|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The
was founded in 1806. The state ranked 18th in the Panjab
Darbar (1918). The Nawab maintains a military force of 94
men (as of 1892). Rulers
- Mirza Araf or Alaf Jan Beg of a family of Bokhara,
he succeeded his father-in-law as Governor of Attock;
married the daughter of Mirza Mahomed Beg, Governor of
Attock, and had issue.
- Mirza Mahommed Ali Khan
- Nawab Mirza Ahmed Bakhsh Khan Fakharuddaula
Rustam-i-Jang Dilawar ul-mulk (qv)
- Mirza Ilahi Bakhsh Khan, Nawab of
Firozepur-Jhirka, married and had issue.
- Umrao Begum, married 1810 in Delhi, Mirza
Asadullah Khan Ghalib, born 27th December 1797 in
Agra, died sp on 15th October 1869(#1), son of Asadullah Beg
Khan, died 1802 (son of Quqan Beg Khan), and his
wife, Izzatunissa Begum.
- Mirza Zainal Abidin Arif, adopted son
and nephew, married and had issue.
- Mirza Baqar Ali Khan Kamil, married
Nawabzadi Moazzam Zamani Begum [Bigga
Begum], daughter of Nawab Ziauddin Ahmed
Khan of Loharu, and had issue.
- Sahibzadi Fatima Sultan Begum,
married Nawabzada Bashiruddin Ahmed Khan
of Loharu (see below), and had issue.
- Mirza Ali Bakhsh Khan
- Mirza Nabi Ahmed Bakhsh Khan
- (name unknown)
Begum, married Nasrullah Beg Khan (son of Quqan Beg
Khan), died 1806
- Nawab Mirza AHMED
BAKHSH KHAN Fakharuddaula Rustam-i-Jang Dilawar
ul-mulk, 1st Nawab of Loharu 1806/1827, he
was employed by the Raja of Alwar in the negotiations
with Lord Lake in 1806, and in recognition of his
services he received Loharu from the Raja, and the
feudal possession of Firuzpur from the British
Government, married and had issue. He died 1827.
- Nawab Shamsuddin Khan (qv)
- Nawab Aminuddin Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Ibrahim Ali Khan, he died 1832.
- Nawab Ziauddin Ahmad Khan, he quarrelled with his
brother and was ordered to leave the state,
receiving an allowance of Rs18,000 per annum for his
maintenance; the title of Nawab was conferred upon
him in 1866 as a personal distinction in recognition
of his literary attainments, being well read in
Arabic and Persian, and was regarded as one of the
leading men in Delhi; married and had issue. He died
- Nawabzada Mirza Shahabuddin Khan, served as a
City Magistrate; married and had issue. He died
- Sahibzada Mirza Shujauddin Ahmad Khan, born
- Sahibzada Mirza Bahauddin Ahmad Khan, born
1862, has served as an official in the
Department for the Suppression of Thagi and
- Sahibzada Mirza Sarajuddin Ahmad Khan, born
- Sahibzada Mirza Mumtazuddin Ahmad Khan, born
1866, Inspector of Police in the Punjab.
- Nawabzada Mirza Saiduddin Ahmad Khan, born 1853,
Viceregal Darbari; Honorary Magistrate of Dehli,
also served as an Extra Assistant Commissioner in
the Punjab 1879/1887. He died 1919.
KHAN. 2nd Nawab of Loharu 1827/1835, he was
executed by the authorities in Delhi on 3rd October
1835 due to his participation in a conspiracy to
assassinate, Mr. William Fraser, the Resident of
Delhi, and in consequence Loharu and Firuzpur were
confiscated, and the title of Nawab was denied.
KHAN, 3rd Nawab of Loharu 1835/1869, Loharu
was restored to the family, and the title of Nawab was
granted in 1866 as a personal distinction, married and
had issue. He died 1869.
- Nawab Alauddin Ahmed Khan (qv)
- Nawabzada Najamuddin Ahmad Khan, died 1884.
AHMED KHAN C.I.E., 4th Nawab of Loharu
1869/1884, born 1833, the title of Nawab was conferred
on the Chief in 1874 in recognition of his good
services, he was created a Companion of the Most
Eminent Order of the Indian Empire (C.I.E.) on 2nd
January 1893. married Shamsunnissa Begum, and had
issue. He died 1884.
- HH Al-Haj Nawab Mirza Sir Amiruddin Ahmed Khan
- Nawabzada Nasiruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1861.
- Nawabzada Azizuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1862, married
and had issue.
- Sahibzada Hisamuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1882.
- Sahibzada Shamsamuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1885.
- Sahibzada Muzaffaruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1886.
- Sahibzada Shamsuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1888.
- Nawabzada Bashiruddin Ahmed Khan, born 1863,
married Sahibzadi Fatima Sultan Begum (see above),
and had issue.
