LOCATION: Himachal Pradesh AREA: xx sq.km. VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Pal lineage - Kutleharia clan SEAT: xx ACCESSION: 1957
PRESENT RULER: Raja Saheb Shri BUDHESHWAR PALJI Bahadur, present Raja Saheb of Kutlehar since 20th July 2014.
born 6th July 1956 at New Delhi, he was installed on the gaddi of Kutlehar on 4th August 2014 at Chandigarh, married 1stly (div.), February 1980 in New Delhi, Maharajkumari Kanika Kumari, daughter of HH Bisam-Samar-Bijayi Mahamahodya Pancha-Srijukta Maharaja Kirit Bikram Kishore Dev Varman Manikya Bahadur of Tripura, and his first wife, HH Maharani Padma Raje, married 2ndly, 27th February 1982, Rajkumari Bhuvaneshwari Kumari [Tikka Rani Bhuvaneshwari Kumari of Kutlehar], daughter of Rana Ran Bahadur Singh Jandaive of Balsan, and his second wife, Rani Vidya Kumari, and has issue, (by second marriage), two sons.
- Tikka Sarveshwar Pal (Photo), born 24th November 1982 in Chandigarh; married 28th September 2009, Adv. Tikkarani Aakanksha Pal (Photo), daughter of Prof. Brij Pal Singh, and his wife, Smt. Saroj Panwar of Bhiwani in Haryana, and has issue.
- Kanwar Shaurya Pal (Photo), born 16th November 2010.
- Rajkumar Ayush Pal, born 22nd August 1986 in Chandigarh.
- Raja GOPAL 750/770, followed by his son.
- Raja DHARMA PAL 770/810
- Raja JAS PAL, 24th Raja of Kutlehar, fl. 11th cty, married and had issue.
- ELDER SON, 25th Raja of Kultlehar, married and had issue.
- Rao Gajendra Pal, married and had issue.
- Raja CHIRU PAL, ancestor of the Rajas of Bhajji.
- Raja CHAND PAL, ancestor of the Rajas of Kothi.
- Raja GOVIND PAL fl.1200
- Rai Saheb Shri DHARAM PAL,
Rai of Kutlehar, married and had issue.
- Rai Saheb Shri Gur Pal (qv)
- Mian Nahal Pal, married and had issue.
- Mian Sapuran Pal, died 1851.
- Rai Saheb Shri GUR PAL, Rai of Kutlehar, married and had issue.
- Rai Saheb Shri Amrat Pal Bahadur (qv)
- Rai Saheb Shri AMRAT PAL Bahadur, Rai of Kutlehar 1798/1832, the state was annexed and he was granted a jagir worth Rs10,000 for the maintenance of his family, later he was also a life-grant of the same value by the British, this was then exchangede for some villages to approximate equal value; married and had issue. He died 1832.
- Rai Saheb Shri Narayan Pal Bahadur (qv)
- Mian Bhagwan Pal, married and had issue. He died 1857.
- Kanwar Ran Bahadur Singh, born 1845, married and had issue. He died 1918.
- Kanwar Indar Singh, married and had issue
- Kanwar Uttam Singh
- Kanwar Prem Singh
- Kanwar Luddar Pal, married and had issue. He died 1876.
- Kanwar Lal Singh, born about 1871, married and had
issue. He died 1910.
- Kanwar Sahib Singh, born 1892, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Sohan Singh, married and had issue
- Kanwar Thakur Singh
- Kanwar Mohan Singh
- Kanwar Ranjit Singh
- Kunwar Ran Bahadur Singh, married and had issue. He
- Kanwar Subha Singh, married and had issue. He died 1925.
- Kanwar Raghunath Singh, married and had issue
- Kanwar Himal Singh
- Kanwar Hem Singh
- Kanwar Bikram Singh, married and had issue. He died 1918.
- Kanwar Dhyan Singh, married and had issue
- Kanwar Lakshman Singh
- Kanwar Fateh Singh
- Kanwar Chattar Singh
- Rai Saheb Shri NARAYAN PAL Bahadur, Rai of Kutlehar 1832/1864, born about 1821, married and had issue. He died 1864.
- Rai Saheb Shri Ram Palji Bahadur (qv)
- Kanwar Saheb Shri Gopal Palji, born 1854, married and had issue. He died 1909.
- Kanwar Saheb Shri Kalyan Palji, born 1874.
OF WARDS 1862/1869
- Raja Saheb Shri RAM PALJI Bahadur C.S.I., Raja of Kutlehar 1864/1927, born 22nd November 1849, educated Shastri (nagri) and in Persian and English by private tutors; he was a Sub-Registrar of Kutlehar (1867); he was granted Judicial Powers in 1875 and First Class Judicial Powers in 1877; he received a sanad for good conduct and morality in 1877; he offered his services during the Afghan War of 1879; he was awarded Silver and Gold Coronation Medals at the 1903 Delhi Darbar; Life Member of the St. John Ambulance Association; he was appointed an Honorary Judge and a 1st class Magistrate and an Honorary Deputy Commissioner by the British, later he was granted the title of Raja as a hereditary distinction on 15th March 1909 by the Viceroy, C.S.I. [cr.1904], married 1stly, Kumari (name unknown), sister of Raja Shamsher Singh of Rampur-Bashahr, she died sp, married 2ndly, Kumari (name unknown), daughter of Raja Mahendra Sen of Keonthal, and had issue. He died 21st November 1927.
