|Predecessors and Short History:
A Fourth Class Princely State, the Ruling Family is
descended from the same stem as that of the Kutch and
Morvi Houses. Kanyaji, the founder of the Morvi State had
eight sons of whom Modaji, the sixth son, received in
appanage Malia with three other villages in Machhu Kantha
and Vandhia with several others in Vagad. Modji desiring
to throw off allegiance to the parent State imported the
Mianas, a criminal tribe from Sindh and induced them to
settle within his territory. With their aid, he seized
several other villages in Machhu Kantha and established a
separate Chiefdom. The rule of succession is by
Primogeniture. The State had the following powers;
Criminal: Three year's rigorous imprisonment and fines to
the extent of 5,000Rs, Civil: To the extent of
- Thakore Sahib
KANYAJI RAVAJI, founder of Morvi in 1697, representing
the senior-most branch of the Jadeja Rajputs, son of
Jam Ravaji Rayadhanji of Kutch,
married and had issue.
- Kumar Shri Tejmalji Kanyaji, married Kumari Shri Pamba Sahiba, daughter
of Raj Sahib Jaswantsinhji Gajsinhji of Dhrangadhra,
and his third wife, Rani Phuljiba Sahiba. He died spm.
- Thakore Sahib Aliaji Kanyaji, succeeded in Morvi.
- Kumar Shri Bhimji Kanyaji of Gugan, with the
villages of Jetpur [Machhu] and Sultanpur at Morvi.
- Kumar Shri Lakhaji Kanyaji of Lakadia, Nagdavas,
Gharana, Bahadurgadh at Morvi and Manaba (Vagad)
- Kumar Shri Raysangji Kanyaji of Kumbharia (Vagad).
- Thakore Saheb Modaji Kanyaji, sixth son, married
and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Nathaji Modaji (see below)
- Thakore Saheb Devaji Modaji (see below)
- Kumar Shri Ranmalji Kanyaji of Kumbharia (Machhu)
and Laliana (Vagad)
- Kumar Shri Ramsangaji Kanyaji of Jangi (Vagad).
- Thakore Saheb
DEVAJI MODAJI, 1st Thakore Sahib of Malia,
he was the younger son and received Malia,
Khakhrechi and Vadharava in Machhukantha, as well as
the Bhimadevka area of Fulpara - Sikarpur in Vagad, he
chose to remain in Vadharva thikana, with
administrators looking after affairs in Malia, an
arrangement which continued till independence, he
married and had issue, four surviving sons.
- Kumar Shri Vajesangji Devaji, overlooked in the
succession in Vadharva, but was compensated with a
share in the jagir which was divided into five
- Kumar Shri Agarsinhji Devaji of Vadharva, received
two of five shares in the jagir, as the successor in
NATHAJI MODAJI, 2nd Thakore Sahib of Malia,
his younger brother succeeded in Malia, and in an
arrangement he was granted Wandhia and several
villages, and eventually succeeded in Malia when his
brother and his sons opted to stay in Vadharva, he
married and had issue, nine sons.
- Thakore Saheb Vibhaji Nathaji (qv)
VIBHAJI NATHAJI, 3rd Thakore Sahib of Malia,
married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Dosaji Vibhaji (qv)
DOSAJI VIBHAJI, 4th Thakore Sahib of Malia
1802/1810, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Sataji Dosaji (qv)
- Rani Ram Kunwarba Sahiba, married (as his sixth
wife), Raj Sahib Amarsinhji Raisinhji of Dhrangadhra.
SATAJI DOSAJI, 5th Thakore Sahib of Malia,
married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Mulvaji Sataji (qv)
- Kumar Kaliansinhji Sataji of Khiraj.
- Kumar Jalamsinhji Sataji of Vardusar.
MULVAJI SATAJI, 6th Thakore Sahib of Malia
-/1875, married and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Modji Mulvaji (qv)
- Kumar Lagdhiraji Mulvaji, married and had issue.
- Kumar Nathaji Lagdhiraji
- Kumar Bhimsinhji Lagdhiraji
Thakore Saheb MODJI
MULVAJI, 7th Thakore Sahib of Malia
1875/1907, born 1st July 1846, succeeded 23rd June
married and had issue. He died 20th October 1907.
- Thakore Saheb Raisinhji Modji (qv)
- Kumar Abhaisinhji Modji
RAISINHJI MODJI, 8th Thakore Sahib of Malia
1907/1930, born 14th February 1868 and succeeded 20th
October 1907 (#2),
married Bai Shri Bakunverba, daughter of Rana Shri
Udaisinhji of Vanod, and had issue.
- Yuvraj Saheb Gumansinhji Raisinhji, married and
had issue. He died vp 1922.
- Thakore Saheb Harishchandrasinhji Gumansinhji
- Kumar Shri Narendrasinhji Gumansinhji
- Kumar Shri Rajendrasinhji Gumansinhji
- Kumar Shri Bharatsinhji Raisinhji
- Kumar Shri Balvirsinhji Raisinhji, married and had
- Kumar Shri Surendrasinhji Balvirsinhji
HARISHCHANDRASINHJI GUMANSINHJI, 9th Thakore
Saheb of Malia 1930/1939, married Thakorani Jayvant
Kunwarba Sahiba, daughter of Thakore S. Sinhji of Adpur, and his wife,
Thakorani Makunvarba Sahiba, and had issue.
- Thakore Saheb Bhupendrasinhji Harishchandrasinhji
- Kumari Shri Premila Kuvarba Saheb, married Kumar
Shri Balwantsinhji Sahebsinhji of Gangad, and has
- Kumar Shri Raghuvirsinhji Balwantsinhji
BHUPENDRASINHJI HARISHCHANDRASINHJI, 10th
Thakore Saheb of Malia (see above)
The help of Y.S. Jaideepsinh Jadeja is gratefully