LOCATION: Madhya Pradesh AREA: 707.07 kmē VILLAGES: 283 POPULATION: 45,583 (1931) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 2,92,000 (1934) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Chauhan - Khichi clan SEAT: xx ACCESSION: 15th June 1948
AGENCY: Central India States Agency 1854/1947 PRIVY PURSE: Rs 60,000
PRESENT RULER: HH Raja Rao Bahadur PRIYAVRAT SINGH, present Raja of Khilchipur since 31st July 2006.
born 5th December 1977, M.L.A., installed on the gaddi on 14th August 2006, married 8th December 2004 in Jaipur, HH Rani Vinati Kumari, daughter of Maharaj Saheb Ambikapratap Singhji of Banswara, and his wife, Rani Saheb Shree Kumari, daughter of HH Maharaja Saheb Sumer Singhji of Kishangarh, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Vaibhavi Kumari, born 4th September 2007 in Jaipur.
- Dewan ANUP SINGH, Dewan of Khilchipur 1679/1715
- Dewan FATEH SINGH,
Dewan of Khilchipur 1718/1738, married and had issue, the Jagirdars of Baorikheda.
- Dewan of Khilchipur 1738/1770
- Dewan ABHAI SINGH, Dewan of Khilchipur 1770/1787, he lost some territories in 1770 when he was forced to make terms with Maharaja Scindia.
- Dewan DIP SINGH,
Dewan of Khilchipur 1787/-
- Dewan DURJAN SAL (by Rani Gauriji), Dewan of Khilchipur -/1819, married 1stly, Rani Rajawatiji, married 2ndly, Rani Umatiji. He died sp in 1819.
- Dewan BALWANT SINGH,
Dewan of Khilchipur in 1819, he was placed on the
throne by the mother and wife of the late Dewan, but
an enquiry by the British authorities found Thakur
Aman Singh to be more suitable, but because he was
feuding with his relatives, his infant son was place
on the throne instead.
- Dewan SHER SINGH, Dewan of Khilchipur 1819/1868, born about 1814, son of Thakur Aman Singh, a nearer relative of Dewan Durjan Sal. He died 1868.
- Rao Bahadur AMAR SINGHJI, Rao Bahadur of Khilchipur 1868/1899, born 1834, he succeeded his uncle to the gadi on 27th November 1868 (#1), Rao Bahadur (Hereditary) [cr. xx.4.1873], he abolished all transit duties in the state in 1884, except those on opium; he married and had issue.
- Rao Bahadur Bhawani Singh (qv)
- Maharaj Karan Singh
- Maharaj Hate Singh, married and had issue. He died before 1935.
- Kunwar Vishwanath Singh, born 27th May 1912, he was adopted in 1920
by the widowed Rani of Raja Krishnapal Singh of
Asothar, and succeeded there as Raja Vishwanath
Singh, Raja Saheb of Asothar
- Rao Bahadur BHAWANI SINGH, Rao of Khilchipur 1899/1908, married and had issue.
- Raja Rao Sir Durjansal Singh (qv)
- Raja Rao Bahadur Sir DURJANSAL SINGH K.C.I.E., Raja of Khilchipur 1908/1942, born 26th August 1897 and succeeded to the gadi on 19th January 1908 (#2), educated at Daly College, Indore, he also received administrative training in the Central Provinces; he was invested with ruling powers on 23rd February 1918, he was granted the title of Raja as a hereditary distinction in 1928, he was made a K.C.I.E. in 1937, married 1916, a daughter of HH Raja Sir Jashwant Singhji Bahadur Sahib, Raja of Sailana, and had issue. He died 1942.
- HH Raja Rao Bahadur Yashodar Singh (qv)
- HH Raja Rao Bahadur
YASHODAR SINGH, Raja of Khilchipur 1942/1961,
born 6th March 1918, educated at Daly College, Indore;
President of the General Council (Daly College)
1955/1959; married 1937, HH Rani Saraswati Devi,
daughter of Raja Bahadur Bhagwant Singh, Yuvaraj Saheb
of Orchha, and had
issue. He died 25th December 1961
- Rajkumari Indu Kumari [Rani Indu Kumari of
Rawatsar], born 15th July 1938, married 25th
February 1963 in Khilchipur, Wing Cdr. (retd.) Rawat
Ghanshyam Singhji of Rawatsar,
and has issue, two children.
- Rajkumari Meenakshi Kumari, married the Late Rajkumar Sahib Arjun Singh of Barwari Bihar.
- HH Raja Rao Bahadur Bhartendra Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari Jaishree Kumari [Princess Pinky], born 28th May 1955 in Indore, married 10th November 1981 in New Delhi, Maharaj Saheb Prithviraj Singhji, born 1955, son of HH Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Sumar Singh Bahadur of Kishangarh, and has issue, two sons.
- Rajkumar Kraturaj Singh, born 5th October 1985.
- Rajkumar Adhiraj Singh, born 24th January 1991.
- HH Raja Rao Bahadur BHARTENDRA SINGH, Raja of Khilchipur 1961/-, born 9th April 1945, married 20th May 1970, Maharajkumari Gayatri Kumari [HH Rani Gayatri Kumari of Khilchipur, now Rajmata Gayatri Kumari], daughter of HH Maharaja Lokendra Krishan Singh Ju Dev of Datia, and had issue.
- Maj. HH Raja Rao Bahadur Devvrat Singh (qv)
- HH Raja Rao Bahadur Priyavrat Singh (qv)
- Maj. HH Raja Rao Bahadur DEVVRAT SINGH, Raja of Khilchipur -/2006, born 21st January 1972, married 4th February 1999, HH Rani Yogeshwari Kumari of Dungarpur, and had issue. He died of a brain haemorrhage on 31st July 2006 in Ethiopia in Northern Africa, and was accorded a state funeral in India at Khilchipur.
- Rajkumari Katyayni Kumari, born 2002.
- HH Raja Rao Bahadur PRIYAVRAT SINGH, Raja of Khilchipur (see above)
- Rani Sev Kunwar, married (as his eleventh wife),
Raja Bhim Singh I of Banera.
- Rajkumar (name unknown), married Baiji Lal (name unknown) Kumari, daughter of Raja Mangal Singh Bahadur of Bhinai.