|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Estate
- Thakur RAGHUNATH
SINGH, Thakur of Maroth, born 1667 BS (circa
1610), second son of Thakur Sanwal Das, he was awarded
112 villages of Maroth and 19 villages of Sambhar by
Padshah Shah Jehan, Mughal emperor of Delhi, he also
acquired the Gorawati Tract from the Gaur Rajputs; he
married five wives and had issue, eight sons. He died
- Kunwar Roop Singh (by 1st Thakurani), he died sp at
Shiv-Sagar in Assam, (site of a fort).
- Raja Sabal Singh (by 2nd Thakurani), Raja of
Minda, he was granted half of Maroth Statel married and had issue.
- Raja Vijay Singh (by 2nd Thakurani), Raja of
Abhaypura, he was granted half of Maroth State, married and had issue (see Jiliya).
- Thakur Sher Singh (by 3rd Thakurani), he was
granted Thikana Lunwa (Loonwa).
- Thakur Hatee Singh (by 4th Thakurani), he was
granted Thikana Panchota.
- Thakur Anand Singh (by 5th Thakurani), he was
granted Thikana Panchwa.
- Thakur Kishore Singh (by 4th Thakurani), he
received no share, but was granted 6,000 bighas of
land, namely the village of Kuchaman from his elder
brother Thakur Hatee Singh of Panchota (qv).
- Thakur Amar Singh (by 3rd Thakurani), he was
granted Devli village.
- Thakur KISHOR SINGH,Thakur
Maroth, married Thakurani Hadiji, and had issue.
- Thakur ZALIM SINGH,
1st Thakur of Kuchaman 1725/1753, founded the estate
on Kartik Badi 14, 1781 samvat, married and had issue, seven
sons and at least one daughter. He died 9th May 1753
or April 1751 (Baisakh
Krishna 7, 1809 BS)
- Thakur Sabha Singh [Sobhag Singh] (qv)
- Kunwar Chain Singh, he was granted Mudrasan Jagir.
He was killed in battle in 1751.
- Kunwar Sarup Singh, he was granted Bhadliya Jagir
- Kunwar Sultan Singh, he was granted Dhankoli
Jagir, he was killed in battle in 1751.
- Kunwar Pahar Singh, he was granted Deodana Jagir
- Kunwar Gian Singh, died young.
- Kunwar Dal Singh, died young.
- Rani Gulab Kanwar, married Raja Gaj Singh of Khandela-Junior.
- Thakur SABHA SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman, born 1775 BS(circa 1718), succeeded on
26th April 1751 (Baisakh
Shukla 1, 1807 BS), married and had issue,
two sons. He died 28th October 1764 (Kartik Krishna 4, 1821
- Thakur Suarj Mal (qv)
- Kunwar Jawan Singh, established Naka Ki Palri
Jagir, married and had issue. He died in battle 31st
August 1791 (Bhadra
Shukla 2, 1847 BS).
- Thakur SURAJ MAL,
Thakur of Kuchaman, born 15th December 1749 (Margashirsh Shukla
6,1806 BS), succeeded 13th November 1764 (Kartik Shukla 20, 1821
BS), married and had issue. He died in battle
21st March 1793 (Chaitra
Shukla 9, 1849 BS)
- Baisa (name
Kanwar, married Rao Raja Bakhtawar Singh, Rao Raja
- Thakur SHIVNATH
SINGH, Thakur of Kuchaman, born 1831 BS (circa
1784), succeeded 1849
BS (circa 1793), (his younger brother, Kunwar
Amani Singh, established the jagir at Phogri), married
the daughter of Thakur Duleha Singh of Khachariawas, and had
issue. [He died 1883 BS?]
- Thakur RANJIT SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman fl.1832 or 1883/1917 BS,
married Thakurani Raj Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Raj
Singh of Khood, and his wife, Thakurani Sada Kanwar,
and had issue.
- Rao Bahadur Thakur
KESRI SINGH C.I.E., Thakur of Kuchaman
1857/1877 or 1917/1948
BS, he was granted the title of Rao Bahadur
on 1st January 1877, married and had issue, three
- Thakur Sher Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Sabal Singh, established the jagir of
- Kunwar Devi Singh, established the jagir of Plara
- Thakur SHER SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1877/1916, Member of the State
Council, married and had issue. He died 1916.
