MANDAWA - line one
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY:
Mandawa became the appanage of the
third and fourth sons of Thakur Narsinghdas of Nawalgarh
in 1791. Estate holders were.....
- Thakur PADAM SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1791/1823, granted the Tazim
in 1806, married Thakurani Jatan Kanwar of Rian, and had issue. He
died 8th December 1823.
- Thakur GOPAL SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1823/1848, born 1795, married
Thakurani Amrit Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Ranjit
Singh of Kuchaman,
and his wife, Thakurani Raj Kanwar, and had issue. He
died 9th March 1848.
- Thakur Rampratap Singh (qv)
- Thakur Jawahar Singh, married and had issue. He
died 21st December 1849.
- Thakur Sabal Singh, died sp 1866.
- Thakur RAMPRATAP
SINGH, joint Thakur of Mandawa 1848/1854,
born 1818, married 1stly, Thakurani Badan Kanwar of Balunda, died sp
1844, married 2ndly, Thakurani Gyan Kanwar of Chandawal, and had
issue, two sons by 2nd marriage. He died 30th
- Thakur JAIT SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1854/1905, born 27th May 1851,
married Thakurani Nand Kanwar of Bhadran, and had
issue. He died 12th July 1905.
- Kunwar Gordhan Singh, died young.
- Kunwar Bahadur Singh, adopted by Thakur Berisal
Singh of Mukangarh.
- Thakur AJIT SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1854/1900, born 1853, Judge of
the Appellate Court 1886/1895, married Thakurani Suraj
Kanwar of Kharwa, and
had issue. He died 1900.
- Thakur Chattersal Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Roop Singh, born 1877, he was adopted to Nawalgarh in 1899.
- Baiji Lal (name unknown) [Maharni Sahiba of
karauli], married Maharaja Bhanwar Pal Deo of Karauli.
- Thakur CHATTERSAL
SINGH, joint Thakur of Mandawa 1900/-, born
1873, married Thakurani Anand Kanwar of Bhadran. He
- Thakur INDER SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1905/1946, born 20th January
1881, married 1stly, 1897, Thakurani Suraj Kanwar of
Ledi, married 2ndly, Thakurani Sobhag Kanwar of
Natwada, and had issue. He died 1946.
- Baiji Lal Ballabh Kanwar [Thakurani Ballabh Kanwar
of Bidwal], married 1916 at Mandawa, Thakur Duleha
Singh of Bidwal.
- Thakur BHIM SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1946/1993, born 6th October
1924, adopted 6th June 1933 by his predecessor,
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and Agriculture
College, Allahabad; Deputy Minister in Rajasthan
Government, member of the 7th Lok Sabha, married 1944,
Thakurani Krishna Kumari, daughter of Thakur Umed
Singh of Shyamgarh, and had issue. He died 1993.
- Baiji Lal Chandra Prabha [Thakurani Chandra Prabha
of Dhamotar], married Thakur Digvijay Singh of Dhamotar, and has
- Baiji Lal Kusum Kumari, married Raja Prem Singh of
- Baiji Lal Nirmala Kumari [Kunwarani Sahib Nirmala
Kumari of Amla], married Kanwar Jitendra Singh of Amla, and has issue, two
- Baiji Lal Archana Kumari, married Col. Karan Singh
- Thakur DURGA SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1993/-, educated at Mayo
College, Ajmer and Rajasthan College of Agriculture
(B.Sc. Ag.), married Thakurani Usha Kumari, daughter
of Maharaj Rajendra Singhji of Amla, and has issue. (Mandawa House, Sansar Chandra Road,
- Capt. Kunwar Nirbhay Singh, currently (2008) a
commercial airline pilot; married 22nd November
2008, Bai Sahiba Yuvragi Kumari, daughter of
Thakur Bharat Sen Singhji Rathore of Hariadana,
Jodhpur, and has issue, one daughter.
- Baiji Lal Veerangana Kumari, born 6th May
MANDAWA - line two
- Thakur GYAN SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1791/1823, granted the Tazim
in 1806, married Thakurani Raj Kanwar, daughter of
Thakur Sher Singh of Mahajan, and had issue. He died
- Thakur Madho Singh (qv)
- Thakur Awaz Singh of Barwasi, married and had
- Kunwar Agar Singh of Barwasi, died sp in
- Kunwar Karan Singh
- Kunwar Mangal Singh
- Kunwar Shivnath Singh
- Kunwar Jagat Singh
- Thakur MADHO SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1823/1846, married Thakurani
Suraj Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Budh Singh Bidawat of
Harasar in Bikaner,
died 1866, and had issue. He died 13th December 1846.
- Thakur ANAND SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1846/1884, born 19th January
1834, married Thakurani Gopal Kanwar of Alaniyawas, and had
issue. He died 3rd June 1884.
- Thakur Bhagwant Singh (qv)
- Thakur Hari Singh (qv)
- Rani Takhat Kanwar, married 8th July 1878, Maharaj
Jawan Singh of Kishangarh.
- Thakur BHAGWANT
SINGH, joint Thakur of Mandawa 1884/1901,
born 26th November 1860, married Thakurani Suraj
Kanwar, daughter of Thakur Chiman Singh of Santha, died 12th
December 1915, and had issue. He died 2nd January
- Thakurani Sobhag Kanwar [Saubhagya Kumari], born
27th January 1888, married 1906, as his second wife,
Raja Fateh Singh, Thakur Sahib of Asope, and had issue,
- Thakurani Lad Kanwar, born 4th December 1889,
married the Thakur Sahib of Neemaj.
