|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
This family is a junior branch of the Kumharsain ruling line.
Incorporated into British India in January 1828. Rulers were....
- Rana RANJIT SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1812/1821, married (amongst others), and had issue. He
- Rana Bhagwan Singh (qv)
- Mian Jaswant Singh, married and had issue.
- Mian Ram Saran Singh, succeded his uncle as Rana Ram
Saran Singh (qv)
- Mian Gulab Singh, married and had issue.
- Mian Hira Singh, married a Kumari from Jubbal.
- Mian Man Singh, married Kanwarani Shanti Devi of
Jubbal, and had issue.
- Kumari Subhadra Devi
- Kumari Tara Devi, married Capt. Kanwar Sher Singh
of Darkoti, and had issue.
- Kanwar Harnam Singh, married a Kumari of Madhan,
and had issue.
- Kanwar Dalip Singh
- Kanwar Sandeep Singh
- Rana BHAGWAN SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1821/1859, he abdicated in 1827, and
transferred his state to the British in January of the following year,
he was granted a pension and was allowed to retain his royal
privileges; married 1stly, Rani Chandra Kuar, daughter of Thakur Rasal
Chand of Khaneti, died after 1831,
married 2ndly, a Rani from Delath
(cousin of Tikka Padam Singh), and
had issue, as well as further
- Kunwar Ranzor Singh
- Kunwar Sheo Saran Singh, died before 1831.
- Rana RAM SARAN SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1859/1891, married 1stly, a daughter
of Thakur Shamsher Chand of Theog,
married 2ndly, a daughter of Rana
Pritam Singh of Kumharsain, married
3rdly, another daughter of Rana
Pritam Singh of Kumharsain, and had
- Rana Jai Singh (qv)
- Kumari Gopi Kumari
- Kunwar Shamsher Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Padam Singh, married a Kumari of Koti, and had
- Kumari Leelawati, married Kanwar Rameshwar Singh of Sirmur, and has issue.
- Kunwar Mohan Singh, married Kanwarani Savitri Kumari of
Keonthal, and had issue.
- Kumari Indu Mati Kumari, married Rajkumar Inder Vikram
Singh of Keonthal, and had issue.
- Rana JAI SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1891/1948, married, Rani Kamla Devi,
daughter of Thakur Lal Chand of Khaneti,
and had issue. He died 1948.
- Rajkumari Kalawati Kumari, born 1913, married Kanwar
Randip Singh of Sirmur, and had issue.
She died 1963.
- Rana Raghunath Singh (qv)
- Rani Parvati Kumari (by Rani Kamla Devi), married (as his
first wife), 1st July 1925, Rana Ran Bahadur Singh Jandaive of Balsan, and had issue.
- Rajkumar Randhir Singh, married Rajkumar-Rani Lakshmi
Kumari, daughter of Mian Gulab Singh of Kolhara, and has issue.
- Kanwar Someshwar Singh, married Kanwarani Leela Kumari,
daughter of Mian Durga Singh of Theog,
and has issue.
- Rajkumari Saraswati Devi, married Rai Raghubir Singh of Sangri.
- Rajkumar Yoginder Singh, married Rajkumar-Rani Premlata
Kumari, daughter of Thakur Narayan Singh of Patodi, and had issue.
- Kanwar Praduman Singh, married Kanwarani Kiran Bala
Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Tilak Singh of Khaneti.
- Rani Vidyawati Kumari (by Rani Lakshmi Kumari), married
his second wife), Rana Ran Bahadur Singh Jandaive of Balsan, and had issue.
- Rajkumar Devinder Singh, married Rajkumar-Rani Sushila
Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Gopal Singh of Bhajji,
and had issue.
- Rajkumari Savitri Kumari, married Maj. Thakur Kartar
Singh Mankotia, and has issue (see Mankot).
- Rana RAGHUNATH SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1948/1979, succeded to the throne in
1948, educated at Kotkhai, Kotgarh, Simla and at St. Stephen's
University, Delhi; married 1stly, 1930, Raj Kumari
Sita Devi, born 1912, died 1939 at Kotkhai, daughter of Rana Shiv Singh
of Mangal State, married 2ndly, 1957,
Devi, daughter of Colonel Hira Singh Pathania of Reh (see Nurpur), and
had issue, six children. He died 1979.
- Rana Narendra Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Bhopal Singh, born 4th January 1935 at Kotkhai,
educated at Kotkhai High School, retired in 1993 as a Deputy
Superintendant of H.P. Police, married 28th June 1965, Kumari
Sushila Kumari, daughter of Rana Jai Singh of Dhadi,
and had issue, five
- Kumari Mridula Kumari, born 21st March 1966, married
28th April 1984, Kanwar Upendra Singh, son of Maharaj
Sarv Bhupindra Singh of Sirmur.
- Kumari Bageshwari Kumari, born 11th June 1968, educated
at Government High School, Simla, married 9th
December 1991, Tikka Satinder Singh of Ghund.
- Kumari Harsha Kumari, born 29th May 1971, educated at
Government High School, Simla, married Shri Vivek
Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue, three sons.
- Kanwar Bhanu Pratap Singh, born 24th March 1978,
educated at Hainault Public School, Simla.
