|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: A
state founded before 1697 and feudatory to Kalat. Become
independent of Kalat in 1940, acceded to Pakistan on 17th
March 1948 and was dissolved on 14th October 1955. Rulers
- Mir RAHMAT KHAN -/1711, died 1711.
- Miur PURDIL KHAN 1711/1747 or 1711/1759
- Mir ABBAS KHAN II 1747? and 1764/1796
- Mir SHAHDAD KHAN II 1747/1759 or 1759/1764
- Mir ABBAS KHAN II 1764/1796
- Mir JAHANGIR KHAN 1796/1804 (deposed), succeeded by
adoption, died 1806.
- Mir ABBAS KHAN III 1810/1833 or 1804/1835, died
- Khan Mir AZAD KHAN 1833/1885, born 1794, died 1885.
- Khan Sir Mir NOWRUZ KHAN Bahadur [Nauroz Khan]
K.C.I.E., 1885/1909, born 1855, died 1909.
- Khan Sahib Mir MUHAMMED YAQUB KHAN 1909/1911, born
1873, married and had issue. He was assasinated 19th
- Sardar Bahadur Nawab Mir Habiballah Khan (qv)
- Khan Sahib Amir Khan
- Nawabzada Shahbaz Khan Nowsherani, born in Kharan
city, served as the President of Kalat State
National Party in 1937/38. Joined the Baloch League
in 1946. Joined Muslim League in 1948 and People’s
Party in 1974.
The help of John Duncan McMeekin, is gratefully
acknowledged, January 2011.
- Sardar Bahadur
Nawab Mir HABIBALLAH KHAN, Khan of Kharan
1911/1958, born 1897, succeeded 17th September 1911,
he was granted the title of Sardar in 1911, the title
of Sardar Bahadur in 1919 and Nawab in 1921; married a
daughter of Mir Sultan Jan Nowsherani, and had issue.
He died 1958.
- Nawabzada Mir Azad Khan, born 1st December 1914.
- Nawabzada Mir Mustafa Khan Nausherwani, born 1915,
married and had issue. He died 196x.
- Sahibzada Ghulam Mustafa Khan Nausherwani, born
in or about 1936.