- Thakur Ram Singh (qv)
- Thakur RAM SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1901/1904, born 30th September
1893, died 1st September 1904.
- Thakur HARI SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1884/1924, born 17th October
1869, married 1stly, Thakurani Sirey Kanwar of Bakhri,
died sp in
1865, married 2ndly, Thakurani Juwar Kanwar of Jawala,
and had issue, two sons and two daughters. He died
23rd February 1924.
- Thakur Jai Singh (qv)
- Rawal Madan Singh, he was adopted to Nawalgarh.
- Rani Inder Kanwar, born 1900, married 1919,
Maharaj Amar Singh of Jodhpur.
- Thakurani Sajjan Kanwar, born 1920, married 8th
March 1938, Thakur Govind Singh of Chandawal. She died
sp on 25th
- Thakur JAI SINGH,
joint Thakur of Mandawa 1924/1994, born 4th September
1903, he succeeded to Mandawa on 6th October 1924,
married 4th March 1918, Thakurani Gulab Kanwar,
daughter of Thakur Durjan Singhji of Daspan, and his third
wife, Thakurani Bhatiyanijisa Nasoli, and had issue.
He died 12th September 1994.
- Thakur Devi Singh (qv)
- Thakur Bhim Singh, born 6th October 1924, adopted
in June 1933 to Thakur Inder Singh of
Mandawa-Senior, see above.
The help of Deepak Aggarwal © November 2003, is
DEVI SINGH, joint Thakur of Mandawa
1994/1999, born 29th March 1922, B.A., MP for
Jhunjhunu, Chairman of Rajasthan Kshatriya Mahasabha,
Chairman of Jaipur Rajput Sabha, Trustee in Sawai Jai
Singh Benevolent Trust, Trustee in Sood Sadovrat
Trust, member of the Advisory Committee of Rajasthan
University, Member of the Rajasthan Legislative
Assembly 1952/1957 and the Rajya Sabha 1964/1970;
Secretary of the Rajasthan Swatantra Party 1962/1964,
married 2nd February 1941, Thakurani Sajjan Kunwar,
daughter of Rao Saheb Vijay Singh of Masuda, and had issue, four
sons. He died January 1999.
- Thakur Bhanu Prakash Singh, born 30th March 1943,
succeeded as Tikai Thakur of the Junior line of
Mandawa in January 1999, educated at Mayo College,
Ajmer; married 2nd March 1970, Thakurani Sarita
Kumari, daughter of Maj. Thakur Rajendra Pal Singh
- Thakur Kesari Singh, born 6th March 1946, educated
at Mayo College, Ajmer and Delhi University (B.A.
Hons.); married 10th July 1967, Thakurani Darshana
Kumari, daughter of Kumar Shri Ghanshyamsinhji
Chavda of Mansa, and has
issue, one son and two daughters.
- Kunwar Shiv Arjun Singh, married 14th February
2009, Kanwarani Chandrika Kumari, born 2nd
December 1987, daughter of Maharaj Vijayvardhan
Singh of Vijaynagar,
and his wife, Rani Asha Kumari, and has issue, one
son and one daughter.
- Bhanwar Anjaneya Singh, born 4th January 2011.
- Baijilal Sarvatmika Kumari, born 15th May
- Baiji Lal Geetanjali Kumari [Kanwarani
Geetanjali Kanwar of Tehri-Garhwal], married 30th
May 1999, Kanwar Nripendra Bikram Shah of Tehri-Garhwal,
and has issue, three children.
- Baiji Lal Priyanjali Kumari, married Kanwar
Abhiudaya Chand Katoch of Kangra-Lambagraon.
- Thakur Randhir Vikram Singh, born 22nd March 1953
at Ajmer, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and then
graduated from the Faculty of Fine Arts, M. S.
University of Baroda where he earned his B.A. in
Fine Arts (Painting), General secretary of the
Indian Heritage Hotels Association, Member of the
General Council and Board of Governors of the Mayo
College, Ajmer; married 10th May 1978 in Ajmer;
Thakurani Manjul Kumari, daughter of Col. Rajkumar
Guman Singh of Banera,
and his wife Rajkumar-Rani Anand Kunwar, and has
- Baiji Lal Rohini Singh, married 12th December
2008, Kunwar Siddharth Singh, son of Thakur
Mahavir Singh of Ghanerao.
- Baiji Lal Niyati Kumari, married 12th November
2011, Kunwar Suryaveer Singh of Kotkhai in Himachal
- Thakur Pradyuman Singh, born 11th October 1954,
educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; married 1979,
Thakurani Hemant Kanwar, daughter of Kanwar Sahib
Sher Singh of Chamba,
and his wife, Kanwarani Bijaya Kumari, and has
issue, two sons.
- Kunwar Anirudh Singh, born 1980 in Jaipur,
married 30th April 2005, Baisaheb Namrata Kumari,
daughter of Thakur Himmat Singh of Lasani, and has
issue, one son.
- Bhawar Shivraj Singh, born 15th November 2011.
- Kunwar Angad Deo, born 1982 in Jaipur.