- Sahibzada Muazuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1884.
- Sahibzada Nasiruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1885.
- Sahibzadi Aliya Sultan Begum, born 1888, married
Nawabzada Abdus Samad Khan of Najibabad, and had
issue. She died February 1967.
- Sahibzadi Fakhar Begum, married
- Nawabzada Zamiruddin Ahmad Khan, born 1867, he
HH Al-Haj Nawab Mirza Sir
AMIRUDDIN AHMED KHAN Bahadur K.C.I.E., 5th
Nawab of Loharu 1884/1920 (abdicated), born 26th
January 1860 (#4 p.2), he
succeeded to the musnaid
on 31st October 1884, he was appointed an additional member
of the Imperial Legislative Council in 1895; Member of
the Punjab Legislative Council 1899/1901;
Superintendent of the Maler Kotla Princely State from
1893 till December 1902; Member of the Council of State
1923/1925; he was made a C.I.E. in 1893 and a K.C.I.E.
in 1897(#2), he was
granted a personal salute of 9 guns on 1st January
1903, which was made permanent on 1st January 1918 for
services in connection with WWI; he voluntarily
abdicated in 1920, though still retained his title and
salute as personal distinctions; married (a), Akhtaree
Begum, married (b), Jamila Begum, married (c), Jamila
Khatoon, and had issue. He died 1937.
- Sahibzada Muizuddin Ahmed Khan [Akbar Mirza], born
1885, he died 1900.
- Capt. HH Nawab Mirza Aizzuddin Ahmed Khan
Fakharuddaula (2nd son) (qv)
- Sahibzada Mirza Izazuddin Ahmad Khan [Aizazuddin
Ahmed Khan] alias
Shahrukh Mirza, born 25th February 1887 (#4
p.3), married 1stly, Bilqees Begum, daughter
of Mirza Akbar Ali Khan, married 2ndly, Suboree
Begum, and had issue. He died 1957.
- Sahibzada Itimaduddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Masllahuddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Shamsher Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Fakhruddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Amiruddin Ahmed Khan, married and has
- Sahibzada Sa'aduddin Ahmed Khan, married
Sahibzadi Anwari Begum from Rampur, and had issue.
- Sahibzadi Shamima Begum, died in Delhi at the
age of 11 months.
- Sahibzadi Rana Masud Khan, born 13th December
1953, married Sahibzada Masud uz Zafar Khan of
Najibabad, and has issue.
- Sahibzada Tariq Masud Khan
- Sahibzadi Mahwash Jehanzeb
- Sahibzada Faisal Masud Khan
- Sahibzada Mirza Noor ud Din Ahmed Khan, born
7th July 1961, married and has issue.
- Sahibzada Ruknuddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Alezah Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Marium Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Roshnak Begum
- Sahibzadi Asifa Begum
- Sahibzadi Nawshaba Begum
- Sahibzada Rukanuddin Ahmad Khan, born 1888.
- Sahibzada Iftikhar Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Sher Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Mirza Aitizaduddin Ahmed Khan Barlasi
[Itizazuddin Ahmed Khan alias Humayum Mirza], born 6th
September 1899 (#4 p.3)
at Maler Kotla, educated at Aitchison Chiefs'
College, Lahore and Mayo College, Ajmer; joined the
Indian (Imperial) Police Service in 1920; Nazim of
Loharu 1918; Superintendent of Police, Punjab;
awarded the Indian Police Medal for distinguished
conduct; married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Asaduddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Aitizaduddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Izzatuddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzadi Saraskina Banu, (Begum of Loharu).
- Sahibzadi Nurjehan Banu
- Sahibzadi Fakhrunnisa Begum, married 1stly, Sheikh
Husain Mian of Mangrol, married 2ndly, Ibrahim Khan.
- Sahibzadi Bilqis Begum, married Nawab Ahmed Nawaz
Khan of Derah, and had issue, two sons.
- Nawabzada Allah Nawaz Khan
- Nawabzada Qayum Nawaz Khan
- Sahibzadi Shaher Bano (by Akhtaree Begum), married
Nawab Ibrahim Ali Khan of Pataudi.
- Sahibzadi Meher Bano (by Akhtaree Begum), married
Nawab Ghulam Qutbuddin Khan of Mamdot, he died sp
- Sahibzadi Chamo Begum
- Sahibzadi Ruqqaiya Sultan, married Col. Zalnur Ali
Ahmed, and had issue.
- Shri Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, born 13th
May 1905 in Hauz Qazi area of Old Delhi;
Barrister-at-law; Member of the Assam
Legislative Assembly 1935 and 1957/1966;
Ministerin the Government of Assam 1938/1939 and
1957/1966; Member of the Rajya Sabha 1954/1957
and 1966/1967; President of India 1974/1977;
married 9th November 1945, Begum Abida Saheba,
born 1924, and had issue, two sons and one
daughter. He died 11th February 1977.
