Devi [née Maharaj Kumari Kriti Deb Burman], born 3rd June 1971, younger daughter of HH Bisam-Samar-Bijayi Mahamahodya Pancha-Srijukta Maharaja Kirit Bikram Kishore Dev Varman Manikya Bahadur of Tripura, and his second wife, HH Maharani Bibhu Kumari Devi, and has issue.
- Yuvaraj Mikhileshwar Singh, born 2nd April 2004 at Calcutta, West Bengal.
- Thakur MAHABALI SINGH, Thakur of Kawardha 1751/1801
- Thakur UJIYAR SINGH, Thakur of Kawardha 1801/1848
- Thakur TOK SINGH,
Thakur of Kawardha 1848/1852
- Thakur BAIJNATH SINGH, Thakur of Kawardha fl.1860, married and had issue.
- Thakur Bahadur Singh (qv)
- Thakur Ram Singh (qv)
- Thakur RAM SINGH, Thakur of Pandaria -/1863, married and had issue.
- Thakur Rajpal Singh (qv)
- Thakur Gajpal Singh, Thakur of Pandaria.
- Thakur BAHADUR
SINGH, Thakur of Kawardha 1863/1864, he was
recognized as the Chief of Kawardha in 1863, but died
the following year in 1864.
- Thakur RAJPAL SINGH,
Thakur of Kawardha 1864/1891, born 13th November 1849,
he was 13th in descent from Raja Sham Chand, he
succeeded to the gadi
on 11th December 1874 (#1),
in consequence of his maladministration, he was
removed from power in 1884. He died 31st December 1891
and was succeeded by his nephew.
- Thakur JADUNATH SINGH, Thakur of Kawardha 1891/1920, born 1885 as Kritpal Singh, married and had issue. He died 1920.
- Raja Dharamraj Singh (qv)
- Raja DHARAMRAJ SINGH, Raja of Kawardha 1920/- , born 18th August 1910 and succeeded to the gadi on 4th February 1920 (#2), he was invested with ruling powers on 15th April 1932; educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur, where he took the Chief's Diploma in 1931; married in February 1932, a daughter of Thakur Janarohan Singh, Jagirdar in Maihar State, and had issue, two sons and one daughter. He died 20th August 1959.
- Raja Vishwaraj Pratap Singh (qv)
- Raja VISHWARAJ PRATAP SINGH, Raja of Kawardha 1959/2007, educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur, he succeeded to the gadi of Kawardha on the death of his father on 20th August 1959, M.L.A. (Madhya Pradesh), Member of the Executive Committee of Rajkumar College at Raipur, married Rani Shashi Prabha Devi, younger daughter of Raja Ganga Pratap Singh, Taluqdar of Mallanpur (now the Rajmata of Kawardha), and had issue. He died 14th May 2007 at Durg.
- Raja YOGESHWAR SINGH, Raja of Kawardha (see above)
- Kumar Shri Yashwant Raj Singh of Kawardha, M.L.A. (Madhya Pradfesh).