LOCATION: Himachal Pradesh AREA: xx sq.km. VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: xx DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Chandrabansi - Badani lineage SEAT: Waziri Rupi ACCESSION: 1841
B.Sc., educated at St. Lukes High School, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) and D.A.V. College, Chandigarh, born 2nd February 1949 in Bangalore, Member of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly 1977/1985, Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh 1978/1979, member of the 9th Lok Sabha 1989, 12th Lok Sabha 1998 and 13th Lok Sabha 1999, member of the Rajya Sabha 1992/1998, member of various parliamentary committees 1992/-, married 6th June 1971, Rani Mera Kumari, daughter of Shri Narendra Shumsher Rana, and has issue, two sons.
- Tikka Danvender Singh, born 15th March 1972, educated at Central School, Delhi, married 3rd May 1997, Tikkarani Ravija Kumari, born 12th October 1976 in Shimla, elder daughter of Kanwar Raj Pal Singh of Bashahr, and his wife, Kanwarani Romila Kumari, and has issue.
- Kumari Rupeshwari Kumari, born 16th March 1998, educated
at Archangel school, Kullu.
- Kunwar Hiteshwar Singh, born 15th November 1973, educated at Central School, Delhi, married 3rd August 2000, Kumari Vibha Kumari, born 5th December 1977 in Kotkhai, younger daughter of Kanwar Raj Pal Singh of Bashahr, and his wife, Kanwarani Romila Kumari, and has issue.
- Kumari Bageshwari Kumari, born 3rd August 2001.
- Raja SIDH SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1486/1532, originally came from Mayapuri to Hati in Kullu (#2), married and had issue. He died 1532.
- Raja Bahadur Singh (qv)
- Raja BAHADUR SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1532/1559, brought the whole of Rupi under his control, he built a Palace at Makarhar, site of the ancient capital of Kullu; constructed the temple of Hidimba at Dhungir near Manali; married and had issue. He died 1559.
- Raja PRATAP SINGH,
Raja of Kullu 1559/1575, he allied himself with the Raja of
Mandi, in reducing the state of Lag to submission; married and
had issue. He died in 1575.
- Raja Parbat Singh (qv)
- Raja PARBAT SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1575/1608, married and had issue.
- Raja Prithi Singh (qv)
- Raja Kalyan Singh (qv)
- Raja PRITHI SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1608/1635
- Raja KALYAN SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1635/1637 (deposed), married and had issue.
- Raja Jagat Singh (qv)
- Raja JAGAT SINGH, Raja of Kullu ca1637/1672, shifted his capital from Naggar to Sultanpur, he conquered Lag and greatly expanded the boundaries of Kullu, married (amongst others), about 1670, a Princess of Chamba, and had issue. He died 1672.
- Tikka Hari Singh, died vp in battle.
- Raja Bidhi Singh (qv)
- Mian Fakir Singh, held as a hostage at the court of Delhi. He died soon after 1658.
- Raja BIDHI SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1672/1688, he added Lahul to the conquered territories of made by his father and also wrested Dhol and Kandi from the Raja of Bashahr; married (amongst others), 1680, the daughter of the Raja Chhatar Singh of Chamba, and had issue. He died 1688.
- Raja Man Singh (qv)
- Raja MAN SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1688/1719, conquered Lahul and Spiti, he plundered Bashahr and took possession of Sangri and Kotgarh in about 1703, where he built the fort of Kangal, which were lost to Bashahr in 1719 and later regained by Kullu at an unknown date, expanded Kullu to its greatest extant of 25,900 square kilometres, married (amongst others) (a), a sister of Raja Prithvi Pal of Bangahal, and had issue. He was killed by the Raja of Kumharsain in 1719.
- Raja Raj Singh (qv)
- Mian Padam Singh, married and had issue.
- Raja Thedi Singh (qv)
- Mian Inder Singh, died in infancy.
- Raja RAJ SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1719/1731, founded the village of Jaisinghpur in Kangra, annexed the forts of Salachni, Bagi and Lavakaran, as well as the areas of Thiti and Jigolri, married (amongst others), the daughter of the Raja of Kangra, and had issue. He died about 1731.
- Raja Jai Singh (qv)
- Raja JAI SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1731/1742 (deposed), he built the palace in Pratappur at Jia in Kullu, he was expelled in a rebellion organized by a Dayal Wazir and died 1st March 1744 at Ramdarbar in Ayodhya.
- Raja THEDI SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1742/1767, he constructed a temple at Khokhan in 1746, annexed the state of Bir (Bangahal) in 1749, married and had issue, 18 sons. He died 10th January 1767, with 64 ladies of the harem committing sati.
- Raja Pritam Singh (qv)
- Mian Dhian Singh
- Mian Charan Singh, married and had issue.
- Mian Indar Singh
- Mian Prem Singh, third son, married and had issue, as well as natural issue.
- Raja Thakur Singh (by a concubine) (qv)
- Raja PRITAM SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1767/1806, attacked and occupied Garh Chhatar and Trilokpur in about 1781, married ten Ranis, and had issue, four sons, as well as natural issue. He died about 1806, when 35 ladies of the harem committed sati.
- Raja Bikram Singh [Vikramajit Singh] (qv)
- Mian Kishan Singh, he died 1817.
- Mian Khushal Singh, third son, married and had issue. He died 1821 at the fort of Mong in Plach.
- Mian Hira Singh, married and had issue.
- Mian Dharam Singh, he died 1882.
- [Mian Pratap Singh (Bhawani Singh), born 1821, posthumously, married and had issue. He was hanged as an imposter at Dharamsala after 1856 (in 1897).]