- Semina Shahin Khan,
married Dr. Aftab Ahmed Khan, and has issue,
one son and one daughter.
- Dr. Pervez Ali Ahmed, married Dr. Anjum
- Justice Badar Durrez Ahmed, married
Nawabzadi Syeda Saba Ali Khan (Syeda
Kaneez-e-Sheharbano), daughter of HH Nawab
Syed Zulfiquar Ali Khan Sahib of Rampur, and his
wife, HH Nawab Mehtab Zamani Roshanara Noor
Bano Begum Sahiba.
- Sahibzadi Tahera Begum (by Jamila Begum)
- Sahibzadi Nadera Begum (by Jamila Begum)
- Sahibzada Afzaluddin Ahmed Khan (by Jamila
- Sahibzada Jamiluddin Ahmed Khan
- Sahibzada Jamaluddin Ahmed Khan
Maj. HH Nawab Mirza
AIZZUDDIN AHMAD Khan Bahadur Fakhr ud-Daula
[Azam Mirza], 6th Nawab of Loharu 1920/1926, born 27th
December 1885 (#4 p.2),
educated at Aitchison College, Lahore; he was formally
installed on 20th April 1920, he was granted the
honorary rank of Lieutenant and subsequently promoted
to Captain for his services on the frontier; Financial
Administrator of the State; he succeeded his father as
Superintendent of the Maler Kotla Princely State in December
1902; married 1stly, HH Nawab Begum Zakia Sultana
[Fakhar Begum], born 1880, died 1916, married 2ndly,
Khatija Sultan, and had issue. He died in October
- Capt. HH Nawab Mirza Aminuddin Ahmad Khan Bahadur
Fakharuddaula alias Shaharyar Mirza (qv)
- Sahibzada Hafiz Haji Mirza Moinuddin Ahmad alias
Shahzada Mirza, born 26th February 1912 in Delhi,
educated at Aitchison Chiefs' College, Lahore and
St. Stephen's College, Delhi (BA); awarded the
King's Coronation Medal 1937, married and had issue.
- Sahibzada Suheiluddin Ahmed [Tughral Mirza],
- Sahibzada Mirza Salah ud-din Ahmed [Shahzaman
Mirza], married twice, and had issue, eight
- Sahibzada Mirza Sabahuddin Ahmed Khan, married
Sahibzadi Farzana Usmani Begum, and has issue,
- Sahibzadi Saima Sabah M.B.B.S., born 6th
January 1968 in Lahore, married 23rd July 1993
in Lahore, Sahibzada Babar Rahim Khan, and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Sahibzadi Zahra Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Haris Ali Khan
- Sahibzada Mirza Ziauddin Ahmad Khan, born 9th
May 1970 in Lahore, married 11th November 1994
in Lahore, Sahibzadi Nadia Afaqi, and has issue,
one son and one daughter.
- Sahibzadi Arfah Zia
- Sahibzada Saifuddin Ahmed
- Sahibzada Mirza Shujauddin Ahmad Khan M.B.A.,
born 26th February 1974 in Lahore, married 2nd
January 2001 in Karachi, Sahibzadi Sana Aftab,
and has issue, three daughters.
- Sahibzadi Ayesha Shuja
- Sahibzadi Fatima Shuja
- Sahibzadi Amna Shuja
- Sahibzada Mirza Muazam Uddin Ahmed, married
Bazegha Sultana, and has issue, two children.
- Sahibzadi Naureen Muazam, married Muzaffar
Ali, son of Uzma Qutab (grand-daughter of Sail
Sahib), and has issue, one daughter.
- Sahibzada Mirza Rameez Uddin Ahmed
- Sahibzada Jalal Ud-din Ahmed [Akbar Mirza],
married and has issue.
- Sahibzada Mirza Bilal Ud-Din Ahmed
- Sahibzada Mirza Tehzeeb Uddin Ahmed, married
Sahibzadi Iqbal Jahan, and has issue.
- Sahibzada Mirza Zamir Ud-Din Ahmed, born 7th
July 1975 in Lahore, Pakistan, married 26th
December 2001 in Karachi, Pakistan, Sahibzadi
Benish Zamir, and has issue.
