LOCATION: Rajasthan AREA: 2,222.22 km˛ VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: 85,744 (1931) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 7,50,000 DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Rathore - Jodha clan - Kishansinghot subclan SEAT: xx ACCESSION: 7th April 1949
AGENCY: xx PRIVY PURSE: Rs 1,36,000
born 22nd August 1953 in Kishangarh, married 9th November 1981, HH Maharani Meenakshi Devi, daughter of Thakur Sahib Kalyan Singhji of Gagret, and has issue, two daughters.
- Maharajkumari Vaishnavi Kumari, married 25th January 2011 in Kishangarh, Kumar Shri Padmanav Sinh Jadeja, son of Rajkumar Upendrasinhji Shivrajsinhji of Gondal.
- Maharajkumari Sarveshwari Kumari
- Raja KISHAN SINGH, 1st Raja of Kishangarh 1611/1615, born 1575, son of Maharaja Udai Singh of Jodhpur, he founded the town of Kishangarh, which became the capital of the state; married and had issue. He died 1615.
- Raja Sahas Mal (qv)
- Raja Jag Mal (qv)
- Rajkumar Bhar Mal, founder of Babera chiefdom (where he saw a goat fighting a tiger and he established a fort at that site), he was an Imperial Mansabdar of 1000 zat and 600 sawar, he married 1stly, Rani Shekhawatji, daughter of Raja Hariram Shekhawat of Mundru, and his wife, Rajkumari Ratna Gaur of Maroth, and granddaughter of Raja Raisal Shekhawat of Amarsar, and his wife, Rajkumari Kisnawati Nirban of Khandela, married 2ndly, Rani Bhawaldeji, married 3rdly, Rani Suhagde, married 4thly, Rani Suryade, and had issue. He died in 1630 in Jafarabad of South India, when all his wives committed sati (#7).
- Raja Rup Singh [aka Roop Singh] (by Rani Shekhawatiji)(qv)
- Raja Hari Singh (qv)
- Rani Kusum Kanwar, born 161x, married (as his 7th wife), Raja Birsingh Deo, 3rd Raja of Khandela 1630/1663, and had issue, one daughter.
- Umdae Rajahi Raja Man Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari Baijilal Charumati, married Maharana Raj Singhji I Bahadur, 16th Maharana of Udaipur.
- Rajkumari Baijilal (name unknown), married Prince Mu'azzam of Delhi (later Padshah Alamgir I).
- Umdae Rajahi Buland Makan Raja Raj Singh Bahadur
- Rajkumar Sukh Singh, he died vpsp.
- Rajkumar Fateh Singh, he drove the Gaur Rajputs
out of Fatehgarh and made it his estate; married and
had issue, the Thakur Sahibs of Fatehgarh (see
below). He died vpsp.
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Sawant Singh (qv)
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Bahadur Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Bir Singhj, he was granted six villages (Gangwana, Uttra, Mangra, Mangri, Sarara and Arkada) by the Maharaja of Gwalior for his bravery at the Battle of Panipat, he was axpelled by his brother and was left with only Ralaota, a jagir of six villages; married Rani Chand Kunwar, born 1738, died 1767, daughter of Rao Raja Sahib Shri Raj Singh of Sikar, and had issue, two sons (see Ralayata). He died 1761 at the third Battle of Panipat.
- Maharaj Amar Singh, he received three villages
in jagir from the Marathas, namely Surana, Mugri
and Ararka, but they were subsequently
- Maharaj Surat Singh, he received three villages in jagir from the Marathas, namely Gangwana, Untra and Magra, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Jaswant Singh, he succeeded to Ralayata / Ralaota.
- Maharaj Arjan Singh, he succeeded to Gangwana (7,000Rs revenue in total (1940)); married and had issue.
- Maharaj Balwant Singh, Raja of Gangwana, the Gangwana estate was divided between the two brothers, and shares are still held by their descendants; he was conferred with the title of Raja in 1877 as a personal distinction, and his family enjoy the title by courtesy; married and had issue.
- Raja Bijai Singh, Raja of Gangwana -/1911, married and had adoptive issue. He died sp in 1911.
- (A) Raja Kalyan Singh, Raja of
Gangwana 1911/-, born 1894, educated at
Mayo College, Ajmer;
- Maharaj Sher Singh, the Gangwana estate was divided between the two brothers, and shares are still held by their descendants.
- Maharaj Sardul Singhji, Raja of
Gangwana, married, Rani Sahiba Shirngar
Kunwar, and had issue.
- Raja Aman Singh, Raja of Gangwana. He
died 1st June 1930.
- Baijilal Rajkumari Swaroop Kunwar, married Maharaj Shri Shakti Singhji, 7th Thikanedar of Bagore, and had issue.
- HH Maharaja Sajjan Singh, Maharana of Udaipur.