- [Mian Ludar Singh of Bher]
- Mian Jhagar Singh (Jagat Singh), fourth son, ancestor of the rulers of Sangri in Himachal Pradesh.
- Raja BIKRAM SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1806/1816, married a khawás lady, as well as a Rani who committed sati in 1820, and had issue. He died spl in October 1816.
- Raja Ajit Singh (qv)
- Raja AJIT SINGH, last independent Raja of Kullu 1816/1841, born 19th December 1810, married 1stly, Rani Katochni, died 1862, she adopted her nephew, Mian Hira Singh of Sangri, who succeeded to her jagir of Seoraj, married 2ndly, Rani Keonthali. He died sp in September 1841 at Sangri.
- Rai THAKUR SINGH, Raja of Kullu 1846/1852, son of Mian Prem Singh (above), born 1814, when Kullu was annexed in 1846, he continued as titular Raja and was granted the Wazir-i-Rupi jagir in Kullu, confirmed by a sanad dated 24th October 1846 with the title of Rai, he married four times. He died spl in 1852.
- Rai Gyan Singh (by a khawás lady) (qv)
- Rai GYAN SINGH, Rai of Kullu 1852/1869, born 9th February 1841, married the daughter of Mian Padam Singh of Mandi, died in September 1869, and had issue. He died 18th August 1880 (1869/1870?).
- Raja Dalip Singh (qv)
- Rai DALIP SINGH, Rai of Kullu 1869/1892, born 11th September 1862, the estate was under the Court of Wards 1869/1882, 7th Viceregal Darbari of Kangra District, Member of the Kangra District Noard and the Kullu Local Board, married 1stly, a Rani from Nadaun, married 2ndly, a Rani from Mandi. He died spl in 1892.
- Rai Bahadur Megh Singh (qv)
- Rai Bahadur MEGH SINGH, Rai of Kullu 1892/1921, born 18th July 1882, educated at Aitchison Chiefs' College, Lahore; he was granted the title of Rai Bahadur; a Provincial Darbari and Honorary Magistrate, 2nd Class and Civil Judge at Sultanpur, Kangra Dist.; Member, Punjab Chiefs' Association, Lahore; Member, Rajput Prantik Sabha, Jammu and Kashmir; married (amongst others), two daughters of Kanwar Bhagwan Singh of Nalagarh, and had issue, four sons (#3). He died 10th May 1921.
- Rai Bahadur Bhagwant Singh (by the 1st wife)(qv)
- Mian Dhanwant Singh (by 2nd wife), born 1915, married and had issue.
- Kumari Shanti Devi, married into Mandi.
- Kanwar Jitender Singh
- Mian Durga Singh (by 2nd wife), born 1917, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Surinder Singh, married Kanwarani Teji Devi of Banjor, and had issue.
- Kanwar Virender Singh, married a Kumari from Mandi, and had issue.
- Kanwar Kunal Singh
- Kanwar Virbhadra Singh
- Mian Nidhi Singh (by a defacto wife), born 1918.
- Rai Bahadur BHAGWANT SINGH, Jagirdar of Waziri Rupi and Rai of Kullu 1921/1960, born in January 1907, a Provincial Darbari, he is exempt from certain provisions of the Arms Act; married two sisters of the Rani of Mandi (and who was from Suket), and had issue. He died in December 1960.
- Rai Mahinder Singh (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Kumari Tara Devi, born 1929/1930, married Raja Jasjit
Singh of Tilokpur (see Bhadu).
- Kanwar Kuber Singh (by 2nd wife), married Kanwarani Annapurna Kumari, and has issue.
- Kumari Meenakshi [Kunwarani Meenakshi Kanwar of Shivrati], married 1990, Kanwar Mahipal Singh of Shivrati, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kanwar Yadhuraj Singh
- Rai MAHINDER SINGH,
Rai of Kullu 1960/1989, born 12th December 1927, married 1942,
Rani (now Rajmata) Vina Devyeshwari Devi, daughter of Gen.
Shri Krishna Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and
his wife, Rani Tara Rajya Lakshmi Devi, and has issue. He died
4th September 1989.
- HH Rani Kiran Kumari, born 29th November 1947, married 6th February 1966, HH Raja Sri Ashokpal Sen of Mandi, and had issue. She died 5th October 2003.
- Raja Maheshwar Singh (qv)
- Rajkumar Dr. Karan Singh, born 14th October 1957 in Kullu, educated at Ferguson College, Pune; actively involved in welfare programmes for the people; remained member, Janata Party in 1977. Elected to H. P. Vidhan Sabha in 1990, re-elected in 1998, inducted as Minister of State Primary education (Independent Charge) in Council of Minister. Interests include sports, especially cricket, and reading; married 8th December 1980, Rajkumari Shivani Kumari, grand-daughter of Maharajkumar Narendra Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue, two sons.
- Kanwar Abhishek Raj Singh, born 20th January 1982, died
unmarried 7th February 2010 in a car crash in New Delhi.
- Kanwar Aditya Vikram Singh, born 19th June 1985.
- Raja MAHESHWAR SINGH, Rai of Kullu (see above)
- Kanwar Virendra Singh, married and had issue.
- Kumari Rama Kumari, married 1951, Kanwar Joginder Singh of Sirmur, and had issue.
- Kunwarani Hena Devi, married Kunwar Brijendra Singh of Suket, and has issue.
- Kanwar Yograj Singh, married Kumari Meenakshi Kumari, born
1974, daughter of Thakur Randhir Singh of Rawingarh, and his wife,
Thakurani Shushila Kumari, and has issue, one son and one