LOCATION: U.P.A.O. (Gonda Dist.) AREA: 51,816 acres VILLAGES: 162 plus 13 mahals (1904) POPULATION: xx RELIGION: Hindu
REVENUE: Rs DYNASTY/LINEAGE: Bisen SEAT: xx ACCESSION: 1954
PRESENT RULER: Raja ANAND SINGHJI, present Raja of Mankapur since 1964. (Mankapur House, 17 Kaiser Bagh, Lucknow-226001, Uttar Pradesh)
born 1939, Member of Parliament; President of Raghvendra Rural Development and Research Organisation (RRDRO); married Rani Veena Kumari of Kotwa, and has issue, one son and three daughters.
- Rajkumar Kirti Vardhan Singhji, born 1st March 1966 in Lucknow, M.Sc. (Geology), educated at Lucknow University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; Member of the 12th Lok Sabha; Member of the Committee on Industry 1998/1999, Member of the Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defence 1998/1999; re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha in 2004, Member of the Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests; interests include.. travelling, photography and adventure sports; married 16th November 2002, Rajkumarani Madhushree Kumari of Daspan. (Mankapur Kot, PO. Mankapur, Dist. Gonda, Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Rajkumari Niharika Kumari, married Rajkumar Abhai Pratap Singh of Manda, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Raja AJMAT SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur, married and had issue. He lived in 1681.
- Raja Gopal Singh (qv)
- Raja GOPAL SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur, married and had issue.
- Raja Bahadur Singhji (qv)
- Rajkumar Jagraj Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Kishan Singh, married and had issue.
- Raja Jai Prakash Singhji (qv)
- Raja BAHADUR SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur, married and had issue.
- Raja Bakhat Singhji (qv)
- Raja BAKHAT SINGHJI,
Raja of Mankapur, married and had issue.
- Raja Prithvipat Singhji [aka Pirthipal Singh] (qv)
- Kunwar Narpat Singh, he died sp.
- Raja PRITHVI PAT
SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur -/1873, he received the sanad for the taluqa; married Rani
Saltanat Kanwar, and had issue, one son who died as an
infant, and a daughter. He dspm.
- Maharani Gyan Kunwar, married (as his sixth wife), Umara-i-Uzzam Maharaja Mahendra Aniruddh Singh of Bhadawar. He died 1873.
Saltanat Kanwar, Taluqdarin of Mankapur 1873/1886, she plunged the estate into debt by her reckless expenditure. She died 1886.
- Raja JAI PRAKASH
SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur 1886/1889, married and
had issue. He died in July 1889 aged 73 years.
- Raja Raghuraj Singhji (qv)
- Raja RAGHURAJ
SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur 1884/1932, O.B.E.,
M.L.C., born 20th April 1870; he was conferred with
the title of Raja as a hereditary distinction on 1st January 1903; married 1stly, a daughter of the Raja of
Gangwal, she died sp,
married 2ndly, a daughter of the Zamindar of Malethu,
and had issue, one son, married 3rdly, Rani Sultanat
Umedan Bi of Bahraich (she was known as Uttar Sarkar),
and had issue, one son and one daughter, married
4thly, Rani Josephine Singh (née Carr), (known as
Purab Sarkar), died sp,
married 5thly, a daughter of the Taluqdar of Paraspur
in Gonda, and by her had issue, two sons and two
daughters. He died 1932.
- Raja Ambikeshwar Pratap Singhji (by the second wife) (qv)
- Kunwar Adya Rudra Pratap Singhji B.A., L.L.B. (1926) (by the third wife) [popularly known as Bhaiyya Saheb], born 1906, a bright scholar he was educated at Colvin Taluqdar's College, Lucknow, Commissioned into then I.P.S. (then known as Imperial Police Service); Superintendent of Police, Moradabad, U.P., resigned fromservice due to political reasons, married Kuwarani Buddhi Rajeshwari Devi from a Nepalese Noble Family, and had issue, four sons. He died 1935.
- Kunwar Uday Pratap Singhji B.Sc. (Agriculture, 1949), born 1930, married Kunwarani Prema Singh (a descendant of Bhagwan Shri Ramji Maharaj of the Suryavansi Clan), and had issue, two sons and two daughters. He died 1997.
- Smt. Kumari Kalpana Singh, died unmarried in
- Col. (ret'd.) Ashok Singhji, married and has issue, two sons.
- Sh. Akshay Singh, presently working as an
Officer with .N.C. in Holland.
- Capt. Arvind Singh, a Commissioned Officer, gazetted Class 1A in the Indian Army.
- Smt. Kumari Lila Singh, married Dr. Santosh Kutty, son of the late Brigadier S. Kutty; presently is a C.M.O, Central Research Institute, Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, and has issue, one son.
- Varun Kutty, presently training for the Hospitality Industry.
