|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
A Fourth Class State in Kathiawar. The Ruling Family is an
offshoot of the Gondal
House. Kumbhoji I of Gondal had two sons, Sagramji and
Sangoji, of whom the former succeeded to the gaddi
as the Ruler of Gondal, while the latter received in
appanage the village of Ardoi in 1654/1655. Sangoji
conquered the neighbouring villages and raised his estate
to the position of a Taluka. The name Sangani is derived
from him. In concert with Ranmalji of Rajkot he conquered
Sardhar. The State follows the rule of primogeniture in
regard to succession. Jurisdictional Powers are... Civil:
To the extent of 10,000Rs, Criminal: Three years rigorous
imprisonment and fines to the extent of 5,000Rs. The
Thakor maintains a military force of 8 cavalry, 142
infantry, and 4 guns (as of 1892). Rulers were.....
- Thakore Saheb
SANGOJI KUMBHOJI, 1st Thakore Saheb of Ardoi
1655/1699, married and had issue. He died 1699.
- Thakore Saheb Tejoji Sangoji (qv)
- Kumar Togaji Sangoji, received and founded the Rajpara Taluka.
- Kumar Hakoji Sangoji, received and founded the
TEJOJI SANGOJI, 2nd Thakore Saheb of Sangani
1699/-, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Jasaji Tejoji (qv)
- Kumar Sartanji Tejoji, died 1755.
- Thakore Saheb Devaji Tejoji (qv)
JASAJI TEJOJI, 3rd Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani 1727/1755, Jasaji and his brother, Sartanji
conquered Kotda, and moved their capital there in
1750, but both died without issue and were succeeded
by their younger brother Devaji. He died 1755.
DEVAJI TEJOJI, 4th Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani in 1755, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Hothiji Devaji (qv)
HOTHIJI DEVAJI, 5th Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani 1755/1812, married and had issue. He died
- Thakore Saheb Bhojrajji Hothiji (qv)
- Thakore Saheb Bamaniajji Hothiji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Bhagwanji Hothiji
BHOJRAJJI HOTHIJI, 6th Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani 1812/1825, died sp 1825.
BAMANIAJJI HOTHIJI, 7th Thakore Saheb of
Kotda Sangani 1825/1838, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Sabloji Bamaniajji (qv)
- Kumar Shri Veraji Bamaniaji
SABLOJI BAMANIAJI, 8th Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani 1838/1840, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Meroji Sabloji (qv)
MEROJI SABLOJI, 9th Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani 1840/1862, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Tajoji Meroji [aka Togaji] (qv)
- Kumar Shri Khengarji Meroji, received Bhagdadia
and died sp.
- Kumar Shri Merubha Meroji [Muluji], married and
- Thakur Saheb Himatsinhji Merubha (qv)
Thakur Saheb TAJOJI
MEROJI, 10th Thakore Saheb of Kotda Sangani
1862/1879, married and had issue. He died 1879.
- Thakore Saheb Mulvaji Tajoji (qv)
- Rani Saheb Shri Amjiba, married Thakore Sahib Raol
Shri Vakhatsinhji Meghrajji Sahib, 9th Thakore Shri
of Vala, born 19th
February 1864, died 1943, and had issue.
MULVAJI TAJOJI, 11th Thakore Saheb of Kotda
Sangani 1879/1913, born 1873, he succeeded to the gadi on 23rd
November 1887 (#1),
married Thakorani Hari Kunwarba Sahiba, daughter of
Kumar Shri Gajendrasinhji of Bhadakva, and his wife,
Kumari Shri Rupaliba Sahiba, daughter of the Thakore Shri of Muli, and had issue. He died spm
- HH Maharani Anand Kunwarba Sahiba, born 1895,
married 1912, Major HH Maharana Shri Maharaja Shri
Raj Sir Ghanshyamsinhji Ajitsinhji Sahib Bahadur of Dhrangadhra. She
- HH Maharani Hira Kunwarba Sahiba, born 1899,
married 6th September 1920, Lt. HH Maharaja Rana Sir
Shri Rajendra Singhji Dev Bahadur of Jhalawar, and had
issue. She died 1999.
HIMATSINHJI MERUBHA, 12th Thakore Saheb of
Kotda Sangani 1913/1930, born 17th September 1892,
installed 2nd March 1914; married and had issue. He
died 23rd February 1930 (#3
- Thakore Saheb Pradyumnasinhji Himatsinhji (qv)
- Thakorani Suryakunverba, married Thakore Saheb
Shri Prahladsinhji Pratapsinhji, Thakoresaheb of Lathi, and had issue.
Thakore Saheb Shri
PRADYUMNASINHJI HIMATSINHJI, 13th Thakore
Saheb of Kotda Sangani 1930/1980, born 5th
December 1920 (#3
p.331), he succeeded his father to the gadi on 23rd
February 1930 (#3
p.331), the Investiture was held on 10th
December 1940 (#2),
educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot; after
Independence, he joined the India Foreign Service and
traveled widely with his family; married about 1942,
Yuvarajkumari Vijaya Lakshmi Ammani [Thakurani Vijaya
Devi], born 1922, died 2005, daughter of HH Yuvaraja
Sir Sri Kantirava Narasinharaja Wadiyar of Mysore, and his wife, HH
Yuvrani Kempu Cheluvammanni Yavaru Urs, and had
issue.He died 1980.
- Kumari Gita Devi, married. She died sp.
- Kumari Urmila Devi, educated in New York, Colombo,
Rome and Delhi, finishing up school in Ooty, South
India and at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore (B.A.);
she worked for several years in the garment export
industry in Bangalore; for the last several years
she has devoted her time to work for the
International Music and Arts Society, Bangalore,
which her mother founded in 1975, to promote arts;
serves as the honorary trustee of the Bangalore
- Kumari Usha Devi
- Kumari Shakuntala Devi
The assistance of YS Jaideepsinh Jadeja is
gratefully acknowledged, 2002