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Sardar Singh (qv)
- (A) Umdae
Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Birad Singh (qv)
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Birad Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Bhag Singh, he was granted the estate of Fatehgarh in succession to Maharaj Fateh Singh; married and had issue.
- Maharaj Chand Singh of Fatehgarh, he claimed to
be independent of Kishangarh, in the grounds that
his father was considered as his equal by the Raja
of Kishangarh, who had a Maratha force attack
Fatehgarh though with no success, then Raja Kalyan
Singh of Kishangarh also attacked Fatehgarh with
the same result, the British Government ruled that
Fatehgarh was a feudatory of Kishangarh and had no
claim to independence; married and had issue. He
- Maharaj Bhopal Singh of Fatehgarh, married and had issue.
- Rajkumari (name
unknown) [Rani Jodhpuriji of Banera],
married (as his first wife), Raja Sangram
Singh of Banera,
and had issue, one daughter.
- Maharaj Gopal Singh of Zorawarpura, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Bairi Sal of Zorawarpura, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Kesri Singh of Zorawarpura, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Gulab Singh of Zorawarpura, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Budh Singh of Zorawarpura, married and had issue.
- HH Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Sumer Singhji Bahadur (qv)
- Rajkumari Brijraj Kanwar [?married Thakur Jait Singh of Khandela-Junior, born 23rd March 1903 (17th April 1902), died 31st October 1982, and had issue.]
- Maharaj Jagjit Singh Sahib, married Baiji Lal Kamlesh Kanwar, eldest daughter of Raja Sahib Prahlad Singhji, Raja of Jaoli, and his wife, Rani Saubhagya Kanwar, and has issue, one son.
- Maharaj Samrath Singh Sahib, married Baiji Lal Mithlesh Kumari, second daughter of Raja Sahib Prahlad Singhji, Raja of Jaoli, and his wife, Rani Saubhagya Kanwar, and has issue, three daughters.
- Maharaj Bhim Singh, he received Fatehgarh in jagir (18 villages, 50,000Rs revenue in 1893), married and had issue.
- [?Kumari (name
unknown), married Maharajkumar Dip Singh of Pratapgarh,
and had issue.]
- Several generations
- Maharaj Govardhan Singh of Fatehgarh
1873/1883, married and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Maharaj Man Singh of Fatehgarh 1883/-, adoptive son and second cousin, born about 1873, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; married Rani Vijay Kanwar, daughter of Rawat Amar Singhji of Meja.
- Several generations
- Maharaj (name
unknown) Singh, married a daughter of
Maharajkumar Amar Singh of Udaipur, and had
- HH Maharaja Prithvi Singh (see below)
- Maharaj Mangal Singh, married and had issue.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married
1863, Maharaj Shri Samdar Singhji Sahib,
Thakur Saheb of Netawal,
and had issue. She died 1912.
- Maharani Swaroop Kunwari, married Maharawat Sawant
Singh of Pratapgarh,
and had issue.
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Pratap Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari (name
unknown), married (as his fourth wife),
Raja Hameer Singh of Banera.
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Kalyan Singh (qv)
- Thakur Abhai Singh, he was one of the ministers
that helped to administer the state during the
minority of Maharaja Prithvi Singh.
- Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Raja Mokham Singh (qv)
- HH Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Sadul Singh (qv)
- Maharaj Dixit Jawan Singh of Karkheri (an estate of 8 villages and an income of 32,000Rs, granted in 1878), born 1861, married Rani Takhat Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Anand Singh of Mandawa-Junior, and his wife, Thakurani Gopal Kanwar, and had issue.
- HH Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Yagyanarayan Singh Bahadur (see below)
- Rajkumari (name unknown), engaged to the younger brother of the Maharao of Bundi (1892)
- Sardar Sujan Singh, born 1894, married and had
issue, three sons.
- Maharaj Raghunath Singh of Dhasuk (6 villages and
20,000Rs), born 1872, succeded to the estate of
Dhasuk by adoption in 1883; C.I.E. [cr.1911]. He
- Maharajkumari (name unknown), married HH Maharana Sajjan Singh of Udaipur.
- Maharajkumari (name unknown), married 1877, HH Shri Sawai Maharaja Sir Mangal Singh Virendra Shiromani Dev of Alwar.
- Maharajkumari (name unknown), married 1881, HH Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh II of Jaipur. She died 25th March 1893.
- Maharajkumari (name unknown), born 1879, married 1887, HH Maharaja Rana Zalim Singh of Jhalawar. She died sp in 1900.
- Maharajkumar Raj Singh, died aged five years, in March 1878.
- Lt.-Col. HH Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Maharajadhiraj Maharaja Sir Madan Singhji Bahadur (qv)
- Maharajkumari Sugan Kunwar, married 8th December 1897, Col. HH Raj Rishi Shri Maharaja Sawai Sir Jai Singh Virendra Shiromani Dev Bharat Dharam Prabhakar of Alwar. She died 20th May 1921.