- Col. (ret'd.) Anup Singhji, born 12th August
1959 in Mankapur, educated at La Martiniere
College, Lucknow, gaining Indian School
Certificate (Erstwhile Senior Cambridge) in 1st
Division with 14 points (Commerce) under the
previous system, B.A., Dip. Part-1 French, Dip.
Senior Level Defence Management, undertook a
number of Army Courses, and in addition to being
awarded a number of medals for Operational
Service, he was also awarded the Chief of the
Army Staff Commendation Card on two occassions,
has held the rank of Full Colonel (Selection
Grade); Commanding Officer, 8th Batallion, The
Dogra Regiment and Deputy
Brigade Commander, of an Infantry Brigade;
took P.M.R. (Pre-Mature Retirement) in 2004 to
be able to spend time at Mankapur; a versatile
sportsman, he has played or participated in
boxing, hockey, football (soccer), athletics,
swimming and horse riding; hobbies include,
reading, writing, photography, internet
browsing and travelling. He is unmarried.
- Kunwar Vijay Pratap Singhji, married into a Nepalese Noble Family, and has had issue, two sons and two daughters.
- Sh. Abhay Singhji, married in Nepal, and had issue, one son.
- Son, pursuing further studies at Alabama University, Buffalo, USA.
- Sh. Ajay Singhji, Captain (Merchant Navy), presently employed as Marine Manager in Singapore; married into a Nepalese family, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Smt. Jaya Chhetri (née Singh), presently employed as Senior General Manager, Parag Dairy,in Dehradun, Uttarakhand; married Sh. Vikram Chhetri, Captain (Merchant Navy), working with a Canadian Liner, and has issue, two daughters.
- Megha Chhetri, presently doing a
course with the Hospitality Industry.
- Barkha Chhetri, presently studying in Dehradun.
- Kunwar Bir Pratap Singhji, married into a Nepalese Noble Family, and had issue, one son. He died 1992.
- Brigadier General Ajit Singhji, (Nepal
Army), married and has
issue, one son and one daughter.
- Son is an Army
Officer in the Nepal Army.
- Daughter is working and pursuing further studies at Minnesota University, USA.
- Kunwar Jai Pratap Singh, married into a Nepalese Noble Family, and had issue, two sons and three daughters. He died 1982.
- Smt. Shobha Singh, married and settled down in nepal, no issue.
- Smt Usha Rana (née Singh), married in Nepal, K. N. Rana (+), Member of the Royal Scientific Planning Commission of Nepal, and has issue, one son.
- Son, working with a MNC in USA, and pursuing further studies there.
- Smt. Veena Singh, married and has
issue, two daughters.
- Sh. Manoj Singhji, unmarried.
- Sh. Sandeep Singhji, married and has
issue, one son.
- Kuwarani Munni Bachcha (by the third wife),
married Rao Bahadur Bhoop Singhji Mertia from
the Mertia Family (Meerabai Branch) of
Rajasthan, and has issue. (Faridabad,
- Rani (name
unknown) Kumari, married Raja
Mahendra Singh, Raja of Narwar.
- Raja Raghvendra Pratap Singhji (by the fifth wife) (qv)
- Kunwar Devendra Pratap Singhji (by the fifth wife), married, and has issue.
- Kunwar Dr. V. K. Singhji, married and had issue, two daughters and one son. He died 1990.
- Kumari (name unknown), married
Kunwar Praveen Singh of Daspan.
- Kunwar Vikram Singhji, born 1978.
- Kumari Shalini Singh
- Kunwar Anil K. Singhji, married and has issue, two daughters.
- Kumarani Manvi Singh, married Kumar
Prasenjit Singh Deo of Seraikella.
- Kumari Namita Singh, married Shri Arjun Vishwanathan.
- Kunwar Atul Singhji, married and has issue.
- Kumari Vartika Singh, married, Kunwar Shashank Pratap Singh Deo, son of Maharaj Kumar Shankar Pratap Singh Deo of Kharsawan, and his wife, Maharajkumari Santosh Devi.
- Rani Shaileshwari Kumari (by the fifth wife), born 1915, married Raja Kashi Nath Bahadur Pal of Mahson, and had issue, one son. She died 2007.
- Raja AMBIKESHWAR PRATAP SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur 1932/1943, popularly known as Sadhu Raja, he was a learned Raja, he established abeautiful library in the Palace precincts; married into the Royal Family of Vijaygarh, Mirzapur Distt. He died sp in 1943.
RAGHVENDRA PRATAP SINGHJI, Raja of
Mankapur 1943/1964, married and had issue, one
son and one daughter. He died 1964.
- Raja Anand Singhji (qv)
- Kunwarani Aruna Kumari, married (as his
first wife), Kunwar Diwakar Vikram Singh of
(U.P.), and has issue, one son and one
- Raja ANAND SINGHJI, Raja of Mankapur (qv)