|AREA: 56.98 kmē
|AGENCY: Punjab Hills
|| PRESENT RULER: Rana OMKAR CHAND (Photo), Rana
Sahib of Khaneti since 1998 (The Palace, Deori,
Khaneti, District Simla, Himachal Pradesh, India)
born 24th February 1947 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, and
succeeded to the throne on the death of his father on 2nd
November 1998, educated at Solan, married 7th May 1980,
Kumari Ahilya Kumari [Rani Sahiba Ahilya Kumari of
Khaneti], daughter of Major Kanwar Inder Singh of Koti, and his wife,
Kanwarani Sita Devi, and has issue, two sons.
- Tikka Gaurav Chand (Photo),
born in February 1982, married in 2008, Kumari Madhvi
Kumari (Tikkarani Madhvi Kumari of Khaneti), daughter
of Kanwar Raj Pal Singh of Bashahr, and his wife,
Kanwarani Romila Kumari, and has issue, a daughter.
- Kanwar Saurav Singh, in born March 1984, presently
(2007) undertaking an M.B.A. in Australia.
Rana Saran Chand,
Rana of Khaneti 1858/1888
Rana Amogh Chand,
Rana of Khaneti 1899/1961
Rani Devendra Kumari,
Rani of Khaneti
Kanwarani Surti Devi
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: A
Shimla Hill state tributary to Bashahr, founded about the
the 10th century. Rulers were....
- Rana UGGAN CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti, married and had issue.
- Rana Sansar Chand of Karangla, married and had
issue, the Thakurs of Karangla, said to represent
the senior branch of the Kumharsain, Kotkhai and
- Rana Sabir Chand, married and had issue.
- Several Generations
- Rana Duni Chand of Khaneti
- Rana Ahimal Singh of Kotgarh and Kotkhai.
- Rana Jai Singh of Kumharsain.
- Rana TARA CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti fl.1495
- Rana BIR CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti fl.1550
- Rana PARTAB CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti
- Rana RASAL CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti 1802/1829, the state was overrun by
the Gurkhas in 1803 until 1815, and during that time,
the Rana was in self imposed exile at Bashahr; married
and had issue. He died 1829.
- Rana Nain Chand (qv)
- Kumari (name unknown) [Rani Chandra Kuar of
Kotkhai], married Rana Bhagwan Singh of Kotkhai, and had issue.
- Rana NAIN CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti 1829/1858, married and had issue. He
- Rana Saran Chand (qv)
- Mian Puran Singh
- Mian Bhagirat Singh
- Mian Alam Singh
- Rana SARAN CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti 1858/1888 (Photo),
married and had issue. He died 1888.
- Rana Lal Chand (qv)
- Mian Zalim Singh, born 1864, Regent for his
- Kumari (name unknown), married Thakur
Narindar Singh of Delath,
and had issue.
- Rana LAL CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti 1888/1899, born 1861, of unsound mind,
the state was under the control of his brother,
married and had issue. He died 1899.
- Rana Amogh Chand (qv)
- Kumari Kamla Kumari, married Rana Jai Singh of Kotkhai, and had issue.
- Rana AMOGH CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti 1899/1961 (Photo), born 1891,
educated at Aitchison College, Lahore [xx.10.1905] -
[xx.6.1909]; married seven wives, including
Rani Rukmani Devi,
and had issue, eight
children. He died 1961.
- Tikka Bahadur Chand, he died vpsp.
- Rajkumari Gajgamini, married into Isanagar
- Rana Krishan Chand (qv)
- Rajkumar Tilak Raj Singh, married and had issue.
- Kumari Kiran Bala Kumari, married Kanwar
Pradyuman Singh of Kotkhai.
- Kumari Vijay Jyoti Kumari, born 14th September
1971 in Khaneti, married 18th February 1994 in
Junga, Raja Veer Vikram Sen of Keonthal, and has
- Rajkumari Sharda Devi, married Rana Raghubir Singh
- Rajkumar Vikram Singh, married (a), Rajkumarani
Vidhya Devi, daughter of Kanwar Katar Singh of
Jubbal, married (b), Rajkumarani Maheshwari Kumari,
daughter of Rajkumar Durga Singh of Jubbal.
- Rajkumar Lakha Singh (by Rani Rukmani Devi), married
Kanwarani Chandramani Devi, and had issue, four daughters and one son.
- Kumari Sheela Devi
- Kumari Anusuiya Devi
- Kumari Raksha Devi
- Kanwar Yashpal Singh
- Kumari Meenakshi Devi
- Rajkumari Sumitra Kumari
Rana KRISHAN CHAND, Rana of Khaneti
1961/1998, born 1921, installed on the gaddi in
1962, educated at the Dharamsala College, married Rani
Devendra Kumari (Photo),
daughter of Kanwar Shiv Singh of Ghund, and his wife,
Kanwarani Surti Devi (Photo),
daughter of Kanwar Gulab Singh of Jubbal, and had issue,
eleven children. He died 2nd November 1998.
- Tikka (now the Rana Sahib) Omkar Chand (qv)
- Raj Kumar Someshwar Singh, born 1951, educated at
Solan, obtained a degree as a Bachelor of Arts
(B.A.) and is an agriculturist, married in June
1984, Kumari Vidya Kumari, daughter of Mian Kaur
Singh of Jubbal, and his wife, Kanwarani Chandra
Kanta, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, born in February 1987.
- Kunwar Aditya Singh
- Raj Kumari Chandra Prabha Kumari, born 1953,
married 1968, Thakur Vijay Chand of Beja State.
- Raj Kumar Verinder Singh, born 1956, educated at
Solan, married 7th April 1987, Kumari Sarla Kumari,
daughter of Kanwar Devi Singh of Kashu in Theog, and
his wife, Kanwarani Satya Devi.
- Raj Kumari Sneh Prabha Kumari, born 1957, married,
Kanwar Surinder Singh of Jubbal, born
1953, and has issue, three daughters.
- Raj Kumari Kanti Prabha Kumari, born 1957, married
1985, Lieutenant Kanwar Lalit Kumar Singh of
Manswal, and has issue, one daughter.
- Kumari Ganeshwari Kumari, born 1987.
- Raj Kumar Bhuvaneshwar Singh, born 1960, educated
at Deori, married and has issue, two sons.
- Raj Kumari Kirti Prabha Kumari, born 1963.
- Raj Kumari Shashi Prabha Kumari, born 1967,
married and has issue, two sons.
- Raj Kumar Bhopinder Singh, born 1968, educated at
Deori, married and has issue, two daughters.
- Kumari Geetanjali Kumari
- Kumari Nandini Kumari
- Raj Kumar Lokinder Singh, born 1973, educated at
Chandigarh Khalsa College, married and has issue.
- Rana OMKAR CHAND,
Rana of Khaneti (see above)
- Kumari Rajeshwari Kumari, married Kanwar Kuldeep
Singh of Jubbal, born
1962, and has issue, two sons.