- Kumari Shruti Devi, born 26th June 1979, educated at
the D.A.V. College at Kotkhai.
- Rajkumar Gandharva
Singh, born 18th December 1937 at Kotkhai, educated at
Kotkhai High School and at Government College, Nahan, District
Sirmur, married 1977, Kumari Tara Devi, daughter of Kanwar
Guman Singh of Theog, born 10th December
1956, died 1st
November 1986 at Kotkhai, and has issue, two children.
- Kanwar Arjun Pratap Singh, born 7th December 1979 at
Kotkhai, educated at Hainault Public School, Simla and
D.A.V.College at Kotkhai.
- Kanwar Abhishek Pratap Singh, born 21st June 1983 at
Kotkhai, educated at Kotkhai Public School, Kotkhai.
- Rajkumari Brinda Devi (by 2nd wife), married 1957, Shri
Sagar Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue, three
- Rajkumar Digvijay Singh (by 2nd wife), born 22nd April
1944, educated at
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab; Area Manager for Nepal Int.
Co., married 7th December 1983, Raj Kumari Shaileshwari Kumari,
daughter of Rao
Bahadur Raja Yadvendra Singh Judeo of Alipura,
and his wife, Rani
Chandraprabha, and has issue,
- Kanwar Suryaveer Sigh, born 5th October 1983, educated
Lawrence School, Sanawar, District Solan, married 12th November 2011,
Baiji Lal Niyati Kumari, second daughter of Thakur Randhir Vikram Singh
of Mandawa Pana 2, and his wife,
Thakurani Manjul Kumari.
- Rajkumari Tripura Kumari (by 2nd wife), married Raj
Kumar Rudra Pratap Singh Deo of Kharsawan,
in Orissa, and has issue, one
- Rana NARENDRA SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1979/1990, born 6th October 1933 at
Kotkhai, succeeded to the throne in 1979, educated at Kotkhai, later at
Nahan Government High School, District Sirmur and graduated from
Patiala, Punjab; married 21st July 1961, Raj Kumari Roop Kumari,
daughter of Thakur Lakshmi Chand of Beja,
and his wife, Thakurani Gavinda Dei, and had issue, four children. He
died 7th October 1990.
- Rana Hemendra Singh (qv)
- Rajkumari Anjana Kumari, born 22nd December 1966
in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, educated at Kotkhai and at Nahan; married
1992, Kanwar Man Mohan Singh, son of Kanwar Ajit Singh of Madhan, and
issue, a son.
- Udai Vir Singh, born 1st August
- Rajkumari Bhavna Kumari, born 12th November 1969 at
Chandigarh, educated at Kotkhai and graduated from D.A.V. College,
Kotkhai; married June 1995, Tikka Ajay Singh, son of Rana Vijay
Singh of Kunihar, born 9th July 1956 at
Dehra Dun, Uttaranchal. They were both killed in an automobile accident
on 3rd March 1996.
- Rajkumari Shalini Kumari, born 28th August 1973 at
Kotkhai, educated at the Government Girl's High School, Kotkhai, and
gained her B.Ed. from Himachal Pradesh University, Simla.
- Rana HEMENDRA SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai 1990/2006, born 15th September 1962 at
Kasauli, District Solan, H.P., educated at
Kotkhai and Kasauli and graduated from Government College,
Nahan, District Sirmaur, in 1983, gained his B.Ed. in 1993, served as
the Principal of Kotkhai Public School, married 11th October
1987, Rani Ranjana Kumari [Kumari Ranjana Kumari], now the Rajmata of
Kotkhai, daughter of Kanwar Homender Singh of Jubbal, and his wife, Kanwarani Gyan Devi,
and had issue, three children. He
3rd August 2006 at Kotkhai.
- Raj Kumari Purnima Kumari, born 29th June 1988 at
educated at Parwanoo, District Solan.
- Tikka Tribhuwan Singh, succeeded as Rana Tribhuwan Singh
- Raj Kumar Vishan Raj Singh, born 9th October 1991 at
- Rana TRIBHUWAN SINGH,
Rana of Kotkhai (see above)
- Kanwarani Vidya Kumari, married Kanwar Bijayinder Singh of Sirmur, and has issue.
- Kanwarani Shanti Devi, married Kanwar Bijendra Singh of Sirmur, and has issue.
- Kanwarani Anupama Kumari, married Kanwar Arvind Kumar Singh
of Mandi, and has issue.
- Kanwar Rajendra Singh, married 1stly, 1950, Kanwarani Hamis
Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Brij Mohan Singh of Nalagarh, married 2ndly, 1954, Kanwarani
Rajpriya Kumari, another daughter of Kanwar Brij Mohan Singh of Nalagarh, and has issue.
- Kanwarani Romila Kumari, married 25th
November 1975, Kanwar Raj Pal Singh of Bashahr,
and has issue.
- Kanwarani Madhu Kumari (by 2nd marriage), married, Kanwar
Randhir Singh of Baghat.
- Kanwar Gyan Singh, married Kumari Sita Kumari, daughter of
Mian Gopal Singh of Baghat, and his
Kumari Deviwati, and had
issue, one daughter.