- Raja Saheb Shri Rajendra Palji Bahadur (qv)
- Kumari (name unknown), married 1901, Raja Raghunath Singh of Jaswan, and had issue.
- Raja Saheb Shri RAJENDRA PALJI Bahadur, Raja of Kutlehar 1927/1928, born 1874, educated privately and at the Chiefs' College in Lahore; he was appointed an Extra Assistant Commissioner in the Punjab and was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind medal; married the eldest daughter of Raja Jagdish Singh of Mankot, she died 1925, she was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind medal, and had issue. He died 14th February 1928.
- Raja Saheb Shri Brijmohan Palji Bahadur (qv)
- Kanwar Saheb Shri Hari Palji, born 1893, educated privately and at the Chiefs' College in Lahore; he served with the Punjab Police; married and had issue.
- Kanwar Saheb Shri Krishan Palji
- Kanwar Saheb Shri Shiv Palji B.Sc., I.F.S., born 1901, educated privately in England and at the Aitchison Chiefs' College in Lahore; he served for a time as Prime Minister of Mandi State; married 1stly, March 1919, Kanwarani Dhanwati, daughter of Raja Bhawani Sen of Mandi, married 2ndly, 194x, and had issue.
- Kumari Shanta Devi (by Kanwarani Dhanwati), born
1920/1921, married into Rajpipla.
- Kumar Ravender Pal, born 1948, married 7th December 1978, Raj Kumari Veereshwari Kumari, born 8th January 1958 at Snowdon Hospital, Simla; daughter of Thakur Krishan Chand of Theog, and his wife, Thakurani Vidya Devi, and has issue, one daughter and one son.
- Raja Saheb Shri BRIJMOHAN PAL Bahadur, 379th Raja of Kutlehar 1928/1937, born 1890, educated privately and at the Chiefs' College in Lahore; an Honorary Magistrate, 1st Class over a wide area; 5th Viceregal Darbari in Kangra District; philanthropic by nature, he constructed two buildings for the District Board and a Vernacular Middle School, he also constructed a road, 16 kilometres in length; during WWI he was employed with the army and earned the General Service Medal, the Balochistan Medal and two Victory Medals; married 1911, Rani Saheb Shrimati Rattan Deiji, eldest daughter of HH Raja Saheb Shri Sir Bhuri Singh, Raja of Chamba, and had issue. He died 1937.
- Raja Saheb Shri Mahendra Palji Bahadur (qv)
- Raja Saheb Shri MAHENDRA PALJI Bahadur, Raja of Kutlehar 1937/2014, born 4th July 1934 in Hari Kothi, Dharamsala, educated at Aitchison Chief's College, Lahore; married 1stly, 13th April 1955, Rani Lalita Devi, born 29th March 1933, daughter of Raja Surinder Singh of Baghal, and his wife, Rani Laxmi Devi, married 2ndly, 1964 (in contravention of the Hindu Marriage Act), Rani Saheb Shrimati Kamal Deiji, daughter of Kanwar Saheb Shri Nihal Singhji of Chamba, and his wife, Kanwarani Saheb Kanchan Devi, and had issue, three sons and two daughters. He died 20th July 2014 in Chandigarh.
- Raja Saheb Shri Budheshwar Palji Bahadur (qv)
- Rajkumari Divya Kumari, born 5th November 1957 in Delhi, married 24th February 1976, Brigadier Karanjit Singh of Jaswan, born 18th November 1953, and has issue, two sons.
- Vikram Singh Jaswal, born 19th September 1976, married 2nd February 2005, Kuvarani Padmini Pundeer, born 1984, daughter of the late Chowdhary Bijendra Singh Pundeer of Kanwali Estate.
- Dushyant Singh Jaswal, born 5th May 1986.
- Rajkumari Rajeshwari Kumari [later Kunwarani Sahiba of
Tehri Garhwal], born March 1959, married 19th April 1980,
Late Rajkumar Nirbhey Shah, younger son of Maharajkumar
Balendu Shah of Tehri
Garhwal, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Roopangana Shah, born 1982.
- Rajkumar Leeneshwar Vikram Shah, born 9th February 1984.
- Rajkumar Yudhishter Palji, born 12th April 1960, married Kumari Shalini Devi, daughter of Kanwar Sachindra Singh of Doonga Estate in U.P., and has issue.
- Kanwar Akshay Pal, born 1985, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer, he is presently working in Infosys, Pune as a Software Engineer.
- Kanwar Abhimanyu Pal, born 25th March 1991 in Chandigarh, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer, he is presently undertaking a Law degree from Symbiosis, Pune.
- Rajkumar Saheb Shri Rupendra Palji (by the second marriage), born 23rd August 1974 in New Delhi, educated at St John's College, Government College in Chandigarh; married 1993, Rajkumari Saheb Shri Omkareshwari Rajya Laxmi, born 23rd May 1976 in Allahabad, daughter of Maharaj Shri Ranti Dev Singh Ju Deo of Nagod, and his wife, Rani Rama Rajya Laxmi, educated at Scindia College, Gwalior; and has issue.
- Kumari Saheb Shri Durgeshwari Raj Rajeshwari Rajya Deiji, born 13th April 1995.
- Kanwar Saheb Shri Shivendra Raj Rajendra Narayan Palji, born 22nd March 1996.
- Raja Saheb Shri BUDHESHWAR PALJI Bahadur, Raja of Kutlehar (see above)