LOCATION: Madhya Pradesh AREA: 401 kmē VILLAGES: xx POPULATION: 15,519 (1931) RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs 1,38,000 (1934) DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Raj Gond PRIVY PURSE: Rs 25,000 SEAT: Makrai ACCESSION: 1st February 1948
AGENCY: Deputy Commissioner, Hoshangabad 1858 - 1919, Central Provinces Feudatory States Agency 1919 - 1933, Bhopal Agency 1933 - 1948
PRESENT RULER: Raja Sahib AJAY KUMAR SHAH, present Raja Saheb of Makrai
born 21st January 1956, he was crowned as ceremonial ruler on 21st December 1987, married 20th May 1986, Rani Hemlata Kushwaha, daughter of Thakur Kok Singh Kushwaha, Jagirdar of Harshi, dist, Gwalior, originally from Narwar in district Shivpuri, and his wife, Thakurani Tej Kumari Tomar of Nonera, district Bhind, and has issue, two sons.
- Yuvaraj Abhijeet Shah
- Rajkumar Rahul Shah
- Raja MAKRAND SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja
of Makrai 1663/-, it is said that around 1663, he took
advantage in the decline of Mughal powers, left
Kalibhit, and built a fort at Makrai, where he
succeeded in annexing fifty villages.
- Raja FATEH SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja
of Makrai, married Rani Birj Kune (qv).
- Rani Birj Kune,
Rani of Makrai 1749/-
- Raja DHAR SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai
- Raja BHARAT SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja
of Makrai 1765/-
- Raja UDAI SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai
- Raja DEVI SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai 1832/1866, married and had adoptive issue.
- Raja Lacchu Shah Hathriya Rai [aka Bharat Shah]
- Raja LACCHU SHAH
Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai 1866/1911, born
1846, succeeded 5th December 1866 (#1).
He died 1920.
- Raja CHHATRASAL SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai 1911/1918, born 4th March 1876, he was granted a sanad in 1911, recognizing him as a Feudal Chief; succeeded to the gadi on 16th October 1911; married Rani Bhup Kunwar, Regent of Makrai 1918/1919, and had adoptive issue. He died sp in 1918.
- (A) Raja
Drigpal Shah Hathriya Rai (qv)
- Raja DRIGPAL SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai [30.10.1918] - [17.4.1929], born 24th September 1904, he succeeded his cousin and adoptive father to the gadi on 30th October 1918 (#2); he was invested with the powers of a ruling Chief on 20th October 1925. He died sp on 17th April 1929.
POLITICAL AGENT, Raipur
[17.4.1929] - [23.4.1932]
- Raja Sahib TODAR
SHAH Hathriya Rai, Raja of Makrai 1929/1987,
born 20th March 1908, he succeeded his distant
relative to the gadi
17th April 1929; he was invested with the powers of a
ruling Chief on 23rd April 1932; married Rani Uma
Kanwar, and had issue. He died 1987.
- Yuvaraj Devi Shah, born 4th August 1931, married Yuvarani Sita Rana [Late Rajmata Sita Rani Devi of Makrai], daughter of Shri Thir Jung Rana of Nepal, and his wife, Rani Saheb Padma Kumari, and had issue, four sons and four daughters.
- Raja Ajay Kumar Shah (qv)
- Kunwar Vijay Shah, presently an M.L.A. from
Harsood and formerly a Cabinet Minister in the
B.J.P. government of Madhya Pradesh, married
Kunwarani Bhawna Kushwaha of Bagli Jagir, District
Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, and has issue, one son.
- Kunwat Divyaditya Shah
- Kunwar Dhananjay Shah, he is Additional Superintendent of Police in Madhya Pradesh; married Kunwarani Priti Chakrawarti of Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh (see Orchha), and has issue, one son, and one daughter.
- Kunwar Apratim Shah
- Kumari Advitiya Shah
- Kuwar Sanjay Shah, he is an M.L.A. from Timarni,
Madhya Pradesh, married Kunwarani Shailja of
Bardibas, Mahottari, Nepal, and has issue, one
daughter and one son.
- Kumari Raima Shah
- Kunwar Ravya Shah
- Kumari Kiran Shah, married Thakur Mahipal Singh of Bendi, Anuppur, Additional Commissioner, and has issue, one daughter and two sons.
- Kumari Sukriti Shah
- Kunwar Rudra Pratap Shah
- Kunwar Narmada Pratap Shah
- Kumari Uma Shah, married Shri Dr. Krishna Hamal
of Pipal Bhanjyang, Udaypur district of Nepal, and
has issue, two daughters.
- Natasha Hamal
- Abhilasha Hamal
- Kumari Purnima Shah, married Shri Yogendra Singh
of Dhamkan Jagir, Muraina district, Madhya
Pradesh, and has issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Yuvraj Singh
- Kunwar Dushyant Singh
- Kumari Archana Shah, married Shri Naresh Thapa
of Chandanpur, Sankhuwa Sabha district of Nepal,
and has issue, one daughter.
- Asmita Thapa
- Rajkumar Bharat Shah, born 3rd May 1934.
- Rajkumar Vikram Kesri Shah
- Raja Sahib AJAY
KUMAR SHAH, Raja of Makrai (see above)