- Kunwar Bagh Singh, married 1stly, a Shekhawat lady
of Danta, married 2ndly, a lady of Kalyanpur, and
had issue. He died vp before 1916.
- Thakur Nahar Singh (by 1st wife) (qv)
- Kunwar Ummed Singh (by 2nd wife), established
Panchota jagir at Shyamgarh.
- Thakur NAHAR SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1916/1919, succeeded his
grandfather in 1916, married 1stly, circa 1895,
Thakurani Nawal Kanwar, daughter of Raj Rana Rai
Singhji III of Bari-Sadri,
and his first wife, Rani Sardar Kanwar, married 2ndly,
1911, a daughter of Apji Sir Onkar Singh of Palaitha in Kotah,
married 3rdly, 1915, Thakurani Deep Kunwar, daughter
of Kunwar Lakshman Singh of Kanore,
died 21st April 1958, and had issue. He died 1919 at
- Kunwar Amar Singh (by 1st marriage), born 1956 BS, died
- Kunwar Satya Narayan Singh (by 1st marriage), born 1959 BS,
- Kunwar Pratap Singh (by 1st marriage), born 1962 BS,
- Baisa Lad Kunwar (by 2nd marriage), born 1966 BS,
died young, aged about four years.
- Raja Hari Singh (by 2nd marriage) (qv)
- Raja Pratap Singh (by 3rd marriage) (qv)
- Baisa Chain Kunwar (by 3rd marriage), born 1918,
married 1936, a son of Raja Kushal Pal Singh of
Kotla and was widowed in September of the same year.
- Raja HARI SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1919/1956, born 26th September 1912
succeeded 1919, installed in 1931, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer; he was granted the title of Raja by HH the
Maharaja of Jodhpur for various reforms and
agricultural developments within his estate; served as
Sardar-in-Waiting to his late HH the Maharaja; he
improved building conditions, had wells dug in order
to solve the pronlem of water scarcity, established
charitable dispensaries and Aushdhalayas for the poor,
had constructed two large dams in Gangwa and Kheduli
at a cost of Rs 2 lakhs; member of the famous Jodhpur
Polo Team, married 1925, Rani Dhariawa Kanwar,
daughter of the Thakur Shivnath Singh of Bera, and had issue, one
son (died in infancy) and three daughters. He died
15th January 1956 in Jodhpur.
- Rajkumari Kamal Prabha (Princess Fancy), married
1945, Kunwar Udai Bhan Singh of Dhariawad in Mewar.
- Rajkumari Hans Prabha Kumari
- Rajkumari Sneh Prabha Kumari, married Thakur Saroj
Singhji, Naigarhi, M.P.
The help of Pabitra Saha is acknowledged, February
2006, March 2007.
- Raja PRATAP SINGH,
Thakur of Kuchaman 1956/1993, born 3rd May 1917,
installed on 13th February 1956, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer 1923/1932, at Prayag University,
Allahabad 1932/1934 and Lincoln College, Oxford
University, England 1938/1940 and 1945/1947, married
18th February 1942 in Lucknow, Rajkumari Prem Kumari,
daughter of Raja Jagan Nath Baksh, and his wife, Rani
Trailokya Kumari of Rehwan state in Uttar Pradesh, and
had issue, three daughters. He died 1993 in Lucknow.
- Rajkumari Kiran Prabha (Princess Naina), born 13th
April 1944 at Nainital, educated at Loreto Convent,
Lucknow; married to Raj Bisaria, Professor of
English at Lucknow University, and has issue, a
- Rajkumari Priti Pratap Singh, born October 1948 in
Jaipur (sep'd.), educated at St. Mary's, Nainital
and Maharani Gayatri Devi School, Jaipur; married
His Excellency Late Rudolf D'mello, former
Ambassador of India to Cuba, and has issue, two
daughters. (Sundernagar, New Delhi, India)
- Indiritta Singh D'mello, born 1972,
educated at the University of Oxford, U.K., and
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
(Executive MBA); worked with the Eastern
Shipping Company, and is presently in business
in New Delhi.
- Pia Singh D'mello, educated at St.
Stephen's College, currently a practising
- Rajkumari Rajlakshmi, born in 1956 in New Delhi,
married 21st February 1977 at Lucknow, Rajkumar
Narvir Shah of Tehri-Garhwal,
and has issue, a son and a daughter.