LOCATION: Bihar AREA: xx km² VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 1,000,000DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Sisodia SEAT: xx ACCESSION: xx
PRESENT HEAD OF HOUSE:
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: One of the largest zamindaris in Bihar at Independence. Estate holders were....
- Raja AYODHYA PRASAD SINGH, 1st Zamindar of Kursela, he left his family's original zamindari of Barh-Rupas in Patna Districtm in 1881 and acquired 32,000 acres of land in Kursela, becoming a major landowner in the area, he was subsequently acknowledged as the Zamindar of Kursela; he married and had issue.
- Rai Bahadur Raghubansh Prasad Singh (qv)
- Raja Bahadur RAGHUBANSH PRASAD SINGH, Zamindar of Kursela, born 1895, he was granted the title of Raja Bahadur, which he later rejected in favour of Rai Bahadur. He was a great philanthropist, and administrator. He was the largest land donor in Vinobha Bhave's "Bhudan movement", wherein he donated 4,000 acres of land. He sponsored the opening of two schools and a hospital in Kursela. He also donated many houses and land to the congress party including "Kala Bhavan" in Purnea. He also had a love for life and living. He was one of the few people of the era to have a private aerodrome and planes; he married Rani Sampati Devi, and had issue. He died 1980.
- Awadhesh Kumar Singh, MP, married and had issue.
- Ashok Singh, married Rajkumari Nivedita Rana
Meqlekxigunj (Ranchi) and has issue, two
- Shailaja Singh
- Anandita singh
- Prakash Singh, married Bhagendra Singh (Nalini)
Narauli, and has issue, one son.
- Gaurav Singh
- Akhilesh Kumar Singh, married Sumitra Devi of Enai, and had issue, three sons and three daughters.
- Amresh Singh, married Kuwarani Abha Raje of
and has issue, a
- Avinash Singh
- Sri Brajesh Kumar Singh, married to Smt. Neeta Singh, daughter of Sri Nagendra Singh of Beehat, and his wife, Smt. Rajkumari Vimla Devi (see Daiya), and has issue, two sons.
- Shiladitya Singh
- Divyaditya Singh
- Pankaj Singh, married Sanyogita Singh, and has issue, twins.
- Advaitya Singh
- Shambhavi Singh
- Madhavi Devi, married Ajay Kumar Shahi of Dumaria.
- Pratibha Devi, married Dr. Mritunjay Prasad
Shambhu Patti (Samastipur), Bihar; and has issue,
- Ripunjay Sinha, due to marry on 24th Jan 2007 to Rajkumari Radhika Shahi, daughter of Raja Ramanuj Pratap Singh of Deara Raj, and his wife, Rani Brijraj Kanwar.
- Abhishek Sinha
- Kunwarani Kanchana Singh, married 11th December
Patna, Kunwar Aditya Vikram Singh of Athadama,
and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Shri Dinesh Kumar Singh 1980/-, born 1932 in Kursela, Purnea, Bihar, MLC in Bihar since 1960, Cabinet Minister in Bihar Government 1968/1981, Ex Chairman Jute Board of India, a Licensed Pilot and an avid wild life enthusiast, married July 1948 in Summha Deorhi, Smt. Vibha Singh of Summha Deorhi, Darbhanga, Bihar, and has issue.
- Dr. Gautam Singh, married 14th February 1975, Smt. Sarala Rajya Laxmi Devi, born 5th March 1954, eldest child of Col. Shri Jay Prakash Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue, two sons.
- Yashwant Singh, born 29th November 1975.
- Yashraj Singh, born in November
a finance degree in 2002 from the Smith
School of Business at the
University of Maryland, returned to India in
2005 and married 1stly (div.), in 2006, Maharajkumari Vidita Singh,
daughter of HH Maharana
Manvendra Singhji of Barwani,
his wife, HH Maharani Renuka Devi, married
2ndly, in 2016, Jagoda Singh [née Jagoda Agnieszka Buczak], daughter of
Ryszard Buczak, and his wife, Ewa Buczak of Poland; and has issue, one
and has issue.
- Prithviraj Singh, born 2008
- Harsh Singh, married Dr. Yasmin Wadia, and has issue, one son.
- Zorawar Wadiasingh, born 19th September 1984, presently pursuing his Doctorate in Cosmology and Quantum Mechanicsat RICE University, Texas, USA.
- Udayan Singh married Rajkumari Shobha Raje, daughter of Raja Shri Vijay Singh, Raja of Ramnagar-Dhameri, and his wife, Rani Usha Kumari, and has issue.
- Devyani Singh
- Hanumant Singh