- Aanisha Zamir
- Mirza Emmad Ud-Din Ahmed
- Sahibzadi Unsia Bano Begum
- Sahibzada Mirza Muftakhar Uddin Ahmed
- Sahibzada Mirza Misbah Uddin Ahmed
- Sahibzadi Arhumand Bano Begum
- Sahibzadi Saeda Bano Begum
- Sahibzada Muhiuddin Ahmad Khan alias Sherzaman
- Sahibzadi Haleema Bano (by Khatija Sultana)
Capt. HH Nawab Mirza
AMINUDDIN AHMAD Khan Bahadur Fakharuddaula,
7th Nawab of Loharu 1926/1983, born 23rd March 1911 in
Delhi (#3), educated at
Aitchison Chiefs' College, Lahore; he was invested
with full ruling powers in November 1931, and at the
same time he was gazetted as an Honorary Second Lieutenant
and was attaches to the 7th Cavalry, in 1934 he was
promoted to Honorary Lieutenant; Member of the Chamber
of Princes, and was M.L.A. and later Public Works
Department Minister of Rajasthan from 1967 to 1976,
Governor of Himachal Pradesh 1977/1981, married five
wives, including 2ndly, Shahzadi Sultan Begum, married
5thly, HH Shaukat Jehan Begum (cousin of the Nawab of
Jaora), and had issue. He died June 1983.
- Nawabzadi Mahbano Begum (Photo)(by
Sultan Begum), born 24th July 1934 in Loharu,
married in December 1956, H.E. Dr. Samiullah M.
Koreshi, Ambassador of Pakistan, and has issue. (Islamabad,
- HH Nawab Mirza Alauddin Ahmad Khan II [alias
Parvez Mirza] (by Shaukat Jehan Begum) (qv)
- Nawabzadi Begum Noor Banu [Mehtab Zamani] (by
Shaukat Jehan Begum), born 11th November 1939 in
Loharu, educated at M.G.D. Girls Public School,
Jaipur (Rajasthan), member of the 11th Lok Sabha
1996, Member of the Consultative Committee, Ministry
of Home Affairs. Patron of the Naine Dev Foundation
(Music) and Rampur Gharana (Music). Interested in
doing research on historical, cultural, Persian and
Arabic books and documents. Leisure interests
include reading, music, painting and gardening,
tennis and swimming. Member of the Central Wakf
Council, Ministry of Welfare, 1993; the National
Integration Council, Uttar Pradesh, 1993; the
Maulana Azad Foundation, 1995-96; the Court of the
Aligarh Muslim University 1996; the Informal
Consultation Committee for Railway Zone (U.P)
1996-97; the Nainital Telephone Advisory Committee
1996-97; and the Rampur Raza Library Board 1997.
Chairperson of the State Social Welfare Advisory
Board 1993 and the U.P. Mahila Samaj Kalyan Board
1994-95; Convenor, U.P. Members of Parliamentary
Group of India Congress 1996, married 2nd June 1956,
Nawabzada Syed Zulfiqar Ali Khan of Rampur.
- Nawabzada Mirza Aimaduddin
Ahmad Khan Bahadur (alias Durru Miyan) (by
Shaukat Jehan Begum), born 29th June 1944 at Loharu,
Haryana, educated at St. Xavier School, Jaipur; Mayo
College, Ajmer and Hindu College, Delhi University.
President, Indo-Kuwait Devania (Rajasthan Chapter);
Vice President, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress
Committee; Chairman of the Minority Board, Rajasthan
(with the rank of Minister of State) 1989/90 and of
the Minority Commission, Rajasthan, (with the rank
of Minister of State), 1993; Former Organising
Secretary, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Seva Dal;
Founder Member, Foundation for Amity and National
Solidarity, New Delhi; was Member of the following
committees, Central Waqf Council, Government of
India, New Delhi, Rajasthan P&T Advisory
Committee, Jaipur Telephone Advisory Committee,
Maulana Azad Centenary Celebration Committee,
Rajasthan and Legislative Assembly, Rajasthan,
1993/1998; Life Member of the India Islamic Centre,
New Delhi, Indian Heritage Society, New Delhi, All
India Muslim Educational Society, Chennai,
Hindostani Manch, Jaipur and Indo-German Society,
Jaipur; Member of the Executive Committee, Ghalib
Institute, New Delhi, All India Congress Committee,
Rajasthan Pradesh Election Committee and Committee
on Agriculture; elected to the Rajya Sabha in July,
1998; he is a former Member of Parliament [Rajya
Sabha] and was appointed in 2008, as Minister for
Medical Health, Family Welfare, Ayurveda and Medical
Education in the Government of Rajasthan. Clubs :
Ashok Club, Jaipur. Enjoys reading; married 10th
October 1979, Begum Fauzia Ahmad Khan, and has
issue, three daughters, including. (Loharu
House, Civil Lines, Jaipur-302006, Rajasthan,
- Sahibzadi Fareha Ahmad Khan, born 17th August
- Sahibzadi Farheen Ahmad Khan, born 15th December
HH Nawab Mirza
ALAUDDIN AHMAD KHAN II [alias Parvez
Mirza], 8th Nawab of Loharu (see above)