- Rao Raja Anand Singhji (by a paswanji), born 1874 in Kishangarh, married and had issue, two sons. He died 24th April 1923.
- Rao Raja Bijai Jubileelal Singhji, born 1897, he was named in honour of the Diamond Jubilee of HM Queen Victoria; educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; he was granted the jagir of Thal, married and had issue, two sons.
- Rao Raja Virendra Singhji, born 14th February 1922 in Kishangarh, educated at Lucknow University (B.A. in Kathak dance), married Rani Amba Kanwar, daughter of Maharaj Saheb Balwant Singhji of Pratapgarh, and had issue, one son and three daughtes. He died 12th June 1974.
- Rao Raja Amar Singhji, born 13th December 1965, educated privately, married Ranisa Chandra Kanwar, daughter of Maharaj Saheb Bhairav Singhji of Bhojpur (Banera), and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Yuvraj Kunwar Nilendra Singh, born 21st Aug 1988 in Jaipur, educated at Sainik School, Chittorgarh and at Mayo College, Ajmer; gold medalist in Zonal Football Championship, Rewa and music production from Delhi; married 7th February 2012, Kuranisa Sonu Kanwar.
- Baijilal Neha Kanwar B.Com., born 24th
- Kumari Indra Kanwar, married Rajkumar Vikram Singhji, son of Maharaj Saheb Bhairav Singhji Ranawat of Bhojpur (Banera).
- Kumari Pramendra Kanwar, married Raja Saheb Hem Singhji Rajawat, son of late Raja Dulat Singhji of Sunara (Niwai Tonk).
- Kumari Bhimendra Kanwar, married Kunwar Saheb Manohar Singhji, son of Thakur Mohan Singhji Hada of Pachipala (Bundi).
- Rao Raja Mahendra Singhji, born 9th November
1933 at Thal Kishangarh Haveli, Choura Rasta,
Jaipur, married and had issue, two sons and two
daughters. He died 26th April 2012.
- Rao Raja Vankat Raman Ramanuj Prasad Singhji, born 1907.
- Maharajkumari Dhrupad Kunwari, married 18th February 1925, HH Bandhwesh Maharaja Sir Ghulab Singh Bahadur of Rewa.
- Maharajkumari Bithal Kunwari [HH Maharani Manhar Kunwar of Dungarpur], born 2nd May 1914, married 8th March 1928, HH Rai-Rayan Maharawal Shri Sir Lakshman Singhji Bahadur of Dungarpur, and had issue. She died 8th October 1975.
- Maharajkumari Rasik Kunwari [HH Maharani Rajendra Kunverba of Kutch], married 1933, HH Maharajadhiraj Mirzan Maharao Shri Madansinhji Sawai Bahadur of Kutch.
- Maharajkumar Yatendra Singh, born 5th May 1916, died 24th May 1930 (#3 p.287).
- Maharajkumari Kalyan Kunwar, born 7th February
1935 (#3 p.287),
married Kumar Sri Daulatsinhji Pratapsinhji Jadeja
in Nawanagar, and had issue.
- Maharajkumari Goverdhan Kunwar [HH Maharani
Goverdhan Kumari of Sant], born 23rd June 1938 (#5) or 23rd July
1938 (#3 p.287), she
was a recipient of the Padma Bhushan Award
from Government of India for her contribution for
the development of folk dances, married HH Maharana
Shri Krishnakumarsinhji Pravinsinhji of Sant, and had issue. She
died 12th January 2013 in Singapore.
- Maharajkumari Shree Kumari, born 14th May 1950 in Mumbai, married 18th January 1975 in New Delhi, Maharajkumar Ambikapratap Singhji of Banswara, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Aditi Kumari
- Rajkumari Vinati Kumari [HH Rani Vinati Kumari of Khilchipur], married 8th December 2004 at Jaipur, HH Raja Rao Bahadur Priyavrat Singh of Khilchipur.
- Maharajkumari Nandini Kumari, born 31st October 1951 in Pune, married 30th June 1980 in New Delhi, Kunwar Saheb Madhavendra Bikram Singhji of Payagpur, he died 2014, and has issue.
- Kumar Saheb Sharvendra Bikram Singh, born 19th December 1985.
- HH Umdae Rajhae Buland Makan Maharajadhiraj Maharaja Shri Brajraj Singh Bahadur (qv)
- Maharaj Saheb Shri Prithiviraj Singhji, born 1955,
married 10th November 1981 in New Delhi, Rajkumari
Jaishree Kumari, youngest daughter of HH Raja Rao
Bahadur Yashodar Singh of Khilchipur,
and his wife, HH Rani Saraswati Devi, and had issue,
two sons. He died 2011.
- Rajkumar Kraturaj Singh, born 5th October 1985.
- Rajkumar Adhiraj Singh, born